What do you want to rant about today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spoilt children my partner was going to give me £60 to get stepdaughter some more bits to open for her birthday next month. I've personally already spent £70ish on her and I know he always puts loads of money to presents at her mothers house. So its very hard to know what to buy. This morning hes taking money back because she wants a make up pamper thing for 10 of her friends somewhere. Alot more than £60. But because she's asked for it she gets it.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
When people brag about leaving their house and car unlocked as if it makes where they live a good area. I've lived in some absolute tit holes where people leave their cars unlocked so they dont get damaged by ppl looking for things to steal.

If you do get broken into and youre bragging all over social media about not locking your doors, good luck with your insurance company!

Reactions: 7
People commenting on my weight. Yes I've expressed that I wanna go on a diet but pointing out that my top is looking tight is just rude and ngl upsets me bc I really feel insecure at this weight.

I go at 10am on Sunday and it is usually ok but go an hour later and it is hell.
When I worked at Aldi people would start queuing at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. Loads of them as well all trying to get in first.
I always found Wednesday and Thursday evenings were the quietest.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I had a big birthday recently. I don't expect anything from anyone. I buy myself something to mark it. Because it was a big birthday I did receive a few cards, and a few gifts. Very much appreciated.

My mother sent an empty card. Don't get me wrong. She is under no obligation to give me anything. None whatsoever. I can't stress that enough.

But this was just her yet again, being slyly passive aggressive. She would be buying a card and putting money into it for the next door neighbours dog - slight exaggeration. And telling me about it. New babies of neighbours she barely knows. Card and gift.

But she went into a shop, bought the card specifically, and didn't stick a two quid lottery ticket into it. It was to make a point, nothing else. Once again, I stress, she is under no obligation to send me a card and definitely not a present. But this was meant to hurt.

I'm also going through a bit of ill health so maybe it hurt that bit more. I texted her to say thanks and she said oh I must get you a present another time... I said, no worries, forget about it. Cos she has no intention of it.

I don't know, genuinely don't know why I am the one that takes the brunt of her passive aggressiveness. It's like she enjoys the sneaky little comments and digs while appearing holier than thou to everyone else.

If I were to say anything in return, (I don't because nobody would believe it of her) it would be 'moi!?' type response. 'Innocent little saintly me? You must have taken me up wrong...'
And the rest of the family would side with her. So I'm between a rock and a hard place. 🤷‍♀️

Okay that's off my chest now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So potentially 🔺️ but I got a pay rise of £200 pcm before tax. After tax & UC changes it works out I'm £80pcm better off, hardly seems worth it really.

Reactions: 5
My toddler screamed in the supermarket today and a woman shouted Jesus Christ at him😡 Normally I’m an anxious wreck plying him with all sorts to make him ‘behave’ but I’ve recently come to the realisation that he’s a 19 month old toddler and not a robot. Now I feel like the anxiety of taking him anywhere has doubled

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
My toddler screamed in the supermarket today and a woman shouted Jesus Christ at him😡 Normally I’m an anxious wreck plying him with all sorts to make him ‘behave’ but I’ve recently come to the realisation that he’s a 19 month old toddler and not a robot. Now I feel like the anxiety of taking him anywhere has doubled
I have a toddler that goes around everywhere shouting like hes some kind of football hooligan just leaving the pub 🤣 he is so loud. I've had older ladies telling me I should keep him quiet on quite a few occasions 🙄 and a man who told me to put a dummy in his mouth to shut him up 😡

Don't pay them no mind toddlers make alot of noise what can you do 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When people don’t reply when you want to give them money. Contacted a dog Walker and had to chase her twice to find out how much she charges. Literally I want to give her money in exchange for a service, and she never flipping replies.
I had this with hairdressers recently. At least three didn’t get back to me

Reactions: 1
I’m sick. I hate being sick, I’ve got a temperature and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. I caught it off my daughter, she’s getting better thankfully but I’m getting sicker. I’ve got a big work meeting tomorrow morning where I have to give a load of people a bollocking, and I’m so not in the mood to hold back.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Had a renewal letter through for my car insurance. Last year £642. This year....£2112. 12 years no claims. They are taking the absolute piss and can shove it up their arse. Noone cares about repeat customers any more.

Compare the market coming in at 1200. Almost doubled ffs.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Had a renewal letter through for my car insurance. Last year £642. This year....£2112. 12 years no claims. They are taking the absolute piss and can shove it up their arse. Noone cares about repeat customers any more.

Compare the market coming in at 1200. Almost doubled ffs.
A few of us have had this, mine was coming in at £6k 🤯 got it down to £2.5k (for two cars). Pisstake

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m sick. I hate being sick, I’ve got a temperature and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. I caught it off my daughter, she’s getting better thankfully but I’m getting sicker. I’ve got a big work meeting tomorrow morning where I have to give a load of people a bollocking, and I’m so not in the mood to hold back.
Don't bother with the bollocking just give them what you have got.

For some reason, my dad has become weirdly radicalised. Very pro police, anti immigration for the first time in his life as I’ve never heard him speak like this before.

He will go to the pub all day and then come home, drink an obscene amount more and then watch the news and rant about every single thing, going off on tangents about anything that he doesn’t agree with, shouting at the TV. It’s really quite bizarre as he hasn’t ever been like this but I know it’s come from social media as he ends up watching all the anti-immigration propaganda and believes everything he sees is real, such as he’s been ranting today about “a poppy seller being swarmed by Palestinian protesters”. He just keeps repeating things along the lines of “I love this country, but someone has got to do something to get x y and z sorted”. It genuinely seems to ruin his night and I just can’t understand what’s caused him to be this way?

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.