What are you cooking for dinner? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chakalaka, boerewors, biltong, pap and a curry of some description probably . Due to have a BBQ party in a couple hours but the weather isn't looking great :(

translations please.
They're all mostly South African dishes (where I am now currently living):-
Chakalaka is a South African vegetable relish, usually spicy
Boerewors is a predominantly spicy beef sausage
biltong is a combination of dried cured meats
Pap, is just a porridge variation for those who don't have big BBQ appetites

Reactions: 6
They're all mostly South African dishes (where I am now currently living):-
Chakalaka is a South African vegetable relish, usually spicy
Boerewors is a predominantly spicy beef sausage
biltong is a combination of dried cured meats
Pap, is just a porridge variation for those who don't have big BBQ appetites
I like the sound of chakalaka. About to go google a recipe!

Reactions: 1
After all this talk about no lettuce in shops,I really fancy a cheese, lettuce n salad cream sandwich, with a packet of crisps on the side :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Chicken and rice :)

ETA- chicken was very dry. A bit of a grim meal really 😂 might be some marmite on toast as a snack later on 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
A bean chilli with rice. A friend told me to add a teaspoon or 2 of chipotle paste to chilli con carne to get that smoky flavour. It makes such a difference to the taste 😋

tonight was a homemade sort of 'burek' pie thing - a mix of goat feta and fresh cheese and an egg wrapped in rice paper with some olive oil on top and sesame seeds - yummy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.