What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My nana had two poodles, I opened her gift one Christmas Day and it was curlers… great gift for
a 6 year old! And they were covered in poodle hair!
One secret Santa they bought me a lint roller… I don’t have pets so not even useful, I bought them a crate of beer.
Hate secret Santa now.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I just took part in a secret Santa in a group I’m in, the gifts were sent in the mail but mine was hand-delivered to my home on Monday while I was at work. I hate it, I’m on day 3 of feeling disappointed. It’s an ugly handmade wall hanging (it wasn’t a swap of handmade items) and a migraine-inducing perfume dupe candle. I’d have been happier with a B&M mug, sachet of hot chocolate and a maltesers reindeer. Now I’m watching everyone else post pictures of nicer gifts. I just don’t understand why someone would give some form of decor when they don’t even know the person’s taste.
I once received a huge box from a manager I worked for. It turned out to be a large lamp, but very conservative in style, not my taste at all. It would have fitted in Hyacinth Bouquet’s house, say! Nice of him to buy me a substantial gift, but you have to know someone’s taste. Maybe it was an unwanted gift he wanted to get rid of! 😆

Reactions: 5
I got a just eat voucher this year. Tell me people think you're a greedy bastard without actually telling you 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I got Christmas decorations for Christmas of the in laws this year 😅
My MIL has done this every year I've known her. Given us a special decoration from her for our tree. Because that's exactly what we want....a tree full of decorations from her 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
A wooliee that I love but I don’t know how I’ll function at work on Tuesday without it 🤣 🥶

Reactions: 2
My grandmother once bought me a slinky with a dog's head stuck on it... so it doesn't even function as a slinky.
The same Christmas she bought my cousin (who is a month older than me) the latest mobile phone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
My MIL gifted me ( a Beauty Consultant at the time ) a Pound land Hand Cream ( she wasn't short of money ) and my husband a shiny Red Dicky Bow - which we later found out was 5 quid.

Husband has never wore a tie or suit, apart from once on his wedding day 40 years ago, he's a "Tradie" so lives in overalls......?

We on the other hand bought her a huge Clarins skin care gift box and a cashmere sweater - despite the fact that were a young family struggling at that time....... 😢 we went without gifts to each other to make sure hers was what she would like.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
From reading the Christmas threads I think most people need to cut back on who they buy for.

Reactions: 31
From reading the Christmas threads I think most people need to cut back on who they buy for.
Oh I did! I vowed to NEVER buy her another Christmas present ever again, and my OH fully supported this.
Fast forward 25 years......and I have kept that promise !00%

Reactions: 8
I read every single post from page 1 and I am mortified and really angry that some people are so thoughtless and complete dicks!!!!
My love language is gift giving and I can't wrap my head around these comments. Are these for real?? ...I know they are but I still can't believe it.
Most ppl on this site are from the UK, so I wonder if having to physically open a gift (no matter what it is) is a thing? Like just the act of opening a "thing" is good enough for some dicks...? I don't get it.
Well, from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry to everyone who has ever received a crap gift ! xo

Reactions: 14
Omg I haven't read this whole thread yet but it's hilarious!

My in-laws aren't too bad with presents - They usually give money if we don't ask for something specific. They did remove me from their multi photo frames though after I brought up their lack of interest in us and our kids compared to SIL and kids 😂 which made me laugh because OH ex cheated on him yet they still had photos of her in frames up until we got together over a year after they split up!

My SIL (bro's gf) is shite at presents. For Christmas, I got them something very specific and personalised for their new house which cost me quite a lot and everyone commented how nice it was, and what did we get - A dusty bottle of rum and some tit colour changing lamp that cost about £5.

My ex bought 2 tickets to see The Lion King at the theatre for my birthday, which I had been desperate to see but expressed that he wouldn't be going with me, I'd have to go with a friend as he wasn't interested. I broke up with him between my birthday and the show and he insisted on coming with me to try and win me back... Too late mate 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My Mum went through a phase of buying rubbish from those telesales channels.

I must have been... 16/17? Received a record player that looked like it should be owned by a Grandma (I didn't have any records) and these bizarre african statues that were a good couple of feet tall each.

No idea what she was thinking!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've just been gifted a rock from my in laws.
It's a carved, blue rock from their holidays to a place I've never been.
Not sure if there's a meaning I'm missing 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 13
A friend gifted me a used lip balm 🤢
Sorry for derailing, but did anyone else throw lip gloss or lip balm away when someone at school borrowed it?! I could not stand to use it again after th🤮

Okay a bad present I got was from a school friend, it was a peel off face mask for oily, acne prone skin!! Worse was she got the dry skin, rinse off version of the same mask for our other friend 🥹 I was very upset tbh, I mean we were about 13, just when your skin is starting to go haywire and I was very self conscious about it, and I thought, oh no, it must be really noticeable for her to get that for me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6