What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moroccan meatballs and cous cous. Never done it before - so might end up with chicken nuggets and chips... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Beef brisket, been slow cooking in the oven since early this morning. It yields the most amazing gravy. I could drink it in a mug.
Serving with roast potatoes, cauli cheese, green beans and carrots. It ain’t Sunday in our house without a roast dinner.

We got a takeaway curry tonight. Eldest said she felt like a chicken curry so decided to treat ourselves. We really need to brave going to a supermarket again 🙁
Gave up on supermarkets 3/4 weeks ago. The stressy people stress me out. I have done a couple of click and collects but found a local fruit/veg/meat delivery so have been doing that too. I’m probably spending a bit more but I can’t be dealing with the lack of ordered non order?!

Reactions: 2
Beef brisket, been slow cooking in the oven since early this morning. It yields the most amazing gravy. I could drink it in a mug.
Serving with roast potatoes, cauli cheese, green beans and carrots. It ain’t Sunday in our house without a roast dinner.

Gave up on supermarkets 3/4 weeks ago. The stressy people stress me out. I have done a couple of click and collects but found a local fruit/veg/meat delivery so have been doing that too. I’m probably spending a bit more but I can’t be dealing with the lack of ordered non order?!
Or dip a slice of bread and butter in it.

Reactions: 2

Sounds amazing, could you post details of how you prepare it please?

Sounds amazing, could you post details of how you prepare it please?
Seal the beef in oil, season first, remove and to the beefy oil add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, flour and port (or red wine and any root veg you have) scorch all that over a high heat, add a pint of beef stock and then put the beef back in with couple of bay leaves. Cook slowly (I do in casserole pot in oven at about 100-120 degrees c) for about 8 hours.
Lift beef out and blend the liquid, add lemon juice, red wine vinegar/white wine vinegar or even dash of malt, salt, pepper simmer liquid until you get a thick gravy.
I do the same with lamb too but add anchovies to the stock.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
is anyone else just so sick of cooking? 😆
I swear all my kids do is eat. "I'm hungry." "What's for lunch?" "What's for dinner?" "I don't like that." "What's for pudding?" "Can I have a snack?" "What are YOU eating? Can I have some?"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Chicken enchiladas with fries.
Won’t bore you with another photo as I’ve shown it before. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Seal the beef in oil, season first, remove and to the beefy oil add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, flour and port (or red wine and any root veg you have) scorch all that over a high heat, add a pint of beef stock and then put the beef back in with couple of bay leaves. Cook slowly (I do in casserole pot in oven at about 100-120 degrees c) for about 8 hours.
Lift beef out and blend the liquid, add lemon juice, red wine vinegar/white wine vinegar or even dash of malt, salt, pepper simmer liquid until you get a thick gravy.
I do the same with lamb too but add anchovies to the stock.
We need a salivating emoji reaction option!!

We had salad bits tonight with I made Scottish by serving with oven French fries in a sharing bowl 😉😉

Reactions: 3
I had all good intentions to do a roast but in the end couldn’t be arsed so did tinned hotdogs in rolls 😂 my 4yo son was overjoyed however!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We are making pizzas later, bread dough now proving.
Had a bit of a baking day today - I made custard creams, then a quiche, then 4 orange curd tarts with the left over pastry.
Mmmm.
Now out of bread flour. :(

B637AA15-CB2F-4E2A-9A28-B55481F04FCC.jpeg DF216345-F768-4351-9B5D-097F34CB971C.jpeg 10853DDF-8CEE-4E52-B3A9-6D1D5F4656BB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.