What do you want to rant about today? #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a really horrible experience when I went to collect a parcel from my local Waitrose.
When I do click and collect there I’ll go to the counter and get told I should have gone straight to the staff door, and other times I’ve gone straight to staff door and been told I should have gone to counter first.
Today I went to the staff door, the bell wasn’t working so I went back to the counter and said I’d come for a parcel.
Lady at the counter snaps “you come to me first luv”
I made what was supposed to be a jokey comment about always getting it wrong and she snapped “what do you mean? You can’t go to the staff door; the bells not working”
It went downhill from there - she was talking to me as though I’d made a personal slight on her and I ended up saying that I’d not meant to annoy her and could I have my parcel please? 😂
Came home and cried my eyes out because I clearly have no clue how to make a chatty remark to someone and must come across as a miserable moany cow. It’s not the first time I’ve made an innocent attempt at conversation and someone has been snipey back to me 😳
I was only doing someone else a favour and collecting something for them 😂
I’m quite shy really!
Doesn’t sound like it was your fault - you were just unfortunate to have got a miserable cow serving you. Honestly, people are such arses.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just had a really horrible experience when I went to collect a parcel from my local Waitrose.
When I do click and collect there I’ll go to the counter and get told I should have gone straight to the staff door, and other times I’ve gone straight to staff door and been told I should have gone to counter first.
Today I went to the staff door, the bell wasn’t working so I went back to the counter and said I’d come for a parcel.
I made what was supposed to be a jokey comment about always getting it wrong and she snapped “what do you mean? You can’t go to the staff door; the bells not working”
It went downhill from there - she was talking to me as though I’d made a personal slight on her and I ended up saying that I’d not meant to annoy her and could I have my parcel please? 😂
Came home and cried my eyes out because I clearly have no clue how to make a chatty remark to someone and must come across as a miserable moany cow. It’s not the first time I’ve made an innocent attempt at conversation and someone has been snipey back to me 😳
I’m quite shy really!
Omg please complain, I hate when people make people feel stupid or crap. I had the most frustrating run in with JL customer services a few Saturdays ago when I phoned because their shoe fitting booking system wasn’t working, so I said to the woman can I just turn up to the store (was already on my way because I’d been on hold for 30 minutes and when you have an 11 month old you can’t just dither about), and she said “you have to use the online system” I said the online system isn’t working and she was just such a computer says no pain in the arse. I got to the shop and they helped us straight away, but I told them what happened and they apologised and gave me a free tea and cake voucher and said they’d follow it up and find out what had gone wrong. Hope you feel better!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So on our road parking is on a premium but for over a decade it’s worked. Next door have a drive (we don’t) but others have a ‘space’ a system that’s always been managed after work hours. Houses on both sides of road, driveways on opposite houses to us. There’s even a little shop on the road but it’s always gone smoothly. Another empty shop has just been converted into a cafe, nobody said anything to tell us the plans. It’s just appeared. There’s no car park nearby so visitors will have to park on the street. The houses closer to the cafe have had to put signs up as their drives are getting blocked. Someone couldn’t even get out of their front door with a pram as a car was right up to it. I can see going forward as it get popular real hassles happening
*no we don’t own the road but why the duck do they build these places without thinking of infrastructure

• Sad
Reactions: 16
On 15th March I ordered a dress from Next and they charge a standard fee of £4.99 for delivery. The dress is instock.

Ive just been sat thinking about how odd it is that it hasn't arrived yet and they haven't even dispatched it yet and don't plan to do so until next week :rolleyes: why have I paid so much for such slow delivery?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m quite shy really!
I'm even more of a cow cus I'd have asked her who the hell she thinks she is speaking to me like that 😂 You are the CUSTOMER, it feels as though customer service is truly a dying art nowadays

• Heart
Reactions: 13
On 15th March I ordered a dress from Next and they charge a standard fee of £4.99 for delivery. The dress is instock.

Ive just been sat thinking about how odd it is that it hasn't arrived yet and they haven't even dispatched it yet and don't plan to do so until next week :rolleyes: why have I paid so much for such slow delivery?
Wow that's a lot. If you shop there frequently unlimited delivery is only £20 ish for the year.

Reactions: 3
Omg please complain, I hate when people make people feel stupid or crap. I had the most frustrating run in with JL customer services a few Saturdays ago when I phoned because their shoe fitting booking system wasn’t working, so I said to the woman can I just turn up to the store (was already on my way because I’d been on hold for 30 minutes and when you have an 11 month old you can’t just dither about), and she said “you have to use the online system” I said the online system isn’t working and she was just such a computer says no pain in the arse. I got to the shop and they helped us straight away, but I told them what happened and they apologised and gave me a free tea and cake voucher and said they’d follow it up and find out what had gone wrong. Hope you feel better!!
Thank you:) I’ve just submitted some feedback to Waitrose.
I feel bad about doing it, but I’m sat here feeling miserable still, and I shouldn’t feel like this just because I popped out for an errand!

• Heart
I feel bad about doing it, but I’m sat here feeling miserable still, and I shouldn’t feel like this just because I popped out for an errand!
I hate the popularisation of 'Karen' being used to deride women who stand up for themselves. I've complained about a couple of things in the last year (one of which was waiting a month for an "in stock" product to be dispatched only to be told when I enquired that they don't even sell it anymore!!! The other was that I got my nails done and they started peeling off the next day) and I hate complaining anyway, I'd rather not, but it makes it worse that most people just consider you a whiny Karen if you dare to say something is unacceptable. I always leave good feedback where it's due and I don't feel it's unfair to leave bad feedback where it's due either, as long as you're being polite about it. I saw a clip from an interview with Millie Bobby Brown where she mentioned she feels it's important to complain if something is wrong, and the interviewer (also a young woman) immediately responded: "Millie! Are you a Karen?!" 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
I hate the popularisation of 'Karen' being used to deride women who stand up for themselves. I've complained about a couple of things in the last year (one of which was waiting a month for an "in stock" product to be dispatched only to be told when I enquired that they don't even sell it anymore!!! The other was that I got my nails done and they started peeling off the next day) and I hate complaining anyway, I'd rather not, but it makes it worse that most people just consider you a whiny Karen if you dare to say something is unacceptable. I always leave good feedback where it's due and I don't feel it's unfair to leave bad feedback where it's due either, as long as you're being polite about it. I saw a clip from an interview with Millie Bobby Brown where she mentioned she feels it's important to complain if something is wrong, and the interviewer (also a young woman) immediately responded: "Millie! Are you a Karen?!" 🥴
Totally agree.

It's a horrible expression, and so dismissive of women of a certain age group, especially, imo.

I will always give good feedback where it's due. I will approach issues politely where they arise and will judge a business on how they handle them.

• Heart
My friend and I went in to M&S, we went to the cafe after shopping for a drink, the woman behind the counter was awful, so bloody rude and miserable. My friend firstly kept adding bits to the order, just to piss her off and after asked to speak to the manager 😳😂 ( she takes no prisoners). People can be awful to retail staff, but we were not. She was vile to everyone.

Reactions: 8
I feel like customer service disappeared after Corona virus ended. It's like anyone who works in retail or food just can't be bothered anymore. When I worked in a jewellery shop customer service was extremely important and it definitely has changed now. It says on job descriptions to be polite and helpful in these jobs yet they are still hired. Also when your shopping and the staff are just having their own loud conversation and laughing as if your not there is another one that grinds my gears, and that's everywhere now.
I've been browsing before in a second hand shop and the bloke who owned it shouted out to me 'SMILE!!!' 🤨😠.
I've also said hello as I enter shops just to be stared at in silence. It reminds me of the league of the gentlemen in that local shop. Are you local? We'll have no trouble here. Honestly it feels that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I feel like customer service disappeared after Corona virus ended. It's like anyone who works in retail or food just can't be bothered anymore. When I worked in a jewellery shop customer service was extremely important and it definitely has changed now. It says on job descriptions to be polite and helpful in these jobs yet they are still hired.
I've been browsing before in a second hand shop and the bloke who owned it shouted out to me 'SMILE!!!' 🤨😠.
I've also said hello as I enter shops just to be stared at in silence. It reminds me of the league of the gentlemen in that local shop. Are you local? We'll have no trouble here. Honestly it feels that way.
Your comment about the post Covid customer service reminded me that Pret once had a friendly face policy where all the staff were encouraged to be really nice and friendly to customers, now we’re lucky if they don’t trip us up on the way out and give us the finger.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow that's a lot. If you shop there frequently unlimited delivery is only £20 ish for the year.
I never tend to shop at Next but thought I'd treat myself to a sale dress. Next have a flat rate of £4.99 for the shipping, probably to get you to sign up for the scheme you mentioned :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I never tend to shop at Next but thought I'd treat myself to a sale dress. Next have a flat rate of £4.99 for the shipping, probably to get you to sign up for the scheme you mentioned :(
I only do this because it's convenient for me, but if it is convenient for you as well, you can deliver store for free and it comes the next day. It's handy because I try the items on in the changing rooms there and if they aren't right I can return in store straight away. Understand you may not have a Next close but if you do, it's a better way

Reactions: 6
Stuff in the sale always takes way longer to arrive than full price stuff. There's probably a good reason at their end, but it's frustrating as a customer.

Reactions: 5
I feel like you’ve gone off piste with the subject matter to be honest and inserted a few extra bits and pieces to the situation.

Your language is very inflammatory where it suits, ie ‘elderly, autistic but normal looking brother’ versus ‘overprotected, precious schoolgirl’.

I’ll say it again for the record to make it clear.

The bus was half empty with 20 seats available, a man CHOSE to sit next to her rather in an empty seat on his own. Why you don’t get that there is an issue with that is your problem not mine. That’s the last I’m saying on it. I know what’s right and wrong about that situation.
Who knew travelling by bus was so problematic. My view is that you don't 'own' the seats around you, just the one you're sitting on, passengers can sit wherever they want, you don't get to make your own rules up.

It's inconsiderate to take the aisle seat if the window seat is free, that is common sense as it is forcing someone to ask if they want to sit there, how pointless and unnecessary.
Anyone can feel uncomfortable if someone sits next to them, but you are safe travelling on a bus in public. 'Grown man sitting next to young female' is not the only potential risky scenario, weirdos come in all shapes and sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
meone sits next to them, but you are safe travelling on a bus in public. 'Grown man sitting next to young female' is not the only potential risky scenario, weirdos come in all shapes and sizes.
You're absolutely right - anyone who chooses to sit next to me when there are plenty of other available empty rows I would indeed deem to be a "weirdo". I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. No one is suggesting they "own" the seats on a bus, just simply creepy to me that any stranger would decide to sit so close they are touching me when there are...non touching options available.

Don't know what's so hard to grasp?

You're absolutely right - anyone who chooses to sit next to me when there are plenty of other available empty rows I would indeed deem to be a "weirdo". I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. No one is suggesting they "own" the seats on a bus, just simply creepy to me that any stranger would decide to sit so close they are touching me when there are...non touching options available.

Don't know what's so hard to grasp?
Yes, but if it bothered you so much you could just move and sit somewhere else🤷‍♀️It's kind of rude and petty but it would get the message across.

Taking the aisle seat and thinking anyone that sits next to you is creepy is a strange overreaction, most people are not that interested they are just trying to get home or go to work.
---
Says who?

Women are unfortunately raped in their homes, prisons, hospitals, parks, streets, beaches....
It is not a reason to object to someone sitting next to you on a bus.

Reactions: 4
Yes, but if it bothered you so much you could just move and sit somewhere else🤷‍♀️It's kind of rude and petty but it would get the message across.

Taking the aisle seat and thinking anyone that sits next to you is creepy is a strange overreaction, most people are not that interested they are just trying to get home or go to work.
---

tit happens. Women are unfortunately raped in their homes, prisons, hospitals, parks, streets, beaches....
It is not a reason to object to someone sitting next to you on a bus.
But what is the issue with taking the aisle seat if there are loads of other seats left?

It's like people who are so annoyed with people putting their bag on the seat next to them that they will on purpose go and ask them to move it, even if there's hardly anyone else on the bus. I had that happen before. Why make someone else's life more uncomfortable for your principle

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.