What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My nana had two poodles, I opened her gift one Christmas Day and it was curlers… great gift for
a 6 year old! And they were covered in poodle hair!
One secret Santa they bought me a lint roller… I don’t have pets so not even useful, I bought them a crate of beer.
Hate secret Santa now.

Reactions: 12
I once received a huge box from a manager I worked for. It turned out to be a large lamp, but very conservative in style, not my taste at all. It would have fitted in Hyacinth Bouquet’s house, say! Nice of him to buy me a substantial gift, but you have to know someone’s taste. Maybe it was an unwanted gift he wanted to get rid of!

Reactions: 5
I got a just eat voucher this year. Tell me people think you're a greedy bastard without actually telling you

Reactions: 18
I got Christmas decorations for Christmas of the in laws this year
My MIL has done this every year I've known her. Given us a special decoration from her for our tree. Because that's exactly what we want....a tree full of decorations from her

Reactions: 11
A wooliee that I love but I don’t know how I’ll function at work on Tuesday without it

Reactions: 2
My grandmother once bought me a slinky with a dog's head stuck on it... so it doesn't even function as a slinky.
The same Christmas she bought my cousin (who is a month older than me) the latest mobile phone.

Reactions: 16
My MIL gifted me ( a Beauty Consultant at the time ) a Pound land Hand Cream ( she wasn't short of money ) and my husband a shiny Red Dicky Bow - which we later found out was 5 quid.

Husband has never wore a tie or suit, apart from once on his wedding day 40 years ago, he's a "Tradie" so lives in overalls......?

We on the other hand bought her a huge Clarins skin care gift box and a cashmere sweater - despite the fact that were a young family struggling at that time....... we went without gifts to each other to make sure hers was what she would like.

Reactions: 20
From reading the Christmas threads I think most people need to cut back on who they buy for.

Reactions: 31
From reading the Christmas threads I think most people need to cut back on who they buy for.
Oh I did! I vowed to NEVER buy her another Christmas present ever again, and my OH fully supported this.
Fast forward 25 years......and I have kept that promise !00%

Reactions: 8
I read every single post from page 1 and I am mortified and really angry that some people are so thoughtless and complete dicks!!!!
My love language is gift giving and I can't wrap my head around these comments. Are these for real?? ...I know they are but I still can't believe it.
Most ppl on this site are from the UK, so I wonder if having to physically open a gift (no matter what it is) is a thing? Like just the act of opening a "thing" is good enough for some dicks...? I don't get it.
Well, from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry to everyone who has ever received a crap gift ! xo

Reactions: 14
Omg I haven't read this whole thread yet but it's hilarious!

My in-laws aren't too bad with presents - They usually give money if we don't ask for something specific. They did remove me from their multi photo frames though after I brought up their lack of interest in us and our kids compared to SIL and kids which made me laugh because OH ex cheated on him yet they still had photos of her in frames up until we got together over a year after they split up!

My SIL (bro's gf) is shite at presents. For Christmas, I got them something very specific and personalised for their new house which cost me quite a lot and everyone commented how nice it was, and what did we get - A dusty bottle of rum and some shit colour changing lamp that cost about £5.

My ex bought 2 tickets to see The Lion King at the theatre for my birthday, which I had been desperate to see but expressed that he wouldn't be going with me, I'd have to go with a friend as he wasn't interested. I broke up with him between my birthday and the show and he insisted on coming with me to try and win me back... Too late mate

Reactions: 9
My Mum went through a phase of buying rubbish from those telesales channels.

I must have been... 16/17? Received a record player that looked like it should be owned by a Grandma (I didn't have any records) and these bizarre african statues that were a good couple of feet tall each.

No idea what she was thinking!

Reactions: 9
I've just been gifted a rock from my in laws.
It's a carved, blue rock from their holidays to a place I've never been.
Not sure if there's a meaning I'm missing

Reactions: 13
A friend gifted me a used lip balm
Sorry for derailing, but did anyone else throw lip gloss or lip balm away when someone at school borrowed it?! I could not stand to use it again after th

Okay a bad present I got was from a school friend, it was a peel off face mask for oily, acne prone skin!! Worse was she got the dry skin, rinse off version of the same mask for our other friend 🥹 I was very upset tbh, I mean we were about 13, just when your skin is starting to go haywire and I was very self conscious about it, and I thought, oh no, it must be really noticeable for her to get that for me.

Reactions: 6