What are you watching right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been watching the Netflix Yorkshire Ripper limited series today. Really good and I’ve watched/read a lot about this case over the years.

Nothing will ever stop me being so angry at the way the police force and media described those women. 😡😡😡 A “prostitute” didn’t die: a WOMAN died. A mother died. A sister. Daughter. Partner. Friend. Granddaughter.

Boils my piss the way the media/police drive the narrative of “they were wicked women who deserved what they got” 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am also watching the Ripper documentary on Netflix, it’s very good and I remember those events so well.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been watching the Netflix Yorkshire Ripper limited series today. Really good and I’ve watched/read a lot about this case over the years.

Nothing will ever stop me being so angry at the way the police force and media described those women. 😡😡😡 A “prostitute” didn’t die: a WOMAN died. A mother died. A sister. Daughter. Partner. Friend. Granddaughter.

Boils my piss the way the media/police drive the narrative of “they were wicked women who deserved what they got” 😡
Absolutely awful, and when he murdered a lady who wasn't a sex worker she was described by the media as 'his first INNOCENT victim'

Exactly what was it that all of his other victims were 'guilty' of? :mad:

Reactions: 2

Is this different to the one that was on terrestrial tv recently? I think it was on the BBC.

I'm watching Reign (my guilty pleasure - I studied History at uni and pick it apart with a fine tooth comb. No accuracy, but the dresses are amazing). A bit late to the game but I'm going to watch His Dark Materials and The Queen's Gambit once I'm finished, and I'm also really looking forward to Bridgerton and the new series of Call the Midwife.

Criminal minds season 5! I am addicted but my OH can't stand it. Also often too gruesome to watch around my son. So sadly I'm having to watch it late at night or early in the morning alone. :rolleyes: :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Absolutely . Have you read The Five by Hallie Rubenhold? Great book and fascinating social history, she fleshes out the lives of the original Ripper’s victims who at the time were given barely any dignity in the press. How sad that it was still happening in the late 20th century.

Despicable Me, I’m watching it in bed with coffee because I have adult children doing their own thing 😁, I feel quite decadent.

Watching Killing Eve first series for the umpteenth time, love Jodie Comer, her facial expressions are priceless ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.