What do you want to rant about today? #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s such a small thing but I still have no clue what to wear tonight. I’m in that awful age where I feel like everything I try that I used to wear feels like I’m trying to look like a teenager and everything I try that’s a bit more “mature” makes me look like I’m a net of mums girly taking photos in the mirror 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was in the supermarket at 7.30 this morning picking up some lunch for work and a few other bits for home. Walking down the aisle and I get a tap on the shoulder, turn to see it's one of my clients so I politely said hello then went to carry on with my shopping. He then followed me down the aisle asking for updates on his case and asking if I could e-mail something over to him. I didn't want to appear rude so I just said I'll check the file when I get to the office and explained I'm not actually starting work until late morning due to personal appointments so asked if he could send me an email for me to deal with when I'm working. Clearly that annoyed him a bit because he said "well surely you know what's going on with the file to give me an update now? What time will I hear from you?" I felt really under pressure to start discussing his file with him when I'm rushing about early morning because I have places to be! I was as polite as I possibly could be but I thought it was quite rude of him.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
I was in the supermarket at 7.30 this morning picking up some lunch for work and a few other bits for home. Walking down the aisle and I get a tap on the shoulder, turn to see it's one of my clients so I politely said hello then went to carry on with my shopping. He then followed me down the aisle asking for updates on his case and asking if I could e-mail something over to him. I didn't want to appear rude so I just said I'll check the file when I get to the office and explained I'm not actually starting work until late morning due to personal appointments so asked if he could send me an email for me to deal with when I'm working. Clearly that annoyed him a bit because he said "well surely you know what's going on with the file to give me an update now? What time will I hear from you?" I felt really under pressure to start discussing his file with him when I'm rushing about early morning because I have places to be! I was as polite as I possibly could be but I thought it was quite rude of him.
What the hell is wrong with people!!

I know this is a bit different, but I remember my nail lady saying she had declined someones request for an appointment outside of her advertised working hours. She bumped into them in Tesco and the woman said to her "if all you had planned was shopping, you could have done my nails"
When did people lose the ability to be reasonable!!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
That's so rude of him.
Nowhere near as bad but when I used to be in a client handling role I often would come in on a Monday to voicemails left over the weekend (say 7pm Friday onwards) from clients who would express their disappointment I wasn't there to answer their call and discuss their case :rolleyes::rolleyes: They were also the sort of people who'd get shirty and make comments that they paid my wages - forgetting that our instructions came from their legal expenses insurers and the only 'payment' the client made was the £10-15 added to their annual insurance premium for legal cover 😂)

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I just feel like since Covid, people’s sense of entitlement has literally gone off the scale. It’s bizarre. People expect others to bend over backwards to accommodate them. We’ve seen it a lot through some recent recruitment at work. People coming in and demanding all sorts of weird and wonderful things and when they’re told no, they start kicking off. One woman even accused my colleague of lying to her to get her to take the job 🤔 this is because she’s been told she is unable to build up flexi leave and use it to take the entire 6 weeks holidays off and she would have to use AL if she wanted to have time off during the 6 week holidays so apparently she wasn’t told this at onboarding and my colleague lied to her…which shock, is a lie. Honestly some people 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 31
As if you're going to discuss someone's personal information in the supermarket.
And aside from that, he has absolutely no right to be badgering you like that. WTF!

Reactions: 21
What a head! I bet he's the sort to have made a complaint too if his confidential info got out because it was being discussed in the supermarket :rolleyes:

Reactions: 15
The way people park. Because I don't mind almost getting run over at all

• Wow
Reactions: 3
He doesn't sound like a very nice boyfriend.
He doesn't from my post but he can be a grumpy git sometimes and the most amazing person others. I can be grumpy too and we've survived 8 years together.

My boiler has broken for the 100000 time and the guy is out to fix it and asks me "where's the water tank it's usually a big green thing" umm it's right behind you! Staring him in the face.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Presuming you are a lawyer I'd be time recording that tit when I get into the office. What a bleep.

Reactions: 7
The way people park. Because I don't mind almost getting run over at all
I was driving out of my estate a few days ago and another driver was turning in. They apparently wanted to use the entrance to turn their car. Fair enough but they proceeded to remain in the entrance, blocking my view to my right. I had to actually gesture at them (politely!) to move in a bit.

I dunno, more and more people seem to think that they and only they exist and seem surprised when others appear in their world 🙄 even briefly.

Reactions: 19
The new Amy Winehouse movie. Saw it last night. Utter tripe.
Yup it really is. I've been recommending people read the book her mum wrote about her, and her friend Tyler's one. Much more accurate picture of her than this garbage movie.

Reactions: 4
I’m annoyed at how upset I am about my best friend. We tend to have a lot of the same interests (same music tastes, travelling) and do a lot of things together. I’ve booked for us to do something next month and I just don’t feel like she actually wants to do it (zero mention of it even though it’s like 3 weeks away). Meanwhile she’s off doing stuff with someone who she’s friends with from work, and almost slyly not mentioning it until it’s actually happened. That part is making me feel like tit given that when I’ve done things with a different group of pals, she’s always quick to mention how she isn’t a fan of the person I’m most friendliest with in that group.

I’ve met this friend she’s friends with at work and I don’t particularly like her (more so keep it civil cause they’re friends), but I’ve never really made a comment about it because I wouldn’t ever want her to feel awkward (I mean I felt awkward when she passive aggressively commented on someone).

It’s like I’m suddenly on the back burner, on the outside when the things she’s been doing with this other person she’d once upon a time have mentioned to me and we’d have done them. I don’t even get considered and then she’ll message saying “I’d love to go back there”…. What, with me? As a second option?

I was really looking forward to the thing we’re doing next month, I wanted to suggest we make a long weekend of it and was planning on finding a cute bnb close to where the event is happening but as I don’t feel any excitement from her I just feel like I’m gonna look a fool suggesting it or possibly she feels obliged to do it?

I’m annoyed at how in my head I am when I really I know I should just mention that it’s starting to play on my mind and get me down. I always feel like doing so is gonna play into this other persons hands and my friend will side with them basically leaving me rendered useless.

Totally tit considering I’ve known my friend for over 20 years and also even more sad that we’ve basically lived in each others pockets so long and I feel like I can’t say anything 🙃🙄

Sorry if this isn’t the best place to put this, I just need to get it off my chest somewhere lol

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Charge him for the interaction ;)

Peoples entitlement is off the scale these days. What is wrong with people?

I'd always heard death brings out the vultures, never seen it before though.

My Mum was the type who wanted you to know who would get what when she died. No will as she assumed everything would just come to me with no hassle( little wrong as probates going to take 4- Months)
There were 3 rings for specific people( which they have been given) My rant is Mum's Sister is now going round telling people that there was a agreement that she'd get the Eternity Ring. Which is 100% false as my Mum didnt leave her anything. I think its the lie that upsets me as people would think i'm keeping 'her' ring
She's also saying she's paying my food bill etc but thats a whole other rant lol

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I'd always heard death brings out the vultures, never seen it before though.

My Mum was the type who wanted you to know who would get what when she died. No will as she assumed everything would just come to me with no hassle( little wrong as probates going to take 4- Months)
There were 3 rings for specific people( which they have been given) My rant is Mum's Sister is now going round telling people that there was a agreement that she'd get the Eternity Ring. Which is 100% false as my Mum didnt leave her anything. I think its the lie that upsets me as people would think i'm keeping 'her' ring
She's also saying she's paying my food bill etc but thats a whole other rant lol
It sure does sadly. My cousins broke into the house on the pretext of looking for the will. ransacked the place and stole every single item of value/jewellery including those that didnt even belong to my late parents but items that were my own property just stored there. - pearls for my graduation, garnet cross for my 18th from Nanna, a marble heart on a chain I'd bought with my pocket money in holiday inItaly when I was 10 and even my baby ring

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Back with another driving rant. Driving in to my estate just now. Straight road, some cars parked on my side, no problem. Just as I was driving past them, a guy who had been parked in at the end of the road, and would have clearly seen me, as it's a straight road, decided to drive out at speed, and blew the horn!

FFS, first of all, I would always give way when the obstruction is my side. That's what I was taught, and it makes sense. Secondly, there was plenty of room to pass anyway. And thirdly...he was bang out of order, as he would clearly have seen me driving in and there was no need for the bully boy tactics and the speed. It was as if he waited deliberately until I was passing the parked cars, to start out.
As for the blowing of the horn, fcuk off you absolute prick.

I feel better now. 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.