What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might turn your stomach but my mums friend used to care for an elderly neighbour in her spare time - taking him food and shopping etc. One Christmas he gave her some sort of nuts. It’s only later that she realised he had sucked all of the chocolate off them 😳
A friend of my mums had a granny who always gave her a little handful of nuts when she went to visit. Years later granny said she was always glad mums friend liked the nuts as she didn’t like to just throw them away. Turned out she couldn’t eat them as they got under her denture so she sucked the chocolate off and saved them for her!

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
A friend of my mums had a granny who always gave her a little handful of nuts when she went to visit. Years later granny said she was always glad mums friend liked the nuts as she didn’t like to just throw them away. Turned out she couldn’t eat them as they got under her denture so she sucked the chocolate off and saved them for her!
I'm pretty sure this is an old joke, can't quite believe so many people would know someone who did that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My kids are like little elderly people. Their favourite sweets are Parma violets 🤢.
Someone gave me a great big tube of them as a gift.
Kids was buzzing.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I once got a Boots gift set from a colleague, who later told me she got it from a car boot sale. On the back it listed the 10 items that were meant to be inside, 7 of them were missing and the rest had been opened and used! 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Ive just been given an Oven glove by my neighbour. It was carefully wrapped with a gift tag.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
So not exactly a weird gift more of a weird situation.

A few weeks back I was out Christmas shopping with my sister and she said she was going to get me a present. Not a Christmas present just a present for now (i’d helped her out with something but told her she didn’t need to but she insisted) said she wanted to get me one of those shortbread tins from M&S. so that was really thoughtful. I love shortbread.
So we go in and I saw that light projector one and it looked really nice. On the way to the till and my sister spots a different tin. Bigger but just a plain tin and says that because there’s more biscuits in the plain tin, her husband would probably like that better. And I’m standing there wondering why her husband’s opinion is such a big factor in my present.
So she’s picks that one up, pays for it and then puts it into a carrier bag. And that’s the last I ever saw of it.
Now I’m wondering did my present just get given away to someone better? 🤷‍♀️ Why not just say you wanted to buy your husband a tin? Where did I come in to it?

So yeah. Can’t say it’s the worst present I’ve received because I didn’t even receive it 🤦‍♀️😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I lived in the Middle East years ago,so had quite a bit of money to spend on presents. My BF at the time, who I adored was gawjuss and thinkng that he felt the same way as me, I went all out for Christmas gifts.

I'm not making this up but I gave him
A tag heur watch ( really popular back in the 1990's)
Diving Lessons in Sharm el Sheikh - with a three night stay in a Hotel ( I got concessions for this but still)
Various sundries like chinos, shoes and a jacket he wanted for ages and a few cd's thrown in for good measure.

On Christmas day when we exchanged presents, I got:
A giant Duty free toblerone and a game of twister.
To add to my despair and lump in my throat, he presented me with a bottle of Elizabeth Arden5th Avenue perfume🤮 that his mum won in the Golf Club.

I was gutted. 😭 When I made it known I was disappointed, he proceeded to tell me he wasn't raised in a family that were 'into Christmas pressies'..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Gosh @Scarlett O' Hara how much did you spend? 😱. Absolute thousands.
Way too much and I'm so ASHAMED when I think back on it .😠 but to put it in context we were both based in the M East so he didn't have to travel from London and the watch was not the most expensive one....still too bl**dy much in fairness.

The clothes cost a fortune though..he was so vain.

Now today as I sit here, married to a fabulous and equally handsome man, we spend very little on each other and I know it sounds corny and cheesy but the presents we exchange means so much more. Things for the house etc.. ❤

When I think back on that feckless fool and the money I spent on him, I could get a fit of the vapours.

The stupidity of youth!;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My secret Santa a couple of years ago at work was a personalised little miss mug with my name on so 'sunshinegal is (picture of little miss) little miss ....
I can't even remember the word but it was some weird posh word and I didn't know what it meant. I looked it up and it meant argumentative. I told a couple of friends at work as I was pretty confused by it and who were taken aback and said they'd be offended by it 😂
I never found out who sent it and my friends there also tried!
Weirdest thing is I never argued with anyone there at all 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So not exactly a weird gift more of a weird situation.

A few weeks back I was out Christmas shopping with my sister and she said she was going to get me a present. Not a Christmas present just a present for now (i’d helped her out with something but told her she didn’t need to but she insisted) said she wanted to get me one of those shortbread tins from M&S. so that was really thoughtful. I love shortbread.
So we go in and I saw that light projector one and it looked really nice. On the way to the till and my sister spots a different tin. Bigger but just a plain tin and says that because there’s more biscuits in the plain tin, her husband would probably like that better. And I’m standing there wondering why her husband’s opinion is such a big factor in my present.
So she’s picks that one up, pays for it and then puts it into a carrier bag. And that’s the last I ever saw of it.
Now I’m wondering did my present just get given away to someone better? 🤷‍♀️ Why not just say you wanted to buy your husband a tin? Where did I come in to it?

So yeah. Can’t say it’s the worst present I’ve received because I didn’t even receive it 🤦‍♀️😂

This is bizarre?! Does your sister have some sort of short term memory loss 🤣

Reactions: 5