What do you want to rant about today? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

Reactions: 1
Fortunately we don’t have any of those American bully dogs where I live - they terrify me.
Their faces actually look evil. I’m a massive dog lover but they are just horrid (To me).
Virtually every house in my area has some variatio on a cockerpoo, cavapoo or cavashon !

Reactions: 10
I think any dog that an average sized woman can't kick to death should be banned other than for work purposes.

I know that sounds weird. But if a dog comes for my kids I need to be able to defend them. My poodle woulndt have a chance, but what can I do against a mastif.

But anyway I actually came to post my annoyance. bleeping moss. It falls off my roof. I sweep it all up off the patio, and hour later, moss everywhere. I'm fed up of having a patio covered in big yuky globs of moss.

Reactions: 8
I think any dog that an average sized woman can't kick to death should be banned other than for work purposes.

I know that sounds weird. But if a dog comes for my kids I need to be able to defend them. My poodle woulndt have a chance, but what can I do against a mastif.

But anyway I actually came to post my annoyance. bleeping moss. It falls off my roof. I sweep it all up off the patio, and hour later, moss everywhere. I'm fed up of having a patio covered in big yuky globs of moss.
The birds do that looking for insects

Reactions: 2
So I’ve just had a haircut - I showed her a picture of me with my hair just above my shoulders (was currently just below) and now I've ended up with a pixie cut at the back and long bits at the front 😭 it was all going okay when she did the back and then she just did one big swoop and cut it to the nape of my neck
I was sobbing when I left the salon, it looks like a mushroom cut. It’s so short 😭 I’m still crying now, it’s horrendous

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
On the last thread I ranted about my friend who only speaks to me when it suits and will ignore my texts for days. Well yesterday she messaged me saying she was sorry she hadn't text me back for days but she'd had a cold. Thats the third cold in two months- maybe try a different excuse? Anyway I'm not replying she's too much like hard work.

Reactions: 12
So I’ve just had a haircut - I showed her a picture of me with my hair just above my shoulders (was currently just below) and now I've ended up with a pixie cut at the back and long bits at the front 😭 it was all going okay when she did the back and then she just did one big swoop and cut it to the nape of my neck
I was sobbing when I left the salon, it looks like a mushroom cut. It’s so short 😭 I’m still crying now, it’s horrendous
Aww, I had a horrible mushroom cut few years back. Sort of use nice clips as best you can so it changes the structure, it will grow out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
On the last thread I ranted about my friend who only speaks to me when it suits and will ignore my texts for days. Well yesterday she messaged me saying she was sorry she hadn't text me back for days but she'd had a cold. Thats the third cold in two months- maybe try a different excuse? Anyway I'm not replying she's too much like hard work.
This is so similar to what I wanted to rant about 😅
I had a friend just like this who I have just cut off.
We worked together for about a year, and I recently left for a new job. We kept in touch, because we actually got on outside of work too but I started feeling like she was just answering when I was asking how her and her son were, she never reciprocated, but she was happy to ring and text late on on a Sunday evening basically telling me to ask my boyfriend who’s a dr for medical advice because she was health anxious. I checked in on her a day later to see how she was and she was like good thanks for asking, nothing else. The final straw was at a funeral of a mutual friend from work. She said we could meet up outside and go in together so I told my boyfriend it’s fine he doesn’t need to take it off work because I’d meet her. On the day she blanked my messages, left me sat alone at the funeral whilst she sat with all the people from my old office (I didn’t leave on bad terms so would’ve joined them) and messaged later saying sorry didn’t see my phone. Weird cow. Feels so much better when you stop engaging with these people

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
It’s got to the point where going out with my friends is just a pure chore and I don’t enjoy it one bit. We always have to do a bar crawl across the city cos they absolutely have to fit in as many instagrammable places as possible, so we spend the majority of the time walking for miles (in heels!) instead of actually having a drink and catching up. I end up going home sober, having spent a bleeping fortune and with blisters on the soles of my feet. Every single time 😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
UK gov. They have prioritised their own green investments over plunging millions of brits into poverty and handing over millions to China who are on course to be the world's biggest economy. Our tax money. Now they are trying to once again exert control over us threatening blackouts if we don't use our energy when they tell us :mad:
I will not willingly do anything they tell me they're crackpots. I will use the same energy I always have and when the money runs out..... What can they do 🤷‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Todays 2 for 1 water related rant...

Leaks. My house is like a colander, I swear. As soon as I fix one leak, another appears. I feel like King Canute trying to hold back the sea. Currently my shower is leaking when I use it, bathroom sink ditto, and another unidentified leak from somewhere in the other bathroom, plus 2 leaks in the kitchen when it rains, one from a Velux window and the other is anyones guess as its the middle of the floor and some distance from door, window and walls.

Then Thames Water keep writing to me to come to my house to fit a meter - and threatening to force entry to fit it. Except as I've been telling them for 10+ years, all the houses in our part of the street are on a shared supply (of 2, 3 or 4 houses) so you can't have a meter.
Apparently if they can't fit a meter (assuming they finally accept what I say about the shared supply) they'll bill me based on the size of my house. Great - so I will end up paying more than I currently do, purely because my house is bigger, than my neighbour who has a much smaller house but twice the number of people living there.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Stupid people trying to prove me wrong. Did someone a favour at work and didn't charge them for one item then they came back questioning our prices increase so I revised it and added the item so it still cost them more. They then tried to tell me that I am obligated to do something as per the form, no I am not and the form does not state such a thing. I then highlighted this to be told they 'were doing me a favour for future'. They have then come back to me citing the wrong reference in my document yet again trying to prove I am wrong when I am not. Trust me I will go back years in my emails if you try and catch me out when I know I am right.

• Heart
Since I have gotten the opportunity, the fact that I wasn't given a choice whether I wanted to be baptized into the Catholic church or not, which as a Catholic, who didn't have that choice, I consider being just another cult.

My annoying arse neighbour who is definitely a karen and cant seem to keep her nose out of anything either...

Reactions: 1
LOADS

I still have a stye and it's very sore and red

I walked for a few hours today and my feet really hurt

Missed calls from the hospital then 2 private numbers in quick succession. Didn't hear them as I was walking. Phoned the hospital back to check if my relative had gone back in, they said no-one with that surname was there but I'm not sure the bloke heard me correctly as he made me repeat it a few times. He might get cross if I call again...

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.