West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This article has just been shared on the Carrie Hope Fletcher thread. So sad that e new cast was put together just before lockdown and have now been let go!

I do feel bad for them, don’t get me wrong. But it’s annoying that people seem to only get upset when it’s relating to a cast or stage management team. Mamma Mia is part of Delfont Mackintosh theatres so all of their FOH team, lighting, sound, wig, wardrobe etc were given their notice at the end of July. 600+ people across DMT alone - ATG, Nimax etc haven’t announced their numbers yet. That should have made the news. But no, people only care if it’s the actors. We’re all in the tit. People should be angrier about this.

Reactions: 7
I do feel bad for them, don’t get me wrong. But it’s annoying that people seem to only get upset when it’s relating to a cast or stage management team. Mamma Mia is part of Delfont Mackintosh theatres so all of their FOH team, lighting, sound, wig, wardrobe etc were given their notice at the end of July. 600+ people across DMT alone - ATG, Nimax etc haven’t announced their numbers yet. That should have made the news. But no, people only care if it’s the actors. We’re all in the tit. People should be angrier about this.
I will say I mentioned that cast specifically because they were brand new, most of the crew will have been there for a lot longer. It is heartbreaking what is happening to the theatres because everyone’s jobs are at risk and quite a few have already lost them. Can’t even imagine what is happening in New York at the moment!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I will say I mentioned that cast specifically because they were brand new, most of the crew will have been there for a lot longer. It is heartbreaking what is happening to the theatres because everyone’s jobs are at risk and quite a few have already lost them. Can’t even imagine what is happening in New York at the moment!
Ah I wasn’t meaning at you sorry I mean all the articles I’ve seen in general! Yeah it’s grim af in London right now, I’ve no idea what our broadway family is going through.

Reactions: 1
Sorry but back to Rocky Horror for a minute!

Did anyone see Duncan James from Blue (or Daddy Ry-Ry if you watch Hollyoaks) play Frank!? OH-MY-GOD what an absolute babe! 😍😍
He was so amazing, I really hope he returns!

Sorry but back to Rocky Horror for a minute!

Did anyone see Duncan James from Blue (or Daddy Ry-Ry if you watch Hollyoaks) play Frank!? OH-MY-GOD what an absolute babe! 😍😍
He was so amazing, I really hope he returns!
I wanted the chance to see him as Frank as well. I saw it twice, with Stephen Webb both times, and I thought he was awesome. It was my first Rocky Horror in the theatre experience!

Does anyone know what has started some vague tweets from west end actors and moaning about castings? I want the gossip but can't figure out who is moaning and which production or show.

E.g.

View attachment 212548
It seems to be about Hair... Jodie Steele has tweeted about what I think is the same thing. The ‘issue’ seems to be that they have cast established performers who have had other jobs during lockdown 🤷‍♀️ Honestly, you’d think it would be enough that SOME theatre is happening... I get that there are lots of performers out of work but it feels like a petty fight to pick.

It seems to be about Hair... Jodie Steele has tweeted about what I think is the same thing. The ‘issue’ seems to be that they have cast established performers who have had other jobs during lockdown 🤷‍♀️ Honestly, you’d think it would be enough that SOME theatre is happening... I get that there are lots of performers out of work but it feels like a petty fight to pick.
Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s about that. There seems to be a big attitude amongst theatre stans that the same people shouldn’t be cast for every production and that casting directors need to diversify. Which I do agree with to some extent and actors have definitely been left high and dry with lack of government support! However right now they want to cast big names to get people hyped to go to these events so they make the money back that they lost this year. So they’re not going to want to cast someone who isn’t as well known. It ain’t fair but it is how the industry operates. There’ll be far worse stunt casting once shows do re open again 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Ahh, this makes sense. I can understand how some actors might feel unseen but their industry is hanging by a thread, any show should be supported at the minute.

The thing is, theatres need box office draws - they can't take a risk on a more unknown performer right now.

The mod from MTAS made a point of sharing a tweet and post on insta about how it shouldn't always be the same people being cast as well.

Now, 2 weeks later when actors are calling people out for saying this and saying that we should be grateful anyone is getting work, she's done a complete u-turn and retracted it, saying actors shouldn't let anyone make them feel bad.

I feel like anytime there's drama, she's the first one to comment on it and act like she's the authority on the situation and on the theatre industry but it feels so fake, she's just saying what she thinks will get her attention and liked by the industry. This really shows when she changes her opinion to match the tide that she's after clout. All it does is fan the flames of the drama and make it worse.

The mod from MTAS made a point of sharing a tweet and post on insta about how it shouldn't always be the same people being cast as well.

Now, 2 weeks later when actors are calling people out for saying this and saying that we should be grateful anyone is getting work, she's done a complete u-turn and retracted it, saying actors shouldn't let anyone make them feel bad.

I feel like anytime there's drama, she's the first one to comment on it and act like she's the authority on the situation and on the theatre industry but it feels so fake, she's just saying what she thinks will get her attention and liked by the industry. This really shows when she changes her opinion to match the tide that she's after clout. All it does is fan the flames of the drama and make it worse.
lol, I met her at a west end event she "organised" a couple of years ago, it was shambolic. Absolute power crazed loon that has let her facebook fans go to her head. Thinks she's as important as Cameron Mackintosh and claims to have a mega career in west end publicity, but in reality controls with an iron grip what boils down to a facebook group. Didn't even have a basic website last time I looked.

lol, I met her at a west end event she "organised" a couple of years ago, it was shambolic. Absolute power crazed loon that has let her facebook fans go to her head. Thinks she's as important as Cameron Mackintosh and claims to have a mega career in west end publicity, but in reality controls with an iron grip what boils down to a facebook group. Didn't even have a basic website last time I looked.
That's the impression I get online too. What was the event like?

I think I need to leave the theatre facebook groups, too many teenagers obsessing over the same few shows.

MTAS drives me especially mad because there'll be drama, everyone piles onto one poor person who then either deletes their post or has it deleted by an admin and then the admin in question will do a big group 'announcement' post to basically broadcast her opinion on the situation and join the pile on, and insist you 'like once read'. She thinks far too much of herself and her opinions, why do we all need to read then like them? She doesn't need to comment on everything.

That's the impression I get online too. What was the event like?

I think I need to leave the theatre facebook groups, too many teenagers obsessing over the same few shows.

MTAS drives me especially mad because there'll be drama, everyone piles onto one poor person who then either deletes their post or has it deleted by an admin and then the admin in question will do a big group 'announcement' post to basically broadcast her opinion on the situation and join the pile on, and insist you 'like once read'. She thinks far too much of herself and her opinions, why do we all need to read then like them? She doesn't need to comment on everything.
Oh thank god I was starting to think I was the only one who couldn’t bloody stand her and that group! MTAS is a cesspit full of wannabe actor-influencers who just want to ride whatever wave they can to gain popularity.

I messaged the admin once on her twitter because she was thinking of doing a crossover hobby related event, and I run in those circles and offered to help. She just replied “ok cool”. Couldn’t even be arsed discussing anything with me.

Oh thank god I was starting to think I was the only one who couldn’t bloody stand her and that group! MTAS is a cesspit full of wannabe actor-influencers who just want to ride whatever wave they can to gain popularity.

I messaged the admin once on her twitter because she was thinking of doing a crossover hobby related event, and I run in those circles and offered to help. She just replied “ok cool”. Couldn’t even be arsed discussing anything with me.
Oh gosh how rude, but I'm not surprised. Honestly the only way she'd accept your help is if you got cast in Six so she could flaunt her connections.

• Haha
Oh gosh how rude, but I'm not surprised. Honestly the only way she'd accept your help is if you got cast in Six so she could flaunt her connections.
Haha that’s true. I used to work on a west end show before COVID but oddly enough, people like her only suck up to actors and not tech staff 😂 thank god though, I can’t imagine any of my colleagues putting up with the bullshit and madness actors get online and at stage door 🤪

Reviving this thread a little- I'm not sure if this is entirely appropriate but let me know!

The mod of the Facebook group that I spoke about above has been talking about a recent 'situation' she's come out of that was abusive involving someone else in the industry who hasn't been named.

I've seen today that someone contacted her to tell her to stop talking about it or they'd ruin her career and release a load of info about the situation. Apparently these messages went to someone else apparently involved as well. She states this has been reported to the police. She won't confirm or deny who this other person is or if they got it right about them being involved.

I've seen a Six cast member also post today about getting threatening messages about ending her career that she reported to the police. The mod in question asked everyone to block a twitter account which was apparently the cause of some of her harassment which contained both the mod and the cast member's first names in the username, which to me suggests the two situations are linked.

I feel like she's hinting or pointing to this Six cast member being the other person involved and I don't think it's fair to refuse to confirm or deny who it is when she's publicly hinting towards her through clearly stating someone else was getting these messages and publicly advertising the username of the harassers account which points towards them. If it's not them, clear their name. If it is them and you don't want to say, share less info about the situation so it isn't so obvious.

• Wow
Reviving this thread a little- I'm not sure if this is entirely appropriate but let me know!

The mod of the Facebook group that I spoke about above has been talking about a recent 'situation' she's come out of that was abusive involving someone else in the industry who hasn't been named.

I've seen today that someone contacted her to tell her to stop talking about it or they'd ruin her career and release a load of info about the situation. Apparently these messages went to someone else apparently involved as well. She states this has been reported to the police. She won't confirm or deny who this other person is or if they got it right about them being involved.

I've seen a Six cast member also post today about getting threatening messages about ending her career that she reported to the police. The mod in question asked everyone to block a twitter account which was apparently the cause of some of her harassment which contained both the mod and the cast member's first names in the username, which to me suggests the two situations are linked.

I feel like she's hinting or pointing to this Six cast member being the other person involved and I don't think it's fair to refuse to confirm or deny who it is when she's publicly hinting towards her through clearly stating someone else was getting these messages and publicly advertising the username of the harassers account which points towards them. If it's not them, clear their name. If it is them and you don't want to say, share less info about the situation so it isn't so obvious.
Would this be the tour or West End cast?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.