What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re going out tonight to a local restaurant to celebrate my sons first birthday ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Chicken roast today. Tomorrow will be fish finger tacos I found the recipe on the Tesco website. :)

Reactions: 3
Chicken fajitas, made using the Gousto box. Our first week using them this week and whilst I was very sceptical about giving it a go, I am actually loving it. Just don’t tell my other half he was right!! (well so far.....anyway) 😂

Reactions: 2

Just made this, still needs to be cooked properly later. Actually made it bigger than the recipe in the hope of leftovers. Carnivorous husband requires meat, so will cook him some chicken as well.

Reactions: 3
My husband is cooking roast pork with all the gubbins. Hopefully it won’t be too long as I’m bloody starving!

Reactions: 1
Chicken roast today. Tomorrow will be fish finger tacos I found the recipe on the Tesco website. :)
I had a look at that recipe. I suggest you make a Crema using a mix of sour cream and mayo, lime juice and can add hot sauce to taste. Instead of lettuce you could try shredded white cabbage. There are quite a few fish taco recipes on the web that give a Crema recipe, but the essential ingredients are lime juice, mayo and sour cream. I would also use soft tortillas and not the crispy ones. Sainsbury’s sells Old El Paso the small corn tortillas which I’ve used before. I’ve just checked and they now have their own brand corn tortillas for £1. Asda was showing similar tortillas.

Last edited:
I had a look at that recipe. I suggest you make a Crema using a mix of sour cream and mayo, lime juice and can add hot sauce to taste. Instead of lettuce you could try shredded white cabbage. There are quite a few fish taco recipes on the web that give a Crema recipe, but the essential ingredients are lime juice, mayo and sour cream. I would also use soft tortillas and not the crispy ones. Sainsbury’s sells Old El Paso the small corn tortillas which I’ve used before. I’ve just checked and they now have their own brand corn tortillas for £1. Asda was showing similar tortillas.
You were right I used the soft tortillas and they were much better then the crispy ones. (y)
Today I had a chicken sunday roast.😋

Doing cottage pie tonight but 2x versions 😂 one with beef mince and white potatoes for my other half and one with vegan mince and sweet potato for me! It’s all fun and games here!

edit: just reading that makes me feel tired so duck it I’m gonna have normal taters too haha

I've eaten crappy stuff today. I begin clean eating tomorrow so making the most of it lol. So rubbish. A pork pie was involved 😂😋

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.