What do you want to rant about today? #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This stupid weather!
I’ve got washing on the line, and it keeps stop
Starting rain! The sky is blue but also grey!
Where is the sun?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Well I bought my washing in, as it started to hail stone! Bloody blue Sky
Again!!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I sort of work in customer service and I love being super helpful to people. It’s good customer service ordinarily and if people are horrible I’m extra nice to them which sometimes winds them up more haha

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I will probably sound like a right witch here but a local woman has been in the papers lately as she is climbing Mount Everest for charity this month.

I have a bit of an interest in Everest documentaries and I know no one climbs it in March due the weather and i also saw on her own social media that she was training for it by doing a local moderately difficult walk which let's say wouldnt be what I would consider adequate Everest training so let's say I was a bit suss! 😂

I follow a few people who are guides to Everest Base Camp and it turns out she is on one of these guides trips. Complete false advertising that she plans to summit Everest. And even worse her go fund me says it is to fund her trip and for charity. She has raised a paltry amount (around 500 pounds) so none of this will be going to charity as these trips cost thousands of pounds. So people are donating to "charity" but really are funding a woman's holiday!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
The guys who are putting up scaffolding next door. They knocked on my door and asked if I would plug in what I assume is the charger for their drill for ten minutes. I agreed and he then indicated for me to make them a hot drink. Cheeky bastards. Instead of just saying ‘no’, I said that I was working which I am because I’m doing some overtime. The drilling is also causing the dog in one of the houses at the back of me to bark incessantly. Said dog barks at every noise and I need to report it to the council.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I will probably sound like a right witch here but a local woman has been in the papers lately as she is climbing Mount Everest for charity this month.

I have a bit of an interest in Everest documentaries and I know no one climbs it in March due the weather and i also saw on her own social media that she was training for it by doing a local moderately difficult walk which let's say wouldnt be what I would consider adequate Everest training so let's say I was a bit suss! 😂

I follow a few people who are guides to Everest Base Camp and it turns out she is on one of these guides trips. Complete false advertising that she plans to summit Everest. And even worse her go fund me says it is to fund her trip and for charity. She has raised a paltry amount (around 500 pounds) so none of this will be going to charity as these trips cost thousands of pounds. So people are donating to "charity" but really are funding a woman's holiday!
This whole ‘go fund me’ thing has got completely out of hand. The idea was sound in the beginning when it was to help genuine people but there are so many scammers and people jumping on the band wagon that I’m so cynical about it all

• Heart
Reactions: 27
AGRHGGHHG!

I am really struggling financially at the mo. Like, may have to hit the foodbank in the coming weeks. Today I went to the shop for two items of food, and I had enough cash to pay for one thing and enough on card to pay for the other. I've done this before and never had anyone make an issue of it. So I went up to the counter. There were 2 women in line close behind me. I said, "Can I pay for these separately please?"

And this asshole cashier said, "You want to pay for them separately? Is there a reason for that?"

I didn't think it was any of his business, so I just said "Yes."

Then he went on, "What's the reason for that?"

I was too annoyed by this stage (I have previous history with this cashier. He's an hole. Once I was crying a bit as I did my shopping, because my grandma had just died. He asked me about it, then blithely said, "Oh at least she had a good innings.")

So I just snapped and said, "I haven't got enough money in my account, thanks for asking."

But he didn't stop. He made a whole deal of scanning one thing, reading the price, getting me to pay for it on card and then he said, "See you're saying you don't know if you have enough in your account, but that's gone through."

I said, "No, I KNOW I don't have enough in my account." (All caps make it look like I raised my voice, but I didn't, it's just for emphasis.)

He said something else, but I don't remember. I just remember almost crying as I left the shop.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
AGRHGGHHG!

I am really struggling financially at the mo. Like, may have to hit the foodbank in the coming weeks. Today I went to the shop for two items of food, and I had enough cash to pay for one thing and enough on card to pay for the other. I've done this before and never had anyone make an issue of it. So I went up to the counter. There were 2 women in line close behind me. I said, "Can I pay for these separately please?"

And this asshole cashier said, "You want to pay for them separately? Is there a reason for that?"

I was too annoyed by this stage (I have previous history with this cashier. He's an hole. Once I was crying a bit as I did my shopping, because my grandma had just died. He asked me about it, then blithely said, "Oh at least she had a good innings.")

So I just snapped and said, "I haven't got enough money in my account, thanks for asking."

But he didn't stop. He made a whole deal of scanning one thing, reading the price, getting me to pay for it on card and then he said, "See you're saying you don't know if you have enough in your account, but that's gone through."

I said, "No, I KNOW I don't have enough in my account." (All caps make it look like I raised my voice, but I didn't, it's just for emphasis.)

He said something else, but I don't remember. I just remember almost crying as I left the shop.
Definitely complain. What the duck. These till assistants need to keep their noses out of everyone business. Same goes for commenting on what people are buying. Just scan and let me pay so I can leave

Reactions: 31
AGRHGGHHG!

what an arse, it’s non of his business why you want to pay separately. There’s loads of reasons non of which he needs to know about.

I would definitely think about complaining especially if he’s done it before ❤

Reactions: 14
Definitely complain. What the duck. These till assistants need to keep their noses out of everyone business. Same goes for commenting on what people are buying. Just scan and let me pay so I can leave
It’s none of their business, I’ve been in checkouts before n never questioned why someone wants to pay half n half! I’ve done shopping for a neighbour before and did the paying separately thing..people do it for many reasons. I’d definitely complain.

Reactions: 17
Actually, one slightly funny story about the same guy. He used to always comment on what I bought. Literally for years. "Oh you've got a cat? Ooh, chocolate. Got people coming over, have you?"

Then one day I just went in for a pack of sanitary towels and a huge bar of Cadbury's. I tried not to get his till, but he called me forward and we just stood in stoney silence while he scanned them.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Actually, one slightly funny story about the same guy. He used to always comment on what I bought. Literally for years. "Oh you've got a cat? Ooh, chocolate. Got people coming over, have you?"

Then one day I just went in for a pack of sanitary towels and a huge bar of Cadbury's. I tried not to get his till, but he called me forward and we just stood in stoney silence while he scanned them.
I bet it’s the Co-op. I’ve never been in one where the staff weren’t rude and making rude comments. I’ve complained in the past but not to the store to head office and in fairness they’ve always dealt with the things

Reactions: 9
I just remember almost crying as I left the shop.
Your post made me feel horrible for you. I would definitely say something, and I would never usually complain about retail staff as I’ve done it and know it’s a crap job, but his collection of comments were so personal. If it’s a chain supermarket I wouldn’t bother complaining to the shop manager, just go above them to the corporate office.

When I worked in a shop people split purchases all the time. People would have to put stuff back due to not having enough money, and people would pay with copper pennies counted out. None of my business.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I bet it’s the Co-op. I’ve never been in one where the staff weren’t rude and making rude comments. I’ve complained in the past but not to the store to head office and in fairness they’ve always dealt with the things
Co-op are the worst.

I remember I had a voucher for a free yogurt from some magazine, and I took it in all nicely cut out, and when I came to pay and handed it to the member of staff, her name was Pauline as i remember the interaction like it was yesterday, she honestly looked like I had handed her a turd.

I asked if there was a problem and she fully looked me up and down before scanning it and asking me to pay for the rest of my items. So bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
AGRHGGHHG!

In future you could say you the items you are paying cash for are for an elderly or poorly neighbour. Although it is none of the cashier's business.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone think that some people are put off complaining when stores and other places have signs dotted around saying ‘any aggression will not be tolerated’ and other words to that effect?

That simply reads to me as ‘don’t complain as you will be being aggressive’.

I’m sure some employees are bolstered by this and don’t care about the service because they know there will be no comeback.

Reactions: 10
i think there is a general lack of customer care across the board BUT also customers are absolute pricks. the attitude of some people is shocking so i do think sometimes people who work in retail are just worn down.

Reactions: 22
i think there is a general lack of customer care across the board BUT also customers are absolute pricks. the attitude of some people is shocking so i do think sometimes people who work in retail are just worn down.
Agree, it’s both. There are some proper bellend staff who make things as difficult and awkward as possible. But then I’ve also been there when customers were rude AF

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.