Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

What's your point

VIP Member
My rant is about my husband, jesus I dislike him so much.

I have vowed to myself that this is the last Christmas I will ever spend with the moody bastard.

Before I've never left because my daughter was young and I didn't want to disrupt her life and also I knew if I went back to my parents for a while I couldn't take my dog.

Well my daughter is 17 now and my dog died earlier in the year so there is absolutely no reason why I have to put up with his bollocks anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I hear you. My dad died recently and I want to lie in my bed and howl. Like you say, I have to get up, smile and do it for the kids. I WILL do it but I actually wish I could sleep for the next month.

I hope you are able to get some peace ❤
It's the first Christmas without my husband. I'm on the brink of tears all the time. I just want to crawl into a ball and hide away.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
How fing unfair life is.

My lovely next door neighbour was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, told 95% chance of full recovery. All was going as plan, scans showed everything was shrinking, in the last 6 weeks that has all changed and it is unlikely she is going to make the weekend.

She’s the same age as my mum, just retired and had inherited a large sum so they could finally enjoy life. She’s leaving behind three under 4 grandchildren.

• Sad
Reactions: 39

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
My husband is having a day out at the races with his friends, that's fine. What came to light today was the fact that he organised it all: Tickets, coach, itinerary, pre meal in a restaurant etc etc for 20 people.
The man who never organises a thing for us to do as a family and pleads ineptitude 😡.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Black.bird

VIP Member
An elderly relative has been having a go at a young family member all day - just pick, pick, pick. This young family member is carrying a lot of extra weight and has a lot of acne - just normal teenage stuff. She's also a very sensitive, so this sort of "feedback" is not a good idea! Every time the young family member went to top up her plate, or say something, this person would interrupt and get at them. The elderly relative also had a go at the young family member's mother about the "state" of their child. It's rude, unnecessary and quite frankly, disgusting behaviour that I don't believe for one moment is coming from a good place.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
An elderly relative has been having a go at a young family member all day - just pick, pick, pick. This young family member is carrying a lot of extra weight and has a lot of acne - just normal teenage stuff. She's also a very sensitive, so this sort of "feedback" is not a good idea! Every time the young family member went to top up her plate, or say something, this person would interrupt and get at them. The elderly relative also had a go at the young family member's mother about the "state" of their child. It's rude, unnecessary and quite frankly, disgusting behaviour that I don't believe for one moment is coming from a good place.
Sorry but all of the other responsible adults in the house need to give that elderly family member a serious talking to and if they continue after that, they need kicking out of the house.
No kid deserves to be made fun of for their weight or skin, especially on christmas day. That sort of thing can cause self esteem issues and eating disorders.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I’m pretty sure my husband is gaslighting me, I absolutely hate him and don’t know what to do. We have a 8 month old baby.

I have bad depression and anxiety. Been doing quite well since having my daughter as she’s given me lots of purpose and happiness. I wouldn’t change her for the world but I definitely wish I had never married him.

He goes out drinking, promises he will come home at a certain time but always stays out for 12 hours +. I’ve found him taking drugs before and don’t trust that he’s not still taking them when out. He’s actually really awful with me, tells me no one likes me, no wonder I’ve got no friends, told me I have a crap personality yesterday. I’ve very socially awkward at the best of times and he’s making me not want to go out anywhere as I’m just paranoid everyone really dislikes me.

I had a breakdown yesterday cos of how nasty he is, just told him I don’t want to be alive anymore. I hate living with him but got no where else to go and I don’t have any of my own money. He then expected me to go to his mums for dinner after all this and I stood up for myself and said I wouldn’t go play happy families because he’s just horrid to me.

Today his family are having a big get together, some are coming from far away and I’ve never met some of them. I’m shy and the thought of going would normally make me nervous, but going when he has been so horrible to me and I just want to sit and cry feels unbearable. Am I being unreasonable for not going? He says I’m really rude but I’ve always done quite a lot of his family events even though he treats me like shit.

This is basically just 1/2 days worth of shit I’ve took from him. I’m by no means perfect and do argue back but I feel like he’s destroyed me as a person. Why should I go to his family event just so he can pretend to be mr family man? He told me it is always noted how I don’t turn up to things (even though I do go to family stuff) He’s always saying everything is noted about me and how everyone else’s partners are fun and wonderful. The crap personality insult has really stuck with me as I’m very shy and awkward and I think people probably do think of me as boring but I’d never say I was rude 😢

Sorry if I’m rambling, I have quite bad mental health issues and this is just making everything unbearable. I’m sick of pretending to have a nice husband but he makes me feel ill. I’m getting to the point of wishing I wasn’t here anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

MissTeddy

VIP Member
What the F*** is wrong with the UK that people are fighting over a soft drink in Aldi ??
What is this drink ? What is so special about it? I admit I have never heard of it.
And who is allowing their young child to participate in this shit show and fight for these bottles after queuing in the cold for hours.
is this our culture now ? I despair I really do.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

masterone

I hope this isn't controversial... But children's clothing... I seen a girl around 8 years old in fish net tights, the shortest black pvc skirt, and a tiny crop top toddling into school today (Christmas party so non uniform), pvc ankle boots with a heel and a leather handbag... why can't little girls dress like little girls and not like they're grown arse women. I was not ok with this!

On this topic, I hate how Kim Kardashian dresses her kids.

Let kids be kids!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Moodles

Chatty Member
I know this sounds really pathetic but I could kick myself for being such a mug.
I met this girl through work and struck up a friendship and we often did things outside of work too with our families. I would always run errands for her, work shifts at late notice or give her a lift home from work late at night as she didn’t drive. Even when I wasn’t in work myself, I’d drag myself out to take her home. (Taxis are pretty rubbish where we live) We looked after her child on a number of occasions too when she was struggling for childcare.

The company we work for has recently been taken over and she has since left and I haven’t heard anything from her. She has now passed her driving test and I’ve seen her over the road talking to my neighbours. Not once has she knocked on my door to say hello and I’ve discovered she has now unfriended me on Facebook too. Talk about a kick in the teeth. I look back and not once did I ask her for anything or for any favours. I’m no longer any use to her so appears I’ve been dropped.
I know it’s sound really pathetic and childish but I’m so annoyed that I did so much for someone and they have the nerve to just mug me off 😡

• Sad
  • Wow

hannah123

VIP Member
People that keep asking something along the lines of “does anyone feel really ill at the moment but it’s not Covid? So confused” yes it’s a fucking cold, the same illness you were getting 3/4 times a year before covid without any confusion. Have a lemsip and shut up

• Haha
  • Wow
I just don't want to do Christmas. I don't want to have a nice day and be happy. I don't want to get out of bed. I just want to be on my own with my sadness.

But I have no choice, I have to put on a smile and do it all for the kids. Not sure it that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I could really use a day off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Poddular

VIP Member
People putting pressure on themselves at Christmas. Financially and mentally.
Never understood it and never will.

I wish more people would take a step back and ask themselves what is it all really for? And then just enjoy the downtime with family if they can, a nice meal,a few treats and a few well chosen ,inexpensive and thoughtful gifts. End of. No need to get swept up with all the rest. Less about performance, expense and expectation and more about simply enjoying the day. Its got out of hand imo .

• Heart

Tove_drew

Chatty Member
I’m pretty sure my husband is gaslighting me, I absolutely hate him and don’t know what to do. We have a 8 month old baby.

I have bad depression and anxiety. Been doing quite well since having my daughter as she’s given me lots of purpose and happiness. I wouldn’t change her for the world but I definitely wish I had never married him.

He goes out drinking, promises he will come home at a certain time but always stays out for 12 hours +. I’ve found him taking drugs before and don’t trust that he’s not still taking them when out. He’s actually really awful with me, tells me no one likes me, no wonder I’ve got no friends, told me I have a crap personality yesterday. I’ve very socially awkward at the best of times and he’s making me not want to go out anywhere as I’m just paranoid everyone really dislikes me.

I had a breakdown yesterday cos of how nasty he is, just told him I don’t want to be alive anymore. I hate living with him but got no where else to go and I don’t have any of my own money. He then expected me to go to his mums for dinner after all this and I stood up for myself and said I wouldn’t go play happy families because he’s just horrid to me.

Today his family are having a big get together, some are coming from far away and I’ve never met some of them. I’m shy and the thought of going would normally make me nervous, but going when he has been so horrible to me and I just want to sit and cry feels unbearable. Am I being unreasonable for not going? He says I’m really rude but I’ve always done quite a lot of his family events even though he treats me like shit.

This is basically just 1/2 days worth of shit I’ve took from him. I’m by no means perfect and do argue back but I feel like he’s destroyed me as a person. Why should I go to his family event just so he can pretend to be mr family man? He told me it is always noted how I don’t turn up to things (even though I do go to family stuff) He’s always saying everything is noted about me and how everyone else’s partners are fun and wonderful. The crap personality insult has really stuck with me as I’m very shy and awkward and I think people probably do think of me as boring but I’d never say I was rude 😢

Sorry if I’m rambling, I have quite bad mental health issues and this is just making everything unbearable. I’m sick of pretending to have a nice husband but he makes me feel ill. I’m getting to the point of wishing I wasn’t here anymore.
You’re being abused. I’m so sorry this is happening to you. You deserve to be treated with respect. Your child deserves to grow up feeling safe and seeing their parent being loved and respected. Only you can take the steps to leave but there are charities you can lean on for support. If it’s at the point where you don’t want to live anymore, anything you do to get away from him will only improve things.

Also you’re not boring or have a “bad personality” he’s just making these things up to push you down. I really hope you find a way out. Your husband sounds like such a prick

• Heart

What's your point

VIP Member
Thanks guys, don't get me wrong he isn't nasty or violent or anything else but he is moody and quite passive aggressive and criticises me constantly.

I'm bored of his bullshit, and have decided I would rather be single and happy than married and miserable.

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Haven’t really been on here for a few weeks. Life is so crap right now and I need to rant to strangers.

I had another bad fall the other week and ended up back in hospital. I don’t post much but some might recall that I broke my back in January. I’m back home on mega strong meds which I hate, but they work. Oxycodone helps with pain but knocks me out and I feel drunk when I wake up. That combined with diazepam for muscle spasms and I am like a zombie.

I am back with my surgeon tomorrow for results of an MRI - pre recent fall on my neck which will probably result in more surgery. The issue with my neckis probably the reason I keep falling, my reflexes and balance are all off.

Just can’t stop crying. At least 2 of my 3 cats are taking care of me! One on my lap and one on my boobs!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

masterone

This afternoon on the way back from picking up my youngest I ran over a dog. :cry:

I was doing about 15mph uphill, a woman on the pavement on the left side was walking her dog, on a very long lead, it was fairly close to her (don't leads retract?) Just as I was driving past, it bolted on to the road and came under my front passenger side tyre. I manoeuvred so that my back tyre didn't go over the poor thing, parked up and got out the car shocked and dazed. Dog whimpering on its side on the road, woman was distraught, I immediately apologized and asked if I could do anything, she just started shouting it's ok, it's ok, he's ok... Picked up the dog and off she ran down the road over the hill. I would have gone after her but she was clearly very traumatized and I had my 6 year old alone in the car. It was on the road I live on so keeps replaying in my head, what could I have done differently, what should I have done??

I feel so bad, a poor innocent animal in pain because of me, but it was just so sudden, I've been driving for over 20 years and never been through something like this before thankfully. I've reported it to the police, but couldn't even tell them what type of dog it was (don't know anything about dogs) just that it was white and mediumish in size. I feel awful. I've had to drive the kids to various meets, and classes so have been in the car ever since, every-time I hit a bump it all comes flashing back and my heart sinks. Poor dog.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Yesterday I went to York with my husband. It was absolutely freezing and in one pub the only free table was near the door. People kept going in and out and not closing it, so I got up to do it,
A gang of women turn up and stand and read the menu outside, then half of them come in, leaving the door open. I get up to close it, then one of the women come back, opens the door to talk to her mates outside, then goes back to her table, leaving the door open. She does this three times. On the fourth time, she comes back with a menu, and proceeds to stand in the open doorway showing it to the people outside who are reading the menu in the window. I’ve had enough by now, so I get up and say to her “Get out of the doorway and close the door behind you” whilst bundling her outside. She’s furious and comes back in giving it large and telling me she doesn’t like my attitude. I tell her I don’t like hers 😂
Five minutes later, the leave, closing the door behind them and apologising. Tables round about start clapping
Why are people such entitled arses ?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Hollaaa

VIP Member
I can't be arsed to do anything constructive. And later on I will moan about wasting my day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28