What are you cooking for dinner? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cheap pepperoni pizzas from Aldi pimped up with extra mozzarella, onions and jalapeños, chicken wings and a few cocktails

Reactions: 2
Nando’s takeaway for the first time since lockdown! (Beanie pitta, and peri chips, medium) was amazing

Reactions: 3
The wife is on duty so I've boiled ham to have with gratin potatoes and salad.

Heres something to think about...buy and food slicer and a vacuum packer machine which for both can be as low as £60. The ham today weighed over 2Kg so, boiled and allowed to cool in the water (stops the ham shrinking) then chilled in the fridge for a few hours. I sliced the whole joint and have vac packed a lot, most are 4 - 6 slices and these will stay good in a fridge for a couple of weeks or pop them in the freezer.

Do the maths, pre sliced ham from Tesco etc will cost even for the crap stuff £10 a kilo, for really good quality ham (like home boiled gammon ham) your looking at £15++ a kilo so your vacuum packer and slicer will pay for itself in no time, remember you can slice and pack any meat and you'll save a lot of money over buying pre-packed and you'll have good quality meat. You can get a slicer for £30 in Argos https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7078372?clickSR=slp:term:food slicer:1:5:1 and ebay is full of vac pack machines. When you get addicted to vac packing stuff you'll need a dehydrator (again from about £30) for drying fruit for snacks, mushrooms, veg etc...great fun :)

Do you have dogs and cats as dehydrators are good for making them treats too?

Well come on fess up what did you have?
Hha! Just noticed this reply.

Didn't have anything fancy.Bf and I shared some:

chicken fried rice
Chips
Curry sauce with onions
Prawn crackers

A plate of very unhealthy brown. It was amazing though; first Chinese in yonks. Hit the spot.

Reactions: 5
Ciabatta stuffed with grilled vegetables, olive oil and basil.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
King Prawn stir fry with Jasmine rice. And a glass of chilled white.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yesterday I had bbq steak with salad and chicken wings
Today got roast beef with cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, cabbage, mash, honey carrots and parsnips and maybe stuffing if I remember it 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Chicken, pesto & pasta bake with some cheese on the top, garlic flat breads, salad. I’m starving.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.