Westholme Interiors #4 Nikki’s reno is really, everything’s painted grey and whhhhhite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't see a thread for her sister, but after the one week apart post I went for a nosey on her Instagram only to find the majority of her posts are overly rehearsed tik tok voice overs. So embarrassing.

Can't see a thread for her sister, but after the one week apart post I went for a nosey on her Instagram only to find the majority of her posts are overly rehearsed tik tok voice overs. So embarrassing.
The sister makes me cringe. She tries to be like Nicki on camera but it’s just awkward.

Just wanted to put an alternative take on all the baby comments out there...
I've had 3 babies and each time I never felt the need to be prepared, nurserys ready, house all stocked up nor did i feel the need to only focus on the impending birth.

It didnt mean I was in denial, nor didnt love my baby nor did it mean i was under any illusion that my life would change & my house might be a little untidy.
I just dealt with it in a low key way.

I have a nice house with nice things, and my kids didnt slobber, tit or wreck everything the way people seem to be putting out as a given. Not saying this is always the case...but in my experience my kids didnt do this.

What im just putting out there, is a different approach/ perspective that people have when having babies.

We aren't all the same...some feel comfort in being incredibly prepared...some people arent overly bothered.
I was pretty laid back, knew my husband could get us anything we needed - but appreciate others aren't.

I also sent my sister to buy lots of the baby stuff. I knew she would love this...i knew i wouldn't. And it wasn't a precursor to not bonding with my children. I just knew she had the time & interest ...& I didnt.

Just a different pov from me.

I know. And the one she’s bought the replace it, looks nearly exactly the same….! Same sort of oversized slouchy style.

nonsense.

This afternoon she’s dicking around with pointless (and UGLY) vases and bowls for the guest room…. WHYYYYYY?!!!!!!!!!! Away get your house ready for your baby and get the clothes washed, cupboards stocked up with milk, get all that stuff sorted instead of hiding in a spare room playing with some crappy air fresheners trying to pretend it’s all not happening….!
Also...just wondering why there seems to be such a focus on Nikki doing these tasks? Why does she have to do the traditionally 'womens' tasks of cleaning, shopping tidying?
Men are just as capable.
I dont think we should be putting her down for taking time out & doing fun things before her baby comes.
Just find it really surprising the attitudes from women on the roles & expectations of other women - in particular pregnant ones!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I agree. I mean, we didn’t do a nursery as such - we had a spare room that eventually became our eldest sons bedroom. He was in our room from birth until about 7 months so we never bothered doing a nursery as the room was neutral anyway and we just took out the futon that was in there and all our random junk and put in his big cot etc. but yeah you would think for someone with seemingly endless pots of money and who is a self proclaimed “interiors guru” that she would have had a fully furnished nursery by now….. I know she said that a cot arrived last week but she said it wasn’t expected until February so presumably they have a smaller crib or whatever to use from birth in their own room? She could literally give birth any day now and it doesn’t look like anything’s ready for the baby to come home to…..
I'm curious, why was it OK for you to not have a nursery ready, but not Nikki? What's money got to do with it? Not a dig, genuine question.

Reactions: 8
I'm curious, why was it OK for you to not have a nursery ready, but not Nikki? What's money got to do with it? Not a dig, genuine question.
She’s a self proclaimed “interiors” guru/her whole business is focused on interior design, she spends endless time & money decorating and redecorating rooms in her house that never get used - she had a dining table in her house that was NEVER used yet was always fully set up with flatware, glasses, linen etc - just gathering dust. Yet she’s not doing a single thing at all to prepare a space in her home from her child? She talks about money all the time - she just spent over 6 THOUSAND POUNDS on a few dining chairs.

I've had 3 babies and each time I never felt the need to be prepared, nurserys ready, house all stocked up nor did i feel the need to only focus on the impending birth.

It didnt mean I was in denial, nor didnt love my baby nor did it mean i was under any illusion that my life would change & my house might be a little untidy.

I have a nice house with nice things, and my kids didnt slobber, tit or wreck everything the way people seem to be putting out as a given. Not saying this is always the case...but in my experience my kids didnt do this.

What im just putting out there, is a different approach/ perspective that people have when having babies.

We aren't all the same...some feel comfort in being incredibly prepared...some people arent overly bothered.
I was pretty laid back, knew my husband could get us anything we needed - but appreciate others aren't.

I also sent my sister to buy lots of the baby stuff. I knew she would love this...i knew i wouldn't. And it wasn't a precursor to not bonding with my children. I just knew she had the time & interest ...& I didnt.

Also...just wondering why there seems to be such a focus on Nikki doing these tasks? Why does she have to do the traditionally 'womens' tasks of cleaning, shopping tidying?
Men are just as capable.
I dont think we should be putting her down for taking time out & doing fun things before her baby comes.
Just find it really surprising the attitudes from women on the roles & expectations of other women - in particular pregnant ones!
Nicki is the one at home - Mark is out, presumably at work so yes, my comments were aimed at Nicki seeing as she’s the one at home. I never said men weren’t capable. Nor do I think that either.

I also sent my sister to buy lots of the baby stuff. I knew she would love this...i knew i wouldn't. And it wasn't a precursor to not bonding with my children. I just knew she had the time & interest ...& I
Nicki has stated herself that she/they are in denial/shocked/not prepared for this baby; she’s said that she’s ignored it and has not thought about it. Comments here are based on what she herself shares either explicitly or via what she shows herself doing online. The comments here aren’t aimed at you or the general population!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Let’s all move on now. Arguments derail the thread for others - Please read our rules and why they're important
Thank you for the bold font @BettyCrockerr
However, I disagree.
Whilst you say these comments are only about Nikki, you are making assumptions that are very similar to lots of peoples experiences.
I see lots of other personal experiences have been posted on this thread that are never challenged but a single one that disputes this narrative is!

I think lots of people don’t have nursery’s prepared or everything in etc but I think it’s more unusual to refer to your baby as ‘it’ and sound so disengaged and resentful.

Reactions: 4

Men are just as capable.
100% agree with this. I find it wild people claiming that all children wreck things and draw on walls etc. The only baby proofing I did was remove the living room table to give us more space to play and put up stair gates (which I don’t actually need- my daughter could safely get up and down the stairs at 10 months). I think it’s ur parenting style how wild ur children end up. I taught my wee girl early on what’s not for touching and not to break things. Nikki is very capable of doing the same! She doesn’t need to rearrange her entire house.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Same my son hasn't wrecked anything, he's 3 now. We removed any 'home accessories' from his level when he was on the move so he couldn't pull anything down on himself but now he knows what's mummy's and what he's allowed.

Our nursery was painted light grey as we were planning on selling so kept neutral and stuck up some framed prints. The cot was just storage for stuff we were gifted til 6 months then moved him into his own room... where he sleeps all night.

I still get a lie in on the weekends because we take turns or he sleeps til 8/9 anyway. Not everyone has little terrors who draw on walls and wake up at 5am.

Actually looking forward to her having this baby and getting her take on motherhood... although dreading if she's gonna go back to the keytone MLM spiel as I haven't missed that at all from her account.

Reactions: 7
100% agree with this. I find it wild people claiming that all children wreck things and draw on walls etc. The only baby proofing I did was remove the living room table to give us more space to play and put up stair gates (which I don’t actually need- my daughter could safely get up and down the stairs at 10 months). I think it’s ur parenting style how wild ur children end up. I taught my wee girl early on what’s not for touching and not to break things. Nikki is very capable of doing the same! She doesn’t need to rearrange her entire house.
If you only have one kid who’s perfect at just a year old don’t have any more then, because your 2nd one will be wild and it’s duck all to with parenting style with a toddler, they don’t say you need eyes in the back of your head for nothing. 🤣🤣

Reactions: 10
Can you guys set up your own thread to
Discuss your immaculate houses with your silent immobile children? Cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
My first child made me think I could be a good parent and have my tit together. My second child put paid to that silly notion LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My first child was impeccable....pure Disney themed. Absolute toffee, I had this!

Second child, a mere 18 months later. 🤪 said gorgeous child once didn't sleep for 3 weeks! My sleeping pattern was altered for all time.

People's experiences are different that's for sure and that's life.

Couldn't give a duck about her shite tbh....my beef is she's a liar. No big deal, I just don't like them.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m just waiting for her to start mainlining that crappy rose wine the second the baby is born. She’s such a lush, she’ll probably have a bottle of Moët open before they’ve cut the cord!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ma wee urshie as ma birthen partner and my other friend rośe
Christ can you imagine if she uses that bleeping horrific voice she speaks to the cats with on the baby?!

GUUUUDDDD MOURNNNIN MA WEE BAYBEEZ MA WEE HANDSOME BOYS MA WE DARLINS OHHHH ARE YOU WANTIN SUMTHIN TA EAT? ARR YA HUNGARY WEE BAYBEEZ? OHHHHHH YERSHHH YERSHHHH YOU ARE MA WEE BABYEEEZ JUST WANTIN MAMMYS ATTENSHUN AND SUM BOWZEEZ WI MAMMY ISNT THAT RUGHT MA WEE HANDSUM BOYS

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.