Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I've got 2 spaniels and I'm terrified of them being stolen. I have a baby monitor in the kitchen as it's the other end of the house to our bedroom and often lie awake listening out........ bastard hubby won't let them sleep upstairs. I honestly think I'd go mad if it ever happened and literally never leave them unless I can't manage not to. They come to work with me, and are never less than a few metres from my side 24/7.

Having worked in care, I'm terrified of a medical incident that leaves you either paralysed or unable to self care. I'd rather be dead. Dying doesn't scare me at all.

Reactions: 1

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Every now and then I get really scared that we will get evicted from our rented house, there’s no reason for this, it’s just something that pops into my head occasionally. We’ve lived here a few years and the landlord has kept our rent the same since we moved in. Looking at rental prices now is shocking, we’d have to move to a totally different area if we were to get kicked out, move our kids to a different school etc. I’d be devastated. It’s fine moving areas if you’re doing it through choice but I feel like we’ve made a life here and would hate to have it taken away. Thems the breaks when you’re stuck renting I guess.

KB2611

I actually have a horrifying fear of stairs with gaps in. I literally picture myself slipping and my foot being stuck and amputated.
It literally horrifies me. Why can’t people just make a solid staircase FFS.

Wasps. Life ruining fear of the blighters. Have managed to work up to not freaking when I see a bee, I’ll let them do their thing. However, a wasp and I start hyperventilating, sweating, palms going clammy etc. Just cannot take them. In honesty, I would rather have multiple spiders ON me than a wasp near me.
This also, Wasps honestly horrify me. I also have an anxiety / panic attack. I locked myself in my bedroom and called my mam to come to my house and get rid. Happy adulting! But yes, the hyper ventilating, the heart race, the sweaty palms I just can’t cope. I was always told dont move they won’t sting you! Lies! They will sting because they’re dickheads with wings with no actual purpose! I’ve been stung 4 times for just going about my business. I hate them!

User name taken

VIP Member
Anything bad happening to one of my boys. My eldest has his driving test next week and if he passes I know I will be telling him to text me when he drives somewhere to let me know he got there ok and I know he'll forget to do it😬I just wish he was little again.

Gossgirl12

Chatty Member
Another to add:

Moths - I dread the summer because I like to have my window open. I'm petrified. I'm newly single, my ex has gone so I've even panicked about how I'll get it out of the house now that he's not here 😂

Great white sharks and the sea - This stems from watching Jaws when I was a child. I went on a ferry once & stayed downstairs the entire time. I've always said if I ever ended up stuck in the ocean (though I doubt that would happen), I feel like I'd have to let myself drown rather than try to swim to safety. The fear would kill me first.

yepyep

Losing my family or my partner
Being cheated on
Cancer
Spiders. Hate them even small ones, can't look at pictures of them. I find upsetting and scary genuinely panic lol

Tricham

Chatty Member
Another thing I'm terrified of is giving birth. Since I was a little girl I've wanted to be a mum and still hope one day I will be (seriously thinking about it this year!) but the birth part does scare me :D

• Heart

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life completeView attachment 526253

love you my little gorgeous dude, you’re the reason I’m here

Nothing odd about this post. I feel the exact same about my buddy. Dogs are the greatest companions and I truly wish there were more people like you in this world who loved and respected them and I wish they had more time with us. Breaks my heart thinking of their lifespans. Your photo is sweet 🥰

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
Living with debilitating anxiety, I feel like almost everything scares me at this point... which I’ve never actually said before... If I had to use a blanket term to explain many of my fears though, I guess it revolves around death.

It doesn’t matter if it’s my own, my family’s, my partners, the fact that it’s the end of it all haunts me everyday.

Like this world has existed for millions of years before me, sure, but the fact that time just goes on? It terrifies me. I can’t really articulate it so I hope some others understand where I’m coming from. Like I’m dead and my family pass away and that’s just... it?... the eternal aspect of that just messes with me.

I asked my partner what he thought of it and he said along the lines of “well I don’t really mind, I have my life here, with my family and career and I love it.. when the time comes it just happens”

During this, I’m like “well that’s fine and dandy but what about the after. Those hundreds, thousands of years later, you’re just unaware?? But he told me he didn’t mind because everyone that surrounds him, are also only here for a certain amount of time.

I don’t know, this is a very long winded way to say that my greatest fear in life is not only death, but the extremely long period that follows it. The endless period of nothing. That’s absolutely terrifying.
I get this 100%. I have always had a fear of death and dying whether that’s me or family. Sometimes even watching something from childhood makes me upset because we all had longer to live back then if that makes sense. Anyway my main fear for myself was cancer. It really took over my thoughts and I couldn’t sleep through worry. But I went on antidepressants and it has actually really really helped numb all of that worry for me. I can sleep and not spend so much time worrying.

Catgirl57

It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life completeView attachment 526253

love you my little gorgeous dude, you’re the reason I’m here
He is so adorable

LadyTonya

Facing the eventuality of losing close family members and the grief afterwards. I am very fortunate to have my parents and siblings alive and healthy and living within 50km of my little family and we are all close.
anything happening to my husband and two girls. My family are my world.

I have a small but close group of friends and i am so grateful for them, i have been burned with friendships before and quite recently been ignored by someone who was a friend through work and we became close. i thought she would be a friend for life but how wrong i was. That hurts but makes me close ranks and realise i am probably not at a stage in life to make anymore deep friendships and i want to hold the few friends i have close and am scared of anything happening to them

btw

- loosing someone or cancer in my immediate family / my child. I’ve never experienced a close death so I’m scared the day I do as I don’t know how I’d cope with it.
- spiders. Completely irrational😂
- trying new foods. Force fed as a child so now have a big issue with food textures, can’t try new foods and I’m a fussy eater
- wasps. Firemen in primary school let us try the hose against a fence, there was a wasps next so a bunch of us got stung a few times so now I’m panicky around them