What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who use filters ON THEIR KIDS and share the photos. It’s so weird toddlers with smoothing filters, eyelashes and permatan
That’s made me laugh because I’ve just seen a photo of someone I know on Insta, it’s him and his wife and they’re holding their dog between them except they’ve gone overboard on the filters and the dog looks weirdly smooth with a perfect jawline.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
People who use filters ON THEIR KIDS and share the photos. It’s so weird toddlers with smoothing filters, eyelashes and permatan
This drives me insane and think those poor kids are going to look back at photos and think their mother thought they were ugly so covered them up with random filters 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 15
oh my god, I rant about this all the time. My sister in laws do it to my son & i say do not take a photo of him with a bloody filter!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thanks for replying. I've taken them to the GP (after fighting through the phone appt system Gestapo 🙄). Tried very hard to keep my temper but the GP was lovely. Radio silence since though. 🙄
I've suggested that the person joins a support group but not sure if I'll end up frog marching them there if I find one. I just need to get them away from me for their own good, as I feel quite unbalanced with rage on their behalf! 😁
Except they seem to have blind faith in me and end up looking like a beaten puppy when I get ratty.
I hate injustice. It "boils my piss" as some Tattlers would say. 🙄
Honestly it’s really tit and there isn’t a lot out there for adults that are kind of borderline in what they can do/cope with. Ultimately all you can do is do what you are doing and if need be remove yourself for your sake. It’s hard I know. One thing that might help? Do you have a local Facebook page, like a spotted in? Where you post anonymously? You could ask if there is anything that anyone local could suggest. There may be groups/support. It takes one person to point you in the right direction.

Reactions: 4
Honestly it’s really tit and there isn’t a lot out there for adults that are kind of borderline in what they can do/cope with. Ultimately all you can do is do what you are doing and if need be remove yourself for your sake. It’s hard I know. One thing that might help? Do you have a local Facebook page, like a spotted in? Where you post anonymously? You could ask if there is anything that anyone local could suggest. There may be groups/support. It takes one person to point you in the right direction.
I'm afraid I got hacked really badly on Facebook so I'm no nolonger on there.
I'm looking into support groups as the Jobcentre haven't suggested any support up to now.
I would have thought it would be a big thing to support autistic people into work. All that brainpower going to waste 🤷‍♀️
They just seem to spiral and said person will probably end up killing themselves from all the rejection.
I just feel that they need to be sent for jobs where the employer is fully aware of their biological condition, so they can get the best out of them.
Actually now I come to think of it the person's bosses seemed to like them (as they were a grafter) but the lower grades - supervisors and some colleagues hated them, as they didn't understand them.
I'm just crossing my fingers that I can find the help. I know it's out there somewhere. 🤷‍♀️
The person is already talking of suicide as the world doesn't seem to want them even though they want the world to like them.
It's really hard to know how to answer that.

ETA. You mention Social Services but their staff did something horrific to them, so I'm not going to be looking in their direction any time soon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I love all animals but ffs these bully/greedy birds have scared off all the other little birds from my garden. Their constant Coo,coo,co,COO drives me mad along with their huge shits on everything and lame whispy flying that sounds like they’re on 50 cigs a day!
im same...love the birds that visit our garden feeders ..we get a real good variety of different birds which is lovely to see but the wood and ferel pigeons I hate with a passion! They startle the small birds with their flightiness /barge all the small birds out.of the way with their greed to gobble up any food thats on the ground and they leave huge shits everywhere.
the ferel ones seem to live on a house roof in the street that backs onto the prat a few doors along that keeps racing ones (i think they attract them)
Last summer i actually sat in the garden with super soaker and blasted them with water everytime they landed! and still the bastard things kept coming back! 🤣🤬
I just want a way to keep them away without losing the other birds 🐦

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I want to cry. I’m working at the other branch of work again today and the manager is running late, so I’ve just had a message to say to come in at 8:30 and stay until 5. Why is it my problem that your timekeeping is tit and so you can’t make it to work on time, the most basic bleeping task ever, and so I have to stay late?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I want to cry. I’m working at the other branch of work again today and the manager is running late, so I’ve just had a message to say to come in at 8:30 and stay until 5. Why is it my problem that your timekeeping is tit and so you can’t make it to work on time, the most basic bleeping task ever, and so I have to stay late?
Absolutely leave at your normal time. This is not your problem. In fact I would put in a complaint about it

Reactions: 17
My Mother—Part 2. You might have recalled in the last thread (I believe it was the last thread) that my mother assigned herself as my power of Attorney/Guardian. It gets assigned when someone is not sound-minded, so you can imagine my fury when I discovered this. I'm very much of a sound mind. Thank you very much.
I'm trying to claim ESA (employment stability allowance) as I'm on dialysis, and I'm finding it tricky to find work. I'm hoping I eventually can find some freelance work, but in the meantime, I'm claiming the benefit. I'm not proud of it, but it's a lifeline while on dialysis.
The ESA kept sending letters to my mother, as she had appointed herself my POA/Guardian, instead of me getting direct communication from them.
This pissed me off as ESA will think I'm not of sound mind when I am.
My mother swore she sorted it out, and I believed her—until ESA sent a letter this week which went to my mother. Now I'm to have an assessment at my mother's place! Why are they calling my mother's number and not on mobile (or at least my home phone)?
This makes me furious, and I'm seeing her later today and giving her the ultimate; I'm coming over to her place tomorrow—it won't be a social call—and I will sit down with her and get her on the phone to the ESA or anyone she needs to call to cancel my POA/Guardian once and for all. I don't trust her and need this sorted once and for all.
My mother is a bit like a del boy and would tell anyone who would listen to get themselves on benefits, which I just think Is the wrong thing to say as the benefit system is for people who need help. She keeps saying I should play up the fact I'm on dialysis and say I'm sick. I'm not, and I will never do that!
I can work, but I'm finding it tricky. On days I have dialysis, I'm ever so tired and breathless, so I can't work. But on days I'm not on it, I can work, but my employer will see it as a hinderance.
If there is a choice of two candidates for a job, one who was on dialysis and one was wasn't, guess who they would choose. I know it technically a grey area and should be illegal and etc, but this is what I'm finding. I talk to employer and the moment I mentioned I'm on dialysis (I always think it better to be honest and clear with someone who might employ me) they don't want to know.
Never mind the fact I'm fine; seriously, if I didn't have doctors testing my blood, I wouldn't have a clue that my kidney failed and needed dialysis. I just thank my lucky stars it was detected early enough and had common sense to get someone to look at my body when I was ill.
I can do work on my laptop while on dialysis, I typing this up on the dialysis machine now.
So getting back to the point of my mother saying I should play up to it - no I will not do that. Not in good conscience. I will be honest to the ESA people.
I let you know how I get on with my mother later on and she will try to pull out the 'I'm greieving' card. My sister died recently and while it was tragic - it wont work on me.
We all greieve, one way or another, that doesn't defer from crappy shifty behaviour.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Rude people just had a customer hand me a bottle of water to pay for so I went to take it to scan it and she grabbed it out of my hand and snapped at me I don't like people touching the lids, duck off and use the self service till then 🙄 or have some manners and talk to be politely

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I would not be doing that. Not your problem at all that they’re running late. Defo complain.

Rude people just had a customer hand me a bottle of water to pay for so I went to take it to scan it and she grabbed it out of my hand and snapped at me I don't like people touching the lids, duck off and use the self service till then 🙄 or have some manners and talk to be politely
I hate when people are so rude out of nowhere it catches me off guard totally and I don’t know what to say back. Then all the comebacks come to me when I am alone at home later thinking about it 😂😖😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Id say I was already on my way so will be working my normal hours.

Update on work situ because I feel awful - they fell down the stairs and properly hurt themselves and that's why they are late!

Luckily someone else was in at the earlier time so I will still manage to do my normal hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When people reply to me and say "hi [my name]" which is in front of them and they don't have the curtsey to spell it properly. It's not hard! A bit like being called Louisa and getting called Louise.

Reactions: 9
My Mother—Part 2. You might have recalled in the last thread (I believe it was the last thread) that my mother assigned herself as my power of Attorney/Guardian. It gets assigned when someone is not sound-minded, so you can imagine my fury when I discovered this. I'm very much of a sound mind. Thank you very much.
I'm trying to claim ESA (employment stability allowance) as I'm on dialysis, and I'm finding it tricky to find work. I'm hoping I eventually can find some freelance work, but in the meantime, I'm claiming the benefit. I'm not proud of it, but it's a lifeline while on dialysis.
The ESA kept sending letters to my mother, as she had appointed herself my POA/Guardian, instead of me getting direct communication from them.
This pissed me off as ESA will think I'm not of sound mind when I am.
My mother swore she sorted it out, and I believed her—until ESA sent a letter this week which went to my mother. Now I'm to have an assessment at my mother's place! Why are they calling my mother's number and not on mobile (or at least my home phone)?
This makes me furious, and I'm seeing her later today and giving her the ultimate; I'm coming over to her place tomorrow—it won't be a social call—and I will sit down with her and get her on the phone to the ESA or anyone she needs to call to cancel my POA/Guardian once and for all. I don't trust her and need this sorted once and for all.
My mother is a bit like a del boy and would tell anyone who would listen to get themselves on benefits, which I just think Is the wrong thing to say as the benefit system is for people who need help. She keeps saying I should play up the fact I'm on dialysis and say I'm sick. I'm not, and I will never do that!
I can work, but I'm finding it tricky. On days I have dialysis, I'm ever so tired and breathless, so I can't work. But on days I'm not on it, I can work, but my employer will see it as a hinderance.
If there is a choice of two candidates for a job, one who was on dialysis and one was wasn't, guess who they would choose. I know it technically a grey area and should be illegal and etc, but this is what I'm finding. I talk to employer and the moment I mentioned I'm on dialysis (I always think it better to be honest and clear with someone who might employ me) they don't want to know.
Never mind the fact I'm fine; seriously, if I didn't have doctors testing my blood, I wouldn't have a clue that my kidney failed and needed dialysis. I just thank my lucky stars it was detected early enough and had common sense to get someone to look at my body when I was ill.
I can do work on my laptop while on dialysis, I typing this up on the dialysis machine now.
So getting back to the point of my mother saying I should play up to it - no I will not do that. Not in good conscience. I will be honest to the ESA people.
I let you know how I get on with my mother later on and she will try to pull out the 'I'm greieving' card. My sister died recently and while it was tragic - it wont work on me.
We all greieve, one way or another, that doesn't defer from crappy shifty behaviour.
Could you possibly complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)? If you’ve asked for all details of your case to be sent to you and they’re still sending it elsewhere then they’re leaving themselves vulnerable to breaching data protection etc.
Best of luck with your ESA claim.

Could you possibly complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)? If you’ve asked for all details of your case to be sent to you and they’re still sending it elsewhere then they’re leaving themselves vulnerable to breaching data protection etc.
Best of luck with your ESA claim.
Ooh never thought of that, thank you I will look into that. Xx sorry doing this on my phone so any error, I clear up when I'm on desktop. Xx

When people reply to me and say "hi [my name]" which is in front of them and they don't have the curtsey to spell it properly. It's not hard! A bit like being called Louisa and getting called Louise.
God I get this alllllll the time - and it happens REPEATEDLY within the same chain!!! I need to start saying something because it's just rude.

For some reason I get extra mad when it's a person who also has a very unique name. I know you know how annoying it is!

First world problems but the easyJet chat to us is making me lose the will to live! I just want to amend a stupid mistake I made and they’ve asked me the to confirm the same initial details twice in 45 minutes.

I am so knackered today, I think it's probably my usual PMS type exhaustion but genuinely feel so fatigued. Falling asleep while working and can't focus. And I do have so much to do both at work and at home 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8