What do you want to rant about today? #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AGRHGGHHG!

I am really struggling financially at the mo. Like, may have to hit the foodbank in the coming weeks. Today I went to the shop for two items of food, and I had enough cash to pay for one thing and enough on card to pay for the other. I've done this before and never had anyone make an issue of it. So I went up to the counter. There were 2 women in line close behind me. I said, "Can I pay for these separately please?"

And this asshole cashier said, "You want to pay for them separately? Is there a reason for that?"

I didn't think it was any of his business, so I just said "Yes."

Then he went on, "What's the reason for that?"

I was too annoyed by this stage (I have previous history with this cashier. He's an hole. Once I was crying a bit as I did my shopping, because my grandma had just died. He asked me about it, then blithely said, "Oh at least she had a good innings.")

So I just snapped and said, "I haven't got enough money in my account, thanks for asking."

But he didn't stop. He made a whole deal of scanning one thing, reading the price, getting me to pay for it on card and then he said, "See you're saying you don't know if you have enough in your account, but that's gone through."

I said, "No, I KNOW I don't have enough in my account." (All caps make it look like I raised my voice, but I didn't, it's just for emphasis.)

He said something else, but I don't remember. I just remember almost crying as I left the shop.
100% report him. That is unacceptable. I worked in a shop for years and never even thought about why someone would be paying separate as it’s nowt to do with me.
The guy is there for however many hours a day so why would he care how many transactions he does?!

What a cock.

Reactions: 12
My MIL has text and is on her way over to see the kids. The kids have no interest in seeing her. I think I'm going to have an emergency McDonald’s I might have to leave for...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I went to my favourite bakery in the city today and got two cakes to take away, one for me and one for my partner. Just arrived home and unboxed it and she’s only put my boyfriend’s cake in the box 😭 Got charged for two 🥲 but it’s too far away to go back

My boyfriend said I can share his but it’s not really my vibe. Gutted 😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Co-op are the worst.

I remember I had a voucher for a free yogurt from some magazine, and I took it in all nicely cut out, and when I came to pay and handed it to the member of staff, her name was Pauline as i remember the interaction like it was yesterday, she honestly looked like I had handed her a turd.

I asked if there was a problem and she fully looked me up and down before scanning it and asking me to pay for the rest of my items. So bizarre.
Yeah, I always get this even though they’re trying to be nice. Bought a couple of bottles of wine and some stuff for the kids (treats/choc) and got the whole “wine and choc, you’re in for a good night 😏” I always feel awkward buying more than one bottle of wine in smaller shops because you always get the cashiers assuming it’s all for one sitting. No, I’m buying it because it’s on offer and it’s a wine that you can’t buy in all shops. I know it’s a minor grumble but I always feel like they’re judging me.

Reactions: 11
I’ve got a massive bruise on my hip at the moment from home bargains. I was walking down the aisle with just space for me, and a staff member with a trolley was coming the other way. She didn’t even attempt to slow down, and there was no way to go around me. Ran the trolley straight into me. She didn’t even comment.

I asked to see the manager … and of course it was her. She still didn’t apologise, saying “well I had to get past”.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Annoys me loads when shop staff don’t even look at you during the transaction ???? I don’t want a full conversation but at least give me some eye contact so I know you know I’m here 😂

Reactions: 9
I’ve got a massive bruise on my hip at the moment from home bargains. I was walking down the aisle with just space for me, and a staff member with a trolley was coming the other way. She didn’t even attempt to slow down, and there was no way to go around me. Ran the trolley straight into me. She didn’t even comment.

I asked to see the manager … and of course it was her. She still didn’t apologise, saying “well I had to get past”.
Get a photo of it and complain to head office. I doubt they'd take it so likely, they're that tit scared of being sued.

Reactions: 14

I agree with the poster get onto head office. It’s a major issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly

Reactions: 14
NAPS are a minefield 😫 my son is 2 and wow he just doesn’t want to sleep at all. Only had 30 min of sleep today since 7am and he’s still up 😵💫

Reactions: 2
At a food event today I waited patiently to speak to a local gin distillery representative, as I was interested in using their products. She spoke at length to the couple in front of me and then when they left she just blanked me and turned away to start dismantling cardboard boxes 🤬 Not sure why I got the cold shoulder but she just lost her company a pretty decent sale. On average we are going through 15-20 bottles of gin per week and the summer season hasn’t even begun.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Charities. I’ve got some teats leftover from when my daughter was a newborn, they’re used in special care wards and for some babies who need special teats. Rang the hospital to offer them, they directed me to a charity for mums and babies. Filled in the form over a week ago which asked what do you have, when can you drop it off etc and not heard from them, said I could drop stuff off last week on the calendar thing on the form. When I filled it in it said they would be in touch.
They’re well in date, I’m trying to do a nice thing and there’s no bloody phone number or actual address on the charity website. I don’t really want to just find one and rock up because they obviously want you to arrange a time which is fine, and I’m more than happy to go out of my way to drop them off (the woman at the hospital said they’re located in the town nearest them) but I’m so tired of having to harass people when I’m doing stuff like this.

At a food event today I waited patiently to speak to a local gin distillery representative, as I was interested in using their products. She spoke at length to the couple in front of me and then when they left she just blanked me and turned away to start dismantling cardboard boxes 🤬 Not sure why I got the cold shoulder but she just lost her company a pretty decent sale. On average we are going through 15-20 bottles of gin per week and the summer season hasn’t even begun.
Bath & West, by any chance?

Yeah, I always get this even though they’re trying to be nice. Bought a couple of bottles of wine and some stuff for the kids (treats/choc) and got the whole “wine and choc, you’re in for a good night 😏” I always feel awkward buying more than one bottle of wine in smaller shops because you always get the cashiers assuming it’s all for one sitting. No, I’m buying it because it’s on offer and it’s a wine that you can’t buy in all shops. I know it’s a minor grumble but I always feel like they’re judging me.
I take my mum to the shops and she always buys food for the local foxes. Sometimes, I feel really judged when I'm buying wine, olives, smoked salmon and posh biscuits, then she starts loading the conveyer belt with her value range sausage rolls and burgers 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There's been a big crash not far from me in which a woman and a child died.

A local reporter decided it was a good idea to take photos of the crash scene (I've not looked so not sure what they actually show) and post them online to the local newspaper website

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
This whole ‘go fund me’ thing has got completely out of hand. The idea was sound in the beginning when it was to help genuine people but there are so many scammers and people jumping on the band wagon that I’m so cynical about it all
god yes i know someone in NY.. have moaned on here before about him. every other week he has one for something or other- can't get groceries, can;t pay my rent, vets bills, having medical treatment,

how about we go fund you getting a real fecking job and paying your way in life?

Reactions: 10
god yes i know someone in NY.. have moaned on here before about him. every other week he has one for something or other- can't get groceries, can;t pay my rent, vets bills, having medical treatment,

how about we go fund you getting a real fecking job and paying your way in life?
Yes, 100 % there was a guy I followed on Twitter who used to do videos of him stroking street cats and then every other tweet would be a beg asking to be sent money on kofi because he’d been fired from his job (probably constantly late due to stroking street cats). Just grow up and look after yourself, you wee twit?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
what an arse, it’s non of his business why you want to pay separately. There’s loads of reasons non of which he needs to know about.

I would definitely think about complaining especially if he’s done it before ❤
exactly. complain! I have paid separately before when picking up things for other people. They have given me the cash to cover it say a tenner or something and Ihave bought my own shopping on my own debit card. mind his fecking own business,,

Reactions: 5
So despite First direct being owned by HSBC and me paying cash into it in the branch for years. Apparently now you can’t. So I’ve had to go to the post office where the woman on the door can’t tell me what line I need to be in so I’m now number 15 in a line to pay money in.

Nice waste of a lunch hour and £3 to park!

• Sad
  • Wow
So despite First direct being owned by HSBC and me paying cash into it in the branch for years. Apparently now you can’t. So I’ve had to go to the post office where the woman on the door can’t tell me what line I need to be in so I’m now number 15 in a line to pay money in.

Nice waste of a lunch hour and £3 to park!
Is there not one of those machines in the bank where you put the cash in an envelope and use your card to deposit it?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.