What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is bizarre?! Does your sister have some sort of short term memory loss 🤣
Up until a few weeks ago I would have said no but 🤔

I even started to doubt myself, maybe I’d misunderstood but no. We went there for me. After a decent back and forth of ‘aw you don’t have to’ ‘but I want to’ ‘are you sure?’
The only thing I can think of is that she was going to get us both a tin and then forgot.
Or maybe we were to share it and I’m going to get a half eaten tin the next time I see them 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Up until a few weeks ago I would have said no but 🤔

I even started to doubt myself, maybe I’d misunderstood but no. We went there for me. After a decent back and forth of ‘aw you don’t have to’ ‘but I want to’ ‘are you sure?’
The only thing I can think of is that she was going to get us both a tin and then forgot.
Or maybe we were to share it and I’m going to get a half eaten tin the next time I see them 😱
I feel like I'm being an enabler trying to make sense of this..but could she have not wanted to just blatantly buy it in front of you and was always going to go back after to get your tin, so she can wrap it or something ?!

Reactions: 3
I feel like I'm being an enabler trying to make sense of this..but could she have not wanted to just blatantly buy it in front of you and was always going to go back after to get your tin, so she can wrap it or something ?!
I mean, if that’s it, it’s definitely an inventive way of throwing me off the scent. I’ll have to see if it shows up on Sunday now!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m sure others have had similar experiences but one time I gave a friend a copy of an album by the killers when we were teenagers. A year or two later I got the album back as a Christmas gift 😂

I reckon it was the same copy as well because it didn’t have the plastic wrapping around it. Would’ve still been weird if she bought the same album for me tbh

She turned out to be totally nuts in later life. If only I’d heeded the first warning

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm pretty sure this is an old joke, can't quite believe so many people would know someone who did that 🤣
Our elderly neighbor did the opposite, and bit all the nuts out of the chocolate and used to gift the chocolate to six year old piggy me (hey, it was the 70's 🤷‍♀️) who wasn't going to turn down chocolate. Grossed my mum out so bad. And me now, of course. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Our elderly neighbor did the opposite, and bit all the nuts out of the chocolate and used to gift the chocolate to six year old piggy me (hey, it was the 70's 🤷‍♀️) who wasn't going to turn down chocolate. Grossed my mum out so bad. And me now, of course. 😂
Do these people know you can buy nuts and chocolate separately 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Any gift that shows absolutely no thought to it and of course any gift in poor condition:

-a dirty journal that was clearly found in an attic somewhere (the cover had frayed edges and a few of the pages were stained with tea or coffee...or at least I hope it was that, at the very worst 😅 )

-one of those bargain-bin bath salt sets with the promo sticker still on it (it was $5.99). Also, I have a stand-up shower (the gifter has been to my home multiple times before).

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I just took part in a secret Santa in a group I’m in, the gifts were sent in the mail but mine was hand-delivered to my home on Monday while I was at work. I hate it, I’m on day 3 of feeling disappointed. It’s an ugly handmade wall hanging (it wasn’t a swap of handmade items) and a migraine-inducing perfume dupe candle. I’d have been happier with a B&M mug, sachet of hot chocolate and a maltesers reindeer. Now I’m watching everyone else post pictures of nicer gifts. I just don’t understand why someone would give some form of decor when they don’t even know the person’s taste.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I just took part in a secret Santa in a group I’m in, the gifts were sent in the mail but mine was hand-delivered to my home on Monday while I was at work. I hate it, I’m on day 3 of feeling disappointed. It’s an ugly handmade wall hanging (it wasn’t a swap of handmade items) and a migraine-inducing perfume dupe candle. I’d have been happier with a B&M mug, sachet of hot chocolate and a maltesers reindeer. Now I’m watching everyone else post pictures of nicer gifts. I just don’t understand why someone would give some form of decor when they don’t even know the person’s taste.
Sounds like a regift they wanted to get rid of. Costs nothing then.

Reactions: 8
My workplace didn’t bother with Secret Santa this year, thank goodness. I still have no idea who got me extra large yellow itchy gloves the other year when i’ve never worn yellow to work and my hands are obviously small. So random. Would have been happier with nothing tbh.

• Haha
Actually thinking about it, another Christmas my mother in law got me a pestle and mortar and when I opened it declared that it has never been used....
I was reading some of these out in bed the other night laughing at them with my boyfriend, including this one. Today I have opened a pestle and mortar from him 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My 22 and 19 year old sisters both got given Disney dolls from a cousin and one got this bundle from another aunt.

1671980127201.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
I usually dread Christmas would rather have the money to buy stuff I would actually wear and want or need
Loads of socks which is needed saved me buying them,wrong underwear option

I'm masc so I like the typical boy clothes and stuff but this year everything I got is pink and girly every year

Britney spears perfume with he price still on it never worn or mention her perfume ever random purchase

Giant dove hamper again same as every year but allergic and family know this sure they do it every year to wind me up

A lush shower gel I haven't used since I was like 10 became a running jokebuixuits

Out of date Food and biscuits

Just feels like not alot of care goes into getting me a gift i know I can be fussy but get to know me and I would like

• Heart
  • Sad
2 different relatives bought me lynx sets. Surely that’s something you buy a pre teen not a woman in her 30s! Even a dove set would have been better 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11