What do you want to rant about today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sorry, that sounds really difficult 😔 I know it’s not the same but you’ll always have us on tattle ❤ it won’t always be like this, your child will get older and more independent and you’ll have more time to do things that make you happy. Is there anything we can do to help?
If influencers could be more dickheadish so there's more tattle posts to read, that would help 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve been with my other half for 19 years, and he’s always worked shifts. I think I’ve finally come to accept that I sleep better when I’m on my own in the bed. He’s a noisy and fidgety sleeper, I wake up quite easily….it’s just not a good combination. He did nights Mon-Fri this week and I’ve slept fine, last night he was there and I slept terribly 🤦🏼‍♀️ Can’t tell him tho because he’ll be sad, and there’s no alternative anyway so it’s pointless putting it out there. But it needed a rant! Also that he’s still in bed at nearly 10am because he’s as bad as the kids that live here, all of them would stay in their pits all day if they didn’t get hungry/I didn’t make them do something 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

Reactions: 9
😱😱😱 I’d have to burn my house down and run for the hills 🤣
Honestly I'm traumatised!!
They're coming from a gap between the carpet and skirting board that was there when I moved in, never had this problem until this year. Caught 2 in a trap already hope there aren't many more. I'm scared to death my dog will get hold of one.

Gonna cover up that gap so they can't get through anymore and hopefully use this as an excuse to get some underlay and a new carpet from my landlords. :LOL:

• Wow
They're coming from a gap between the carpet and skirting board that was there when I moved in, never had this problem until this year. Caught 2 in a trap already hope there aren't many more. I'm scared to death my dog will get hold of one.

Gonna cover up that gap so they can't get through anymore and hopefully use this as an excuse to get some underlay and a new carpet from my landlords. :LOL:
Fill the gap with wire wool or those metal scrubby things that are 6 for a £1 they hate metal also put a bait sachet down there

Reactions: 8
Fill the gap with wire wool or those metal scrubby things that are 6 for a £1 they hate metal also put a bait sachet down there
Ahh had no idea they hated metal I'll give this a try thank you! Hopefully will stop them coming in. I will die if I spot another. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Influencers posting about the atrocities in Gaza. Yes it's harrowing and heartbreaking but honestly hon, nobody believes you understand what's going on and it comes over so disingenuous when your plea for a ceasefire is buried among pics of you eye-f*cking yourself in the mirror and endless ads for cheap tat. It's like they have to be on the bandwagon to appear a) relevant and b) that they're a humanitarian and not a just a vacuous airhead. Honestly, it would be better if they said nothing at all as its all so fake.

Reactions: 14
when we had one in our kitchen they seem to eat through metal. it traumatised me..yeahs later only just got the flatmate to allow us to open the window. It gets v stuffy in here from ppl below having the heating on and also the electricity/boilers being near our section of the flats..

the other night he heard a noise and there was one in our kitchen bin... he took it out thank christ I slept through it..

Good luck solving your issues

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Influencers posting about the atrocities in Gaza. Yes it's harrowing and heartbreaking but honestly hon, nobody believes you understand what's going on and it comes over so disingenuous when your plea for a ceasefire is buried among pics of you eye-f*cking yourself in the mirror and endless ads for cheap tat. It's like they have to be on the bandwagon to appear a) relevant and b) that they're a humanitarian and not a just a vacuous airhead. Honestly, it would be better if they said nothing at all as its all so fake.
Related, people attacking influencers/celebs over NOT posting about it. Like why does it matter if an actor or a musician or a tiktoker posts about it or not? Maybe they are quite rightly assuming they have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation

Reactions: 12
Ahh had no idea they hated metal I'll give this a try thank you! Hopefully will stop them coming in. I will die if I spot another. 😭
Bait sachets too i live in the country in an old house and sometimes mice get in the cavities, if we find any gaps outside we put the sachets in there.

• Heart
can i second this with influencers or ppl who post content online taking a side when they have no dog in this fight? I am sick of a booktuber i follow posting pro palestinian content on her IG to be trendy and right on when as a white middle class UK person living in Europe she is not connected to this in any way. There is good and bad on both sides... nobody is fully in the right here..

I have Jewish friends, friends with links to Palestine and am taking no sides... the only content I have posted is when someone I know was trying to get out of Tel Aviv to assist them in fleeing the country

Keep your mouth shut you stupid privileged cow. Nobody is interested in what someone has to say when they live a life where they don't work and and whose routine consists of going out to eat and buying books/art/jellycat toys /clothes all the time. Also while we are at it stop calling yourself disabled when you are not. its an insult to actually disabled and smacks of the ableism you like to bang on about

Bait sachets too i live in the country in an old house and sometimes mice get in the cavities, if we find any gaps outside we put the sachets in there.
As do I. I've had the occassional field mouse/weasel in the roof spaces but once the buggers get in they're in. You'd struggle to get them out. If rats were in the house and pissing on stuff I'd be concerned.

I personally don't think I'd mind as much if they had a strong opinion or something intelligent/personal slant to share. Influencer posts on this topic are typically shallow and lacking in insight. It smacks of bandwagoning and wanting to be seen to care.

Reactions: 5
I personally don't think I'd mind as much if they had a strong opinion or something intelligent/personal slant to share. Influencer posts on this topic are typically shallow and lacking in insight. It smacks of bandwagoning and wanting to be seen to care.
yes yes Virtue signalling or saying look at me i'm trendy , political and edgy.. the one I just mentioned likes to come across as a lefty but she couldnt be more of a Tory privileged individual. There is no way she is relatable or in touch with the average person no matter how many books she reads

Definitely get the landlord to get pest control in, especially if it's rats.

As @RaveChampion said, once they're in, they're in. I thought I'd covered every possible gap and hole and bloody mice still found a way in. Wire wool definitely helps with mice, not sure about rats. They also really like chocolate so put that on any traps.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been with my other half for 19 years, and he’s always worked shifts. I think I’ve finally come to accept that I sleep better when I’m on my own in the bed. He’s a noisy and fidgety sleeper, I wake up quite easily….it’s just not a good combination. He did nights Mon-Fri this week and I’ve slept fine, last night he was there and I slept terribly 🤦🏼‍♀️ Can’t tell him tho because he’ll be sad, and there’s no alternative anyway so it’s pointless putting it out there. But it needed a rant! Also that he’s still in bed at nearly 10am because he’s as bad as the kids that live here, all of them would stay in their pits all day if they didn’t get hungry/I didn’t make them do something 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄
He will be sad, but he’ll be even sadder if you suffer ill health through lack of sleep.
Its so important for your well being to get a decent nights sleep. Me and my husband sleep apart most nights and I feel so much better for it.

• Heart
Definitely get the landlord to get pest control in, especially if it's rats.

As @RaveChampion said, once they're in, they're in. I thought I'd covered every possible gap and hole and bloody mice still found a way in. Wire wool definitely helps with mice, not sure about rats. They also really like chocolate so put that on any traps.
I definitely will, I can't cope with the idea there are rats under my floorboards. It's my idea of hell!
I've got a paste thing that attracts them to the traps, I don't fancy sharing my chocolate buttons. :LOL:
---
Thank you!
Some great tips here but I'll still be onto the landlord asap because I don't feel equipped to deal with potentially a LOT of rats under my floorboards.
I do hate the idea of killing them though as well. 😭 I want them to live, just not in my house.

• Heart
ALDI being sooo busy on a Sunday. What a disaster. Only wanted a few things I will not be going at this time again 😡😡😡 I couldn’t even park so had to go elsewhere 😠

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.