What do you want to rant about today? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a line of thinking that the whole Santa thing developes trust issues between parents and children .... 

I remember my Mum picking up the phone and asking for Santa so she could tell him I wasn't behaving. 
I've actually just done that phone call to santa as my child has been a right menace in lidl 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yesterday I went to York with my husband. It was absolutely freezing and in one pub the only free table was near the door. People kept going in and out and not closing it, so I got up to do it,
A gang of women turn up and stand and read the menu outside, then half of them come in, leaving the door open. I get up to close it, then one of the women come back, opens the door to talk to her mates outside, then goes back to her table, leaving the door open. She does this three times. On the fourth time, she comes back with a menu, and proceeds to stand in the open doorway showing it to the people outside who are reading the menu in the window. I’ve had enough by now, so I get up and say to her “Get out of the doorway and close the door behind you” whilst bundling her outside. She’s furious and comes back in giving it large and telling me she doesn’t like my attitude. I tell her I don’t like hers 😂
Five minutes later, the leave, closing the door behind them and apologising. Tables round about start clapping
Why are people such entitled arses ?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
My dad was doing something similar at mine the other day, only it was the kitchen door he kept opening and letting my fat greedy cat in, when I'd shut the door to keep said fat greedy feline out.

One of my friends is going through an autism diagnosis at the moment. I am on the spectrum myself but I don't talk about it much. Now being elevenerifed about anything vaguely autism-related and it's very wearing.

Reactions: 12
People who muck about RSVPing to events.

The person in question is stalling because they don't know how they're going to feel on the day (their words). Well that's all fine and dandy, but please spare a thought for the organisers who need to know whether to cater for you and your requirements and are already dealing with Christmas stress.

Reactions: 8
People who muck about RSVPing to events.

The person in question is stalling because they don't know how they're going to feel on the day (their words). Well that's all fine and dandy, but please spare a thought for the organisers who need to know whether to cater for you and your requirements and are already dealing with Christmas stress.
The elevenerifer mentioned above does this a lot too.

Reactions: 3
The whole new parenting thing where “Santa is watching / naughty & nice list” is now seen as a bad thing and it’s manipulation??? 😩😩😩😩 please GET A GRIP!!!! We all grew up with that, it’s in song and the movies but now these new hippie parents say it’s a bad thing and it shouldn’t be used it’s harmful bla bla bla
We have motion sensors that light up red, a friend once visited and told my toddler that when the light is on that means Santa is watching. I ended up with a three year old who was too terrified to move around the house. Otherwise I'm all for it 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can't find my drill and I'm worried that I may have thrown it out!

After searching high and low to no avail, I decided to go and get another one - thinking a spare would probably come in handy for times like this - unbelievably, the two hardware stores I visited have both sold out. Maybe everyone's assembling stuff and doing DiY at the moment ... ugh; frustrating.

I have a bid in on one that a local guy's selling which closes at 4pm ... fingers crossed I win it.

Reactions: 1
I can't find my drill and I'm worried that I may have thrown it out!

After searching high and low to no avail, I decided to go and get another one - thinking a spare would probably come in handy for times like this - unbelievably, the two hardware stores I visited have both sold out. Maybe everyone's assembling stuff and doing DiY at the moment ... ugh; frustrating.

I have a bid in on one that a local guy's selling which closes at 4pm ... fingers crossed I win it.
As soon as you get another one it will turn up. It’s called Sod’s Law!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When you're in a quiet carriage and a parent with a child (he was 2/3) doesn't shut up and runs around

• Sad
Reactions: 10
When you're in a quiet carriage and a parent with a child (he was 2/3) doesn't shut up and runs around
The worst! We travelled in a quiet coach for 3 hours but parents with a baby and toddler got on. And everybody else in the coach was all "no it's fine". It wasn't fking fine! Some of us like peace and quiet.

So I really feel for you

I'm ranting left, right and centre today ...

I have just returned from the supermarket, where I was tapped on the shoulder very firmly by a nasty woman who told me to hurry up! I was in such a state of shock that I started crying -- both at the shock of her invading my personal space and shouting at me. She then told me to get a grip. I have no idea what I did wrong - I was just queuing up behind a very long line, moving forward as the person in front of me did ... so bizarre. I might just stick to online shopping for the next wee while.

I've been covering for a work friend who had to take leave unexpectedly. A few months ago, she started having problems with her back and upper legs which she put down to getting older and perhaps overdoing it at the gym. She went to the doctor, who referred her to a physio, and the treatment didn't really help. Turns out, after seeking a second opinion, she's at stage 2 of cancer. I am so, so angry that the first doctor and physio didn't pick something up! She said the first doctor rushed through his appointment - obviously they're all overworked at the moment, but even so ... I'm crossing my fingers, toes and everything else that they catch it in time. She's booked for surgery next week which is a good step forward and I really hope they get it all out. I asked my boss if we could set up a Go Fund Me for her just so she doesn't have to worry about working for the next wee while, and he said not to worry about doing that - that she'll just be paid as per usual - which is wonderful! What a lovely man.

Where I live feels very un-Christmasy, I have to say. Summer is here which is lovely, and the tourists are all arriving which has its pros and cons, but most of the retailers are grouchy. I get that it's been a tough few years and that the cost of living is ridiculous, but ... well, that's it really. Be nice to people, because you never know what they're going through or what their limit is before they break! (Directed to you, nasty woman at the supermarket).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm ranting left, right and centre today ...

I have just returned from the supermarket, where I was tapped on the shoulder very firmly by a nasty woman who told me to hurry up! I was in such a state of shock that I started crying -- both at the shock of her invading my personal space and shouting at me. She then told me to get a grip. I have no idea what I did wrong - I was just queuing up behind a very long line, moving forward as the person in front of me did ... so bizarre. I might just stick to online shopping for the next wee while.

I've been covering for a work friend who had to take leave unexpectedly. A few months ago, she started having problems with her back and upper legs which she put down to getting older and perhaps overdoing it at the gym. She went to the doctor, who referred her to a physio, and the treatment didn't really help. Turns out, after seeking a second opinion, she's at stage 2 of cancer. I am so, so angry that the first doctor and physio didn't pick something up! She said the first doctor rushed through his appointment - obviously they're all overworked at the moment, but even so ... I'm crossing my fingers, toes and everything else that they catch it in time. She's booked for surgery next week which is a good step forward and I really hope they get it all out. I asked my boss if we could set up a Go Fund Me for her just so she doesn't have to worry about working for the next wee while, and he said not to worry about doing that - that she'll just be paid as per usual - which is wonderful! What a lovely man.

Where I live feels very un-Christmasy, I have to say. Summer is here which is lovely, and the tourists are all arriving which has its pros and cons, but most of the retailers are grouchy. I get that it's been a tough few years and that the cost of living is ridiculous, but ... well, that's it really. Be nice to people, because you never know what they're going through or what their limit is before they break! (Directed to you, nasty woman at the supermarket).
What a horrible way to act. Problem is with her though, not you. It takes you aback a bit when it's out of nowhere and you are caught on the hop.

Best wishes to your colleague.

Here, I am fed up of an eye infection. It hurts even to blink and my eyes stream all the time, I keep getting stopped by concerned strangers and have to reassure them I'm not wailing my soul out! Chemist first thing for antibiotic eyedrops. On a vanity level I would like to wear mascara again 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So I had a call from a friend whom I work with very late last night, accusing me of all sorts! She'd had a get together last night with some work people (I wasn't invited) so they've obviously been talking about me

I now feel really anxious and don't want to go to work on Monday because I'm worried what people are saying 😭

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
During the pandemic, my in laws used to wear masks when they came to our house . I had to get them to look after the littlest while I took the other to the docs. Turns out my child has Strep A. The in laws are now saying they might have a bit of a sore throat. They knew my child was ill. I'm sure some of the prevention methods from covid could have been useful.

• Sad
  • Heart
During the pandemic, my in laws used to wear masks when they came to our house . I had to get them to look after the littlest while I took the other to the docs. Turns out my child has Strep A. The in laws are now saying they might have a bit of a sore throat. They knew my child was ill. I'm sure some of the prevention methods from covid could have been useful.
I do hope your child makes a full recovery x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I had a call from a friend whom I work with very late last night, accusing me of all sorts! She'd had a get together last night with some work people (I wasn't invited) so they've obviously been talking about me

I now feel really anxious and don't want to go to work on Monday because I'm worried what people are saying 😭
That's horrible and I really wouldn't describe that person as 'a friend'.

Given the time of night I would assume alcohol was involved. They're the ones going to be sheepish on Monday.

I don't know what kind of person you are but I'd be tempted on Monday to confront the person in the office and say 'so what were you saying about me on Friday night? ' Tackle them head on.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I do hope your child makes a full recovery x
Thank you, they are on a course of antibiotics. My little one has been to see the nurse and had their throat swabbed in case they have it too.

There are some scary articles in the news relating to cases of strep a in children today

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you, they are on a course of antibiotics. My little one has been to see the nurse and had their throat swabbed in case they have it too.

There are some scary articles in the news relating to cases of strep a in children today
It is treatable with antibiotics and it sounds like you've jumped on it right in time.

Reactions: 3
It is treatable with antibiotics and it sounds like you've jumped on it right in time.
Helps that the docs were willing to prescribe antibiotics.

I wonder if the parents of those boys in the article sought medical attention, but were told it was probably viral

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.