Westholme Interiors #4 Nikki’s reno is really, everything’s painted grey and whhhhhite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a baby so u don’t need to teach me to suck eggs. A wipeable mat is probably preferable as is a wipeable high chair but doesn’t mean everyone buys them!
That isn’t all her nappies etc- if u watched the stories the other day, there was half a wardrobe with nappies, muslins, wipes etc. that’s her supply for night changes which she’s keeping in her room. That’s exactly what I’ve done for 15 months- small supply upstairs and rest kept elsewhere.
You wouldn’t know what she’s spent her time thinking about- that’s just a silly assumption!
Anyway enough raving- that kitchen Reno is howling. Wtf is that wee living area when u walk in??? It looks so odd and back to front!!! It’s awful
This!! This is exactly how I’ve prepped for baby coming! I’ve got two nappy caddies, one next to my bed and one downstairs and everything else stocked in babies room.

Reactions: 7
I’m sure they used to have a bigger master bedroom, I also thought that was their guest room cos it’s pretty small… did they shrink the main bedroom during the reno?

The dining table looks like they're about to have a board room meeting, it pains me to admit it but I really love the dining chairs, I wouldn't pay a stupid amount of money for them though.
That concrete flooring gives me the shivers, I hope baba never cracks her wee head on that floor 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Am I the only one who thinks the layout is good? Like she has a total different living room. The kitchen makes more sense now as it was daft having a bigger living space then the kitchen when you have a complete seperate living room. I think people forget about that. Still cold and sterile but as for the layout it makes SOmuch more sense

Reactions: 1
This!! This is exactly how I’ve prepped for baby coming! I’ve got two nappy caddies, one next to my bed and one downstairs and everything else stocked in babies room.
I think with Nicki it’s the way she keeps deliberately acting like she’s uninterested in it - like the comment about the tube of Bepanthem cream - “oh Marks mum just gave me that, I don’t even know what it’s for” - it’s like she’s intentionally acting like she’s not interested and hasn’t got a clue what’s going on. If that is their bedroom - why not buy a proper fit for purpose changing station? Why try to stuff a few pointless bits in the bedside drawer? I just can’t get on board with this utter nonsense of trying to force the new baby and all the essential baby paraphernalia into her cold, clinical “show home” - it’s so sad and boring and her attitude is absolutely appalling, I dunno if it’s genuine or if she’s playing up for the camera or whatever but she needs to grow up and start acting like an adult.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Everything is fake … hair nails grass flowers .. so how she’s acting now is 100% for the show 😂 I wonder if she will feature in the Aberdeen magazine with Marko and baby IT🎈 headline “still not finshed Reno”

Reactions: 4
Did have a little giggle when she said the changing mat is very aesthetically pleasing but then on the new kitchen reveal video she has them massive ugly cat scratch pole things for the cats in there that stuck out like a sore thumb and are not aesthetically pleasing

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Absolutely bleeping detest that horrible grey concrete floor she’s got in the kitchen/living space. It is horrific. It just looks like they havent got any proper flooring done. Awful.

Reactions: 8
I think there’s a proper living room as well but they never seem to use it.
There’s 3 other rooms downstairs a living room, dining room and Marks playroom. There’s no reason why they need to live wedged into the corner of the kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well she managed to flog that ugly “designer” sofa so anything’s possible.
I know. And the one she’s bought the replace it, looks nearly exactly the same….! Same sort of oversized slouchy style.

nonsense.

This afternoon she’s dicking around with pointless (and UGLY) vases and bowls for the guest room…. WHYYYYYY?!!!!!!!!!! Away get your house ready for your baby and get the clothes washed, cupboards stocked up with milk, get all that stuff sorted instead of hiding in a spare room playing with some crappy air fresheners trying to pretend it’s all not happening….!

Reactions: 3
She doesn’t mind having cat play things everywhere. You would think while doing all that work to the house it would be ideal time to do a nursery. That’s the fun part that distracts from the uncomfortable pregnancy parts. She is coming across as really not accepting of what’s about to happen and it’s sad to see and hear. I hope she feels differently when the baby arrives or family and friend notice the struggle and can intervene.

She doesn’t mind having cat play things everywhere. You would think while doing all that work to the house it would be ideal time to do a nursery. That’s the fun part that distracts from the uncomfortable pregnancy parts. She is coming across as really not accepting of what’s about to happen and it’s sad to see and hear. I hope she feels differently when the baby arrives or family and friend notice the struggle and can intervene.
I agree. I mean, we didn’t do a nursery as such - we had a spare room that eventually became our eldest sons bedroom. He was in our room from birth until about 7 months so we never bothered doing a nursery as the room was neutral anyway and we just took out the futon that was in there and all our random junk and put in his big cot etc. but yeah you would think for someone with seemingly endless pots of money and who is a self proclaimed “interiors guru” that she would have had a fully furnished nursery by now….. I know she said that a cot arrived last week but she said it wasn’t expected until February so presumably they have a smaller crib or whatever to use from birth in their own room? She could literally give birth any day now and it doesn’t look like anything’s ready for the baby to come home to…..

Reactions: 3
I agree. I mean, we didn’t do a nursery as such - we had a spare room that eventually became our eldest sons bedroom. He was in our room from birth until about 7 months so we never bothered doing a nursery as the room was neutral anyway and we just took out the futon that was in there and all our random junk and put in his big cot etc. but yeah you would think for someone with seemingly endless pots of money and who is a self proclaimed “interiors guru” that she would have had a fully furnished nursery by now….. I know she said that a cot arrived last week but she said it wasn’t expected until February so presumably they have a smaller crib or whatever to use from birth in their own room? She could literally give birth any day now and it doesn’t look like anything’s ready for the baby to come home to…..
Our second one is only a few months old so in with us but still set up her clothes and changing bits and dressed her cot just so I could go in and admire it and I’m not even into interiors that much 🤣 it would have given her some material for her page or they could have taken in a range for their interior site. It all just seems like she is in denial ………

Those candles and bowls are displayed just lovely…now enjoy that whilst it lasts cos in 8 months time they will be grabbed by sticky fingers and launched at your cat 😆😆😆🍿🍿🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She said herself that the reason she doesn’t have a nursery is she’s struggling to give up her space. She made a similar remark when showing her bottom drawer next to the bed, which she has allocated the space for the baby in the master bedroom. She’s struggling to put baby before herself.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.