What do you want to rant about today? #19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

Reactions: 3
I forgot to pick up my breakfast when I left for work, and the only option near me to buy anything was Subway. It was a really disappointing breakfast and I only have myself to blame 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Multiple rant coming up :

- I'm so exhausted all the time, I don't want to work or clean or parent I just want to lie in bed and do nothing, but I can't

- my ex not paying maintenance again, but because he's self employed CMS can't take it directly from his wages (despite me being on collect and pay, a service I pay for) he owes over £2K and he's told me now they've increased the amount he needs to pay, he's just not gonna pay it. Yet he can save for a mortgage and pay for a wedding 😤

- EE took my broadband bill twice & I've apparently underpaid council tax. Two unexpected bills that have taken me right to the end of my overdraft 😢 sick of working so much and having no bloody money.

- sick of dieting and weight loss being so bloody difficult and tedious and tit

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I forgot to pick up my breakfast when I left for work, and the only option near me to buy anything was Subway. It was a really disappointing breakfast and I only have myself to blame 😞
i dropped mine taking it out of the fridge on way to work this morning! Not many places do a full fat raspberry yoghurt so i was really looking forward to eating it..could of done without cleaning floors before work too as it splattered everywhere ☹

• Sad
I want to rant along with you on this… why have they changed the sausages to the patties 😭

Reactions: 2
Multiple rant coming up :

- I'm so exhausted all the time, I don't want to work or clean or parent I just want to lie in bed and do nothing, but I can't

- my ex not paying maintenance again, but because he's self employed CMS can't take it directly from his wages (despite me being on collect and pay, a service I pay for) he owes over £2K and he's told me now they've increased the amount he needs to pay, he's just not gonna pay it. Yet he can save for a mortgage and pay for a wedding 😤

- EE took my broadband bill twice & I've apparently underpaid council tax. Two unexpected bills that have taken me right to the end of my overdraft 😢 sick of working so much and having no bloody money.

- sick of dieting and weight loss being so bloody difficult and tedious and tit
On the dieting and weight loss part - I didn’t realise how easy it is to access Ozempic/Wegovt/Mounjaro online. I thought you would need a F2F doctors appointment. You don’t, there’s dozens of websites where you just fill out a form and it gets approved by an online GP. I managed to get hold of some for my dad’s wife who lives abroad.

The weight loss injections have rave reviews online, basically you just lose like 80% of your appetite and the weight falls off. I’m not overweight but really tempted to get some to slim down a bit before Ibiza 🙈 I’ve put on a few kg recently as I cannot STOP eating toast late at night!!

Reactions: 5
Websites that don’t list their products low to high!
It's always Featured or Recommended, surely the first thing everyone does is change that to Low to High!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
-Stupid work colleagues who can't read emails or follow a simple instruction. Or who ring me when my Teams is on DND.
-Stupid drivers who don't indicate/ pull out in front of you, or don't understand how a roundabout works.
-The shitbags living in my street (latest one, just saw a bloke from down the road dump a load of his building crap in the driveway of an unoccupied house - I would lay money on him not having permission to do this)
-Myself, because I cannot complete tasks. My procrastination in every aspect of my life is off the scale. This also extends to losing weight, and the diet I've been procrastinating about starting since Jan (whilst meanwhile getting fatter and fatter)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
My son is at nursery this morning, and I’m not working. So I’ve gone off to have a breakfast on my own, it’s a large cafe and not very busy, and I’ve picked a quiet corner to sit. Only for a family with their 3 whiny children to sit RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Got a plasterer in to patch up two small walls. Knocks on the door, comes in, looks at it and is like right I’ll just pop out for the materials. I’m thinking why didn’t you come with the materials?! You’ve had this booked in for a month, I’ve sent you pictures so you know what the job is?

Off he goes.

Comes back 45 mins later when the trade builders shop is literally ten mins away.

Sits in his van outside my house having a fag for a further 30 mins.

Starts work.

He’s now having another 30 min fag break.

I’ve got an appointment at 12 so he better get the job done by then or I’ll be pissed! House stinks of his fags as well! Not impressed.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Reported two maintenance jobs that need doing in our rented house the bath needs resealing in a couple of areas and the big tree in our garden needs to be cut down
Landlord comes out says the bath is fine because it's not leaking water and he's going to come and cut the tree down himself
So I have to live with a mouldy back bath seal that looks awful and I'm sure he will make a pigs arse out of cutting the tree down 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 8
This is really pathetic, but allow me!!

I am trying really hard to save money by not buying lunches at work or takeaways. Typically, I would have a meal deal every day and a takeaway 2-3 times a week.
I am on day 11 of my no lunch streak and my bread was mouldy this morning and I didn't have time to cook pasta or anything so had no choice but to buy something.
I am so disappointed! Still on with the no takeaway streak though!

• Heart
PPl at my company take the absolute cake.. so much for being fair and inclusive.

Last Friday first thing I was meant to interview for the role I am currently doing as a temp. They sent the questions to me after COB Wed. I log in Thursday am to deal with a few things before I have to go to a funeral several hrs away. See the questions. a long list of 9 difficult questions. in the spirit of company behaviours and being a decent person not wanting to waste ppls valuable time I respond honestly that due to funeral i would not have adequate time to prep especially as interview is first thing and there may be BAU to catch up on . also dont want ppl to spend an hr with me humming and hawing where theres a lot to do etc. They cancel the interview but do not offer to reschedule despite the Hiring Manager also attending funeral the same day as mine so you'd think there would be understanding. Hiring/line manager said last weekoh we can talk about your future in the dept next week ie this week

Monday Bank Holiday , Tuesday am busy catching up, Wed hes busy prepping for his annual leave I login and am drafting a contact email to him on this discussion when I get a notification from HR that they have given the job to someone else. So looks like yet again this is offered to someone they already had in mind and advertised only as a regulated requirement.

without doxing myself again in my company there is colossal emphasis on ED&I , behaviours and codes of conduct to the extent that they are now added to performance reviews and things like if you are excelling in your role but you do not for example have the time to attend D&I initiatives or get involved in anything of that nature you will be deemed as underperforming..

So so many ppl in my company not being caring, understanding and truly inclusive and still managing to stay and pass their performance reviews

• Sad
Got a plasterer in to patch up two small walls. Knocks on the door, comes in, looks at it and is like right I’ll just pop out for the materials. I’m thinking why didn’t you come with the materials?! You’ve had this booked in for a month, I’ve sent you pictures so you know what the job is?

Off he goes.

Comes back 45 mins later when the trade builders shop is literally ten mins away.

Sits in his van outside my house having a fag for a further 30 mins.

Starts work.

He’s now having another 30 min fag break.

I’ve got an appointment at 12 so he better get the job done by then or I’ll be pissed! House stinks of his fags as well! Not impressed.
Workmen are on a different planet I think. I had some come round on the date and time as planned (8am Saturday😖) had a look at the job and said right we will have a cup of tea in the van first. They sat outside in their van for 30 min before starting. WTF 😂😖

• Wow
-Stupid work colleagues who can't read emails or follow a simple instruction. Or who ring me when my Teams is on DND.
this. also ppl who teams for stupid things.. because it dings when I am wfh I come running in thinking its something urgent and its just someone saying im going to lunch now or going on about how they love chocolate/ am planning a hike, went to a hen party at the weekend etc etc. to me if teams dings its urgent !!!

Reactions: 2
I'm sick of applying for jobs that are "ASAP start" or similar but then never hear back from the company or recruiters. At least I'd know what to fix on my CV, if that's the problem.

I need to earn my own money that doesn't involve a street corner or drugs 😒

• Heart
Being told attendance is mandatory at a work event that’s taking place out of working hours.
You don’t pay me anywhere near enough during working hours anyway; and now you want more from me during the hours you’re not paying me? 🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
PPl at my company take the absolute cake.. so much for being fair and inclusive.

Last Friday first thing I was meant to interview for the role I am currently doing as a temp. They sent the questions to me after COB Wed. I log in Thursday am to deal with a few things before I have to go to a funeral several hrs away. See the questions. a long list of 9 difficult questions. in the spirit of company behaviours and being a decent person not wanting to waste ppls valuable time I respond honestly that due to funeral i would not have adequate time to prep especially as interview is first thing and there may be BAU to catch up on . also dont want ppl to spend an hr with me humming and hawing where theres a lot to do etc. They cancel the interview but do not offer to reschedule despite the Hiring Manager also attending funeral the same day as mine so you'd think there would be understanding. Hiring/line manager said last weekoh we can talk about your future in the dept next week ie this week

Monday Bank Holiday , Tuesday am busy catching up, Wed hes busy prepping for his annual leave I login and am drafting a contact email to him on this discussion when I get a notification from HR that they have given the job to someone else. So looks like yet again this is offered to someone they already had in mind and advertised only as a regulated requirement.

without doxing myself again in my company there is colossal emphasis on ED&I , behaviours and codes of conduct to the extent that they are now added to performance reviews and things like if you are excelling in your role but you do not for example have the time to attend D&I initiatives or get involved in anything of that nature you will be deemed as underperforming..

So so many ppl in my company not being caring, understanding and truly inclusive and still managing to stay and pass their performance reviews
Did you ask for the interview to be rescheduled? If I got that email I’d assume it was you saying you didn’t want to be interviewed for the position
---
On the dieting and weight loss part - I didn’t realise how easy it is to access Ozempic/Wegovt/Mounjaro online. I thought you would need a F2F doctors appointment. You don’t, there’s dozens of websites where you just fill out a form and it gets approved by an online GP. I managed to get hold of some for my dad’s wife who lives abroad.

The weight loss injections have rave reviews online, basically you just lose like 80% of your appetite and the weight falls off. I’m not overweight but really tempted to get some to slim down a bit before Ibiza 🙈 I’ve put on a few kg recently as I cannot STOP eating toast late at night!!
Honestly don’t, not sure the side effects are worth trying to slim down for Ibiza. Plus when you stop the weight will go back on, it’s not the quick fix people think.

Reactions: 7
Did you ask for the interview to be rescheduled? If I got that email I’d assume it was you saying you didn’t want to be interviewed for the position
---

Honestly don’t, not sure the side effects are worth trying to slim down for Ibiza. Plus when you stop the weight will go back on, it’s not the quick fix people think.
Yes, not to mention that everyone buying them up for weight loss is diverting stock from people with diabetes who need them for medical reasons…

---
in my email to them I made it abundantly clear why i didnt feel prepared, why i felt at that time I'd have been wasting their time byt being unprepared and stated in at least 4 different ways that I was VERY and remained VERY interested in the role and for them not to take this as a withdrawal of my application or that I was no longer interested, asking for it to be rescheduled while fully understanding if it wasnt possible to reschedule..

IDK how else i could have made it clearer without caps red font and graphics

Reactions: 3