What do you want to rant about today? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very handy on tools and DIY stuff in general.

I agreed to 'help' a distant relative with some jobs around her house but discovered this morning that she's told the builder not to worry about coming as she'll just get me to do everything! (I only discovered that when I called him to ask when he'd like to meet on Saturday). She also left a message on my phone today to say that when I go and buy the materials to let her know, as she'd like me to use her rewards card so she gets the points. Am I suddenly expected to pay for everything now too?! :mad:

Sadly, I will be calling her tonight to pull out - it's awful feeling taken advantage of. She told me initially that she only has $500 for the whole project so I said I'd step in and help the builder to keep the costs down ... obviously she mistook my generosity for weakness.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I'm back to rant about something else.

There is a missing person from my area and the number of internet sleuths proposing that they go out searching in certain (unsafe) places and knock on peoples' doors is astounding! I posted a comment reminding people that we need to let the police do their job but we can help by keeping the case in the news, to which I received threats (not, "Who do you think you are telling us what to do?" posts - although I got those too - but very real threats).

The world really has gone completely mad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
GWR "there's been a change to your journey" email which concerned me. The change? Being 1 whole minute later home than planned.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
On the phone after a long wait to my insurer, having listened again and again to their exhortations to ‘engage with them online’. Except I’ve done that, and only got bot replies that don’t answer my (quite simple) question. Eventually ‘engaged’ with a real person who thanked me for ‘reaching out’, noticed from my record that I’d already ‘reached out’ to them four times online, and was I prepared to wait for another colleague, better qualified to answer my query, to ‘reach out’ later in the day, or could I ‘reach out’ to them again after 3pm when they are less busy? I think what she meant was I’d contacted them and she couldn’t answer my wuery so someone would call me later. When did this nonsense start and WT actual F? I most certainly have never ‘reached out’ and their reaching has been intermittent and useless. Please, please can we stop using this non-speak.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
On the phone after a long wait to my insurer, having listened again and again to their exhortations to ‘engage with them online’. Except I’ve done that, and only got bot replies that don’t answer my (quite simple) question. Eventually ‘engaged’ with a real person who thanked me for ‘reaching out’, noticed from my record that I’d already ‘reached out’ to them four times online, and was I prepared to wait for another colleague, better qualified to answer my query, to ‘reach out’ later in the day, or could I ‘reach out’ to them again after 3pm when they are less busy? I think what she meant was I’d contacted them and she couldn’t answer my wuery so someone would call me later. When did this nonsense start and WT actual F? I most certainly have never ‘reached out’ and their reaching has been intermittent and useless. Please, please can we stop using this non-speak.
Thats such bad customer service on their part!

I also hate having to use stupid bot things - just let me speak to an actual person! 😤

Reactions: 7
Constant bleeping unwanted calls all of a sudden. I block one and a similar number calls. 5 times today. I suspect my number has been sold on 🤬

Reactions: 4
Ugh, and when you call these numbers there's about 10 minutes of automated voices telling you about your choices etc etc when all you want to do is speak to a bleeping person! I get so riled up about them wasting my time. I swear they do it because they hope you'll just hang up

Reactions: 9
To be honest, it was the ‘reaching out’ woke nonsense that really made me lose it. Just such lazy communication. Arrghhhh

Reactions: 5
I'm very handy on tools and DIY stuff in general.

I agreed to 'help' a distant relative with some jobs around her house but discovered this morning that she's told the builder not to worry about coming as she'll just get me to do everything! (I only discovered that when I called him to ask when he'd like to meet on Saturday). She also left a message on my phone today to say that when I go and buy the materials to let her know, as she'd like me to use her rewards card so she gets the points. Am I suddenly expected to pay for everything now too?! :mad:

Sadly, I will be calling her tonight to pull out - it's awful feeling taken advantage of. She told me initially that she only has $500 for the whole project so I said I'd step in and help the builder to keep the costs down ... obviously she mistook my generosity for weakness.
So it turns out that my distant relative thought that I'd naturally have a lot of the stuff already required for the jobs - that I'd just have to pick up a bit of 'this and that' (for which she still wasn't intending to pay). I priced everything up today (by shopping online, adding the items to the cart and then sending her a screenshot of everything, without actually buying it), and she was horrified at the cost. I'm beginning to think she lives in fairyland, because of course it's expensive.

Reactions: 10
My partner is lovely on the whole and keeps saying I need to let him help more with the baby and toddler and to ask if I need a break. Finally got a reasonable stretch of sleep last night so when baby woke at 5.30 I asked if he could feed her. No, apparently not as he will not have time. I understand it would be a rush but why keep banging on about asking for help if, when on the rare occasion I do, it doesn't suit him so won't be happening. I won't bother next time because it annoys me more than just doing it myself from the start!

• Heart
  • Sad
How fing unfair life is.

My lovely next door neighbour was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, told 95% chance of full recovery. All was going as plan, scans showed everything was shrinking, in the last 6 weeks that has all changed and it is unlikely she is going to make the weekend.

She’s the same age as my mum, just retired and had inherited a large sum so they could finally enjoy life. She’s leaving behind three under 4 grandchildren.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
An elderly lady crashed her car infront of me today. I jumped out the car to help then 2 men eventually did as well. (Surprised how many people either just sat in their cars or turned their cars around to go another way actually) She was able to get herself out of the car so we got her out the way and sat her down, got her dog out the car, called an ambulance just for precaution as she was so badly shaken up etc etc. We were just sorting moving her car out of the way to ease traffic and some bloke came stomping over, shouted to her you alright love. Completely ignored everyone else helping. Snatched the keys out of the other man's hand and said I'm a mechanic and moved her car out of the way. I suppose the rant is him, we had it all under control and he came stomping over like an arrogant prick 10 mins after it all happened, some big I am, so that he can probably go into work and say about how he single handedly saved a woman's life.
I'm all for helping people but he could have come over and asked if there was anything he could do to help.
Hasn't really came across on here as well as i hoped but he was just a dick.

Help people, just don't be an arrogant, jumped up, peacock of a bloke.

Anyway the lady was fine, I think the car is a write off and I'm not sure if she will be allowed her licence back.

Reactions: 18
The whole new parenting thing where “Santa is watching / naughty & nice list” is now seen as a bad thing and it’s manipulation??? 😩😩😩😩 please GET A GRIP!!!! We all grew up with that, it’s in song and the movies but now these new hippie parents say it’s a bad thing and it shouldn’t be used it’s harmful bla bla bla

Reactions: 14
The whole new parenting thing where “Santa is watching / naughty & nice list” is now seen as a bad thing and it’s manipulation??? 😩😩😩😩 please GET A GRIP!!!! We all grew up with that, it’s in song and the movies but now these new hippie parents say it’s a bad thing and it shouldn’t be used it’s harmful bla bla bla
But like how kids now can’t win or lose at sports day.

There is a line of thinking that the whole Santa thing developes trust issues between parents and children .... :rolleyes:

I remember my Mum picking up the phone and asking for Santa so she could tell him I wasn't behaving. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.