West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhhh damn. Yeah I’d say that belongs here!

That’s interesting, especially as both the mod and Six cast members have a lot of mad OTT super fans who are likely to go on a witch-hunt. Which cast member is it?

Would this be the tour or West End cast?
Ohhhh damn. Yeah I’d say that belongs here!

That’s interesting, especially as both the mod and Six cast members have a lot of mad OTT super fans who are likely to go on a witch-hunt. Which cast member is it?
Current West End no. 6. Sorry as it is quite a personal situation I wasn't sure if I should post the names and make it google-able!

Reactions: 1
Current West End no. 6. Sorry as it is quite a personal situation I wasn't sure if I should post the names and make it google-able!
I mean surely they're making it public by posting about it, I didn't know anything about the admin from the group before this but I saw the post from the Six cast member I follow on twitter and instastories and it was fairly easy to find the other person involved.

Reactions: 2
I mean as the pair of them have posted it all over Twitter I don’t think it’s that private any more! But I do get where you’re coming from. It’s a tricky one.

I mean surely they're making it public by posting about it, I didn't know anything about the admin from the group before this but I saw the post from the Six cast member I follow on twitter and instastories and it was fairly easy to find the other person involved.
This is a fair point - I'm not used to being the first one to post about stuff so I'm never sure of how to approach it haha. The admin today has been celebrating people joining the dots so I guess she's happy it's out.

This is a fair point - I'm not used to being the first one to post about stuff so I'm never sure of how to approach it haha. The admin today has been celebrating people joining the dots so I guess she's happy it's out.
I saw that post from her. I'm not really up on the back story of who she is etc. Is she saying the Six cast member abused her?

Yeah she clearly wants people to know who it was. I’m definitely a bit confused as to what shes alleging happened though, were they dating??

I saw that post from her. I'm not really up on the back story of who she is etc. Is she saying the Six cast member abused her?
Yeah she clearly wants people to know who it was. I’m definitely a bit confused as to what shes alleging happened though, were they dating??
She's the owner of a very large musical theatre fan group on Facebook and works in industry somehow. That's what I'm not clear on. She has implied it was emotional abuse in a relationship but she only refers to it as a 'situationship' so I'm not clear as to what that relationship was.

She's not been clear but I think she's saying it was that cast member at fault, unless they're meant to be another victim or something, it's not clear how they're involved. It's definitely implied that they're the abuser though.

Dodgy allegations to make.

Yeah she’s somehow gotten into the industry through being a super fan and has now written a musical called Catfish that she uses the MTAS fans to boost interest in. She’s of the social media influenza musical theatre “talent” generation.

I can't figure out what's been going on at all, I maintain a passing interest in Danielle Steers' career having seen her in a couple of previous shows (not seen her in Six though) and been impressed at her singing; and I maintain no interest at all in Willi Mukendi, who as I mention above I've met at an event she organised (or rather, totally dis-organised). Just taken a look at her facebook group for the first time in many months and it's worse than ever on the rabid insane theatre fangirl stakes. Best avoided I think. Have no idea what (if any) the involvement was between the two of them, I just see fairly cryptic tweets from them both and their fan armies rushing to throw their virtual twitter arms around their queens in two separate massive group hugs. Hopefully nothing more than a clash of egos, and one day I get to see Dee Steers perform in something again because as I say she was very very good, one to watch I'd say.

On a related note I see just now that Six (at the Arts Theatre in the West End) is currently selling tickets again (28 September onwards), hadn't realised they were doing that yet but it's great news. But the ticket sales are without any social distancing looking at the seating plan anyway, which seems one hell of a gamble on their part, as who knows what the government will come up with next on this subject.

I can't figure out what's been going on at all, I maintain a passing interest in Danielle Steers' career having seen her in a couple of previous shows (not seen her in Six though) and been impressed at her singing; and I maintain no interest at all in Willi Mukendi, who as I mention above I've met at an event she organised (or rather, totally dis-organised). Just taken a look at her facebook group for the first time in many months and it's worse than ever on the rabid insane theatre fangirl stakes. Best avoided I think. Have no idea what (if any) the involvement was between the two of them, I just see fairly cryptic tweets from them both and their fan armies rushing to throw their virtual twitter arms around their queens in two separate massive group hugs. Hopefully nothing more than a clash of egos, and one day I get to see Dee Steers perform in something again because as I say she was very very good, one to watch I'd say.

On a related note I see just now that Six (at the Arts Theatre in the West End) is currently selling tickets again (28 September onwards), hadn't realised they were doing that yet but it's great news. But the ticket sales are without any social distancing looking at the seating plan anyway, which seems one hell of a gamble on their part, as who knows what the government will come up with next on this subject.
I really like Danielle Steers! I started following her after seeing her in Bat out of Hell in Manchester! She was amazing and she is stunning!

She was amazing in BOH! Gotta wonder what she’d be doing with a fame chaser like Willy 🤔 also describing it as a “situationship” is so childish. Were you FWB or dating? Be an adult and describe it properly 🙄

And of course she’d feel the need to advertise it on a group with 51k members...
As if she's just posting it to warn people to be careful online haha.

She's been posting all the supportive messages she gets on her insta stories, even the ones that were clearly uncomfortable about being shared. She's loving the attention this is getting her. She's put this on the group so even more people can tell her how much they love her.

Imagine trying to use a musical theatre fan group as your own personal army to immediately jump on anything you tweet and report stuff for you. That's not what the members of the group are there for, you just want even more attention for your tweets and more attention for this situation. Why haven't you asked your actual twitter followers to do the same if this is a genuine request for help??

Yeah she’s 100% trying to use that Facebook group as her own private army, especially as there’s always a push to “believe the victim” which she’s painting herself as.

Slightly rambling video from Andrew Lloyd Webber showing the empty ( :cry: ) Her Majesty's Theatre (where Phantom was, and he claims where it will be back, once he / Cameron Mackintosh / UK Government have all stopped arguing). Rambling but I think he means well.

The piano on stage is because there is another video with him playing it and Carrie Hope Fletcher singing one of the songs from Cinder-meh-la.

Interesting to see that Nimax has decided to open up 4 of its theatres to just run at a loss. I wonder how that’ll work out for them in the long run? Will they try to get away with paying performance staff and FOH less than before? 🤔

Reactions: 3
Interesting to see that Nimax has decided to open up 4 of its theatres to just run at a loss. I wonder how that’ll work out for them in the long run? Will they try to get away with paying performance staff and FOH less than before? 🤔
Thank goodness someone's giving it a try though

Reactions: 3
I see that SIX has now cancelled all its performances at the Arts Theatre until 2nd March as that theatre is now remaining closed till then (I thought it might ... it is a particularly cramped venue as far as getting in / out / toilets are concerned).

However they are fitting in an 11 week run at the Lyric on Shaftesbury Avenue (one on Nica Burns' theatres as mentioned above as trialling reopening) from mid November to the end of January. Regular booking opens Friday. I am seriously tempted to book, I've seen it before at the Arts theatre but can't really think of a better and more fun / high energy show to kick start the West End. Just hope it's not forced to be such a socially distanced audience that the concert style delivery of the show falls flat on its face.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.