What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For 3 people I done
500g of 00 flour (I got mine from shipton mill)
10g yeast
Sprinkle of Sugar
300ml of water (plus more of you need it)
10g ish of salt ( I use cornish sea salt)
10g (1tbsp) of olive oil.
So funny its exactly the same as the recipe as I used tho I didn't prove the yeast as I used instant yeast but it didn't rise as well as last time i proved my yeast for my naan bread. I'll be doing it next time. And i also split it in 2 instead of 3 which made it thicker, I said I'd split it into 3 the next time. I think this recipe is one for the cookbook to keep enjoying

Reactions: 1
So funny its exactly the same as the recipe as I used tho I didn't prove the yeast as I used instant yeast but it didn't rise as well as last time i proved my yeast for my naan bread. I'll be doing it next time. And i also split it in 2 instead of 3 which made it thicker, I said I'd split it into 3 the next time. I think this recipe is one for the cookbook to keep enjoying
I use instant yeast too. I just don't get on if I chuck it into the flour. So I always let it bloom before I use it. Even when I've made an enriched dough, i subtract 2tbsp of milk and bloom the yeast in sweet water. I've only started getting into baking since lockdown, so I've wasted so much yeast.

Reactions: 1
We had a little bbq in the garden, hotdogs and bbq pork and homemade lemon drizzle cake for pud.

Reactions: 4
We have a Chinese ready meal box kit from Asda. Other supermarkets are available 😉

• Haha
We got a takeaway curry tonight. Eldest said she felt like a chicken curry so decided to treat ourselves. We really need to brave going to a supermarket again 🙁

Last edited:
We had (The Black Farmer) sausages and mash with fried onions, cauliflower and broccoli covered in onion gravy, I didn’t have the mash though.

Dessert was a banana and Greek yogurt.

Reactions: 2
is anyone else just so sick of cooking? 😆
I’m not sick of cooking, I’m sick of thinking what to cook, never cooked so much in my life, everything in our household now revolves around “what are we going to have” for breakfast, lunch and dinner.😳😁 🍳🥪🍲

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We had salt and pepper chicken and chips. With curry sauce. Hubby said it was better than the take away version - so I’ll take that!

Reactions: 3
When I was young, my parents and my uncle and aunt bought an 8 birth caravan, 4 adults and 5 children, 2 girls shared the bottom bunk, this was in the 70’s and 80’s, we somehow managed to survive all those years without a argument between us.

What I loved about it was the typical 1970’s food.

So tomorrow I’m going to honour one of our ”caravan teas” it will consist of tin corn beef, tin potatoes and a tin of beans, followed by ”afters” this will be tinned fruit with tin evaporated milk, funnily enough I’m looking forward to this, ah the happy memories of that fab time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Baked salmon with a parmesan crust, new potatoes and some mixed veg. This is delish even though I cheated with shop bought breadcrumbs.

I also baked a banana bread and a vanilla sponge. Not sure what came over me today 😀

Reactions: 3
Chicken shawarma on naan with tahini, yoghurt and pomegranate seeds, red onion soaked in lime juice, lots of chilli and fresh coriander

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.