What do you want to rant about today? #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s such a small thing but I still have no clue what to wear tonight. I’m in that awful age where I feel like everything I try that I used to wear feels like I’m trying to look like a teenager and everything I try that’s a bit more “mature” makes me look like I’m a net of mums girly taking photos in the mirror 😭
I've been having that issue recently, so annoying, I can't seem to find anything that's in between leggings and crop tops and frumpy mumsnetter 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was in the supermarket at 7.30 this morning picking up some lunch for work and a few other bits for home. Walking down the aisle and I get a tap on the shoulder, turn to see it's one of my clients so I politely said hello then went to carry on with my shopping. He then followed me down the aisle asking for updates on his case and asking if I could e-mail something over to him. I didn't want to appear rude so I just said I'll check the file when I get to the office and explained I'm not actually starting work until late morning due to personal appointments so asked if he could send me an email for me to deal with when I'm working. Clearly that annoyed him a bit because he said "well surely you know what's going on with the file to give me an update now? What time will I hear from you?" I felt really under pressure to start discussing his file with him when I'm rushing about early morning because I have places to be! I was as polite as I possibly could be but I thought it was quite rude of him.
Oh duck that. You handled this very well (better than most people would have I imagine!). It’s just his world and you’re living it in 😂🤬
Also bet he wouldn’t have done that if you were a man.

Reactions: 9
I've just been to Lidl and just as I'd arrived a dad and his two sons walked in (around 4 and 6) and the dad went straight to the bakery section and got a chocolate brownie and a cake and gave it to his sons to eat while they walked round the shop. I met him again near the tills and he didn't pay for what his kids had eaten and just before that he was stood in an aisle telling his youngest son to quickly finish the brownie before they go up to the till 🙄
What sort of example is this idiot setting to his sons? I would always tell my two they couldn’t have anything to eat in the shops until it was paid for. Not that they ever asked as I made sure they’d eaten before we went shopping. Appalling behaviour, and not paying for anything is stealing. I despair, I really do.

Reactions: 17
What sort of example is this idiot setting to his sons? I would always tell my two they couldn’t have anything to eat in the shops until it was paid for. Not that they ever asked as I made sure they’d eaten before we went shopping. Appalling behaviour, and not paying for anything is stealing. I despair, I really do.
Back in the 90s when shopping with Dad or Both parents, I used to always have the top of the French Stick before we paid. Though we did always pay for it. Seems crazy now looking back

Reactions: 8
I’m getting so bleeping fed up with my neighbours. They’re not the full ticket as it is, and they are just so bleeping loud. I’m currently sat in silence listening to them screaming with the TV on full blast. Most mornings I’m woken up as early as 5am to them singing, or screaming “shut up” over and over again. I’m absolutely miserable in this house and honestly cannot wait to leave.

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m getting so bleeping fed up with my neighbours. They’re not the full ticket as it is, and they are just so bleeping loud. I’m currently sat in silence listening to them screaming with the TV on full blast. Most mornings I’m woken up as early as 5am to them singing, or screaming “shut up” over and over again. I’m absolutely miserable in this house and honestly cannot wait to leave.
I feel you, between the 2 local jakeballs shouting at each other across the road from their windows, a kid who screams blue murder because he doesn't want to go to school and my downstairs neighbour always arguing and reving their car at stupid hours. I know I live in a city so ofc there's going to be noise but it's so much sometimes. I want to get out the city soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Saw a few friends yesterday evening and this one particular friend keeps making offhanded comments about the little things, the latest being my bog standard Longchamps bag looking like a retired English teacher's bag (😂) and being "triggering" because her toxic ex used to use one too. She's seen me use the same bag for the past 8 years and she hasn't met this ex in like 20 years, find something new to be upset about ffs. It's not an uncommon bag, it's basic af, is she walking around traumatized because of it everyday?

It's never one comment big enough to motivate me to say something back but so many tiny ones piling up so if I react, I'll look like a crazy woman flying off the handle over someone not liking my purse or something. Tired of people.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
My husband. It takes him so long to do anything. He was bathing one of the kids , and it took an hour . The little one was kicking off and the little window of time to get them ready for bed had passed. Everyone else needs to be in the bathroom too.

Reactions: 8
Saw a few friends yesterday evening and this one particular friend keeps making offhanded comments about the little things, the latest being my bog standard Longchamps bag looking like a retired English teacher's bag (😂) and being "triggering" because her toxic ex used to use one too. She's seen me use the same bag for the past 8 years and she hasn't met this ex in like 20 years, find something new to be upset about ffs. It's not an uncommon bag, it's basic af, is she walking around traumatized because of it everyday?

It's never one comment big enough to motivate me to say something back but so many tiny ones piling up so if I react, I'll look like a crazy woman flying off the handle over someone not liking my purse or something. Tired of people.
This is not a ‘you’ problem not sure why she is trying to make it one. If she is so easily triggered by a bag she needs to see a therapist 😂

I would like to rant about the cold (weather and the snot kind) I have been quite unwell, I can’t remember the last time I felt normal. And the last time that I could breathe easily 🥹 RIP my nostrils

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Ubereats/Deliveroo mopeds. Absolute menace on the road. Watched 1 the other day cut off most of a busy roundabout by going the wrong way then cutting up the wrong side of a road.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Following on from ElleWoods i have to use my personal mobile phone for work calls/texts/whatsapp most clients who i call think nothing of ringing me anytime of day or night. 1 in particular in the. Lifetime of his claim (2 years) sent me 1182 WhatsApp messages including boxing day yet after I transferred his very considerable amount of compensation to his bank nothing not a thank you nada im so glad we’re getting a new system in where we dont need to use our phones

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
We better have a bangin summer after this!
Then everyone will moan about being too hot. Not me, cos I love the heat ☀, but the internet will be filled with people who can’t sleep, don’t want to eat, are sweating too much, can’t open their windows cos of noisy neighbours, can’t hang their washing out cos of bbq smoke, can’t buy a fan or paddling pool cos all the shops are sold out etc etc 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Then everyone will moan about being too hot. Not me, cos I love the heat ☀, but the internet will be filled with people who can’t sleep, don’t want to eat, are sweating too much, can’t open their windows cos of noisy neighbours, can’t hang their washing out cos of bbq smoke, can’t buy a fan or paddling pool cos all the shops are sold out etc etc 🤣
This is me, I am them 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Following on from ElleWoods i have to use my personal mobile phone for work calls/texts/whatsapp most clients who i call think nothing of ringing me anytime of day or night. 1 in particular in the. Lifetime of his claim (2 years) sent me 1182 WhatsApp messages including boxing day yet after I transferred his very considerable amount of compensation to his bank nothing not a thank you nada im so glad we’re getting a new system in where we dont need to use our phones
I'd have reported him for stalking

Reactions: 5
Wow absolutely not. I will not allow clients to have my personal number. If work want me to have a mobile to contact clients they will be paying for it and it will be off outside of office hours.

Reactions: 15
I'm firmly opposed to companies expecting people to use their own phones for work, it's really intrusive. I find teams/ work phones bad enough!
I do empathize with the lack of thank yous...I'll never forget one client who was offered £15k which he was about to accept. His case was passed to me and I told him this was a serious under settlement. Ended up getting him just shy of a 6 figure sum. Not even a call to say thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
That's a good thought, but no: the project recruitment only went live 2 days ago, whereas she blocked me 2 weeks ago. I've wracked my brains, and ultimately only she knows why she did it. It's just hard to survive the feeling that my best is never good enough.
Why not ask her why she blocked you, you have nothing to lose, it may be something trivial or something you are not even aw

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.