Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meh

Chatty Member
I’ve been watching the Netflix Yorkshire Ripper limited series today. Really good and I’ve watched/read a lot about this case over the years.

Nothing will ever stop me being so angry at the way the police force and media described those women. 😡😡😡 A “prostitute” didn’t die: a WOMAN died. A mother died. A sister. Daughter. Partner. Friend. Granddaughter.

Boils my piss the way the media/police drive the narrative of “they were wicked women who deserved what they got” 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I watched all of Night Stalker the other day. It was gruesome. The police investigating were really affected by it. Their stories were interesting and heartbreaking.

Reactions: 7

emm

VIP Member
I watched all of Night Stalker the other day. It was gruesome. The police investigating were really affected by it. Their stories were interesting and heartbreaking.
yeah same, gave me awful nightmares, I cannot imagine what it was like to be living there around that time. It shocked me so much how many people didn't bother locking their doors!

Reactions: 6

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
I have watched a lot of clocking off, an old bbc drama series on britbox. It has so many familiar faces in it

Reactions: 6

nbt

VIP Member
To the Wentworth fans on here... I’ve persuaded my other half to watch it so we’ve started again from S1. I cried during the first three episodes because it was explaining the back stories of the characters and watching it again, knowing them already just makes it so much better!

We watched 6 episodes in a night the other day. It’s just bloody brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Fanaff

VIP Member
I started Vanderpump Rules to have background noise whilst I worked...it is beyond trashy and a proper awful American reality tv show. Safe to say, I’m obsessed and watch it even when I’m not working 🤣

Curly Top

VIP Member
I've just finished the first series of Lenox Hill on Netflix. It follows the lives of four doctors working in a hospital in New York - two are male neurosurgeons and two are black, pregnant female doctors. All fascinating and charismatic characters. Some very interesting cases - many brain tumours and live births - you get to see as much of the patients as the doctors. The care the patients received was incredible and sometimes the doctors operated for free if the patient had no insurance. Very heartwarming.
A final episode was made after the series ended on the pandemic. OMG. It was very moving seeing these clever and authoritative doctors completely poleaxed by what they experienced in the early days of Covid. Absolutely brilliant viewing and I'm still thinking about it.

Lanalocksley

Glee, don't judge me I never got to watch all of it when it first came out as clubbing and boys were more fun. Now I am a frumpy mum I am rewatching 😂