Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
I do wonder if casting issues are part of the reason it's not been done here.
---
Mentioned in another thread but 9pm tonight on channel 4 is Kevin Spaceys victims speaking out.

Last edited:

Mark81

VIP Member
A better production was at the ENO in 2017. Katherine Jenkins and Alfie Bo were the leads and Nicholas Lyndhurst played the Starkeeper. The setting was brought forward to the 1940s and it worked really well. It was "semi staged" but much better done than the 2008 travesty. Only Alfie reallllly not being an actor was a weak point.
I can't stand Katherine or Alfie so I avoided that haha. But glad it was good, sounds interesting. It is a show that doesn't necessarily have to stay in its original time and setting.

I hope a major revival comes alone that hits the casting and staging

kev1974

VIP Member
Seeing it next week.

I generally quite like the "mixed media" plays with video screens for certain scenes. I saw "The Human Body" at the Donmar last week and thought that used them pretty well, just doing close up video for the scenes where the two leads were chatting closely, like when they were in the train carriage or at a restaurant table.

Mark81

VIP Member
Daniel Boys career kind of annoys me, he deserved so much more than he got. LoLoved m in Avenue Q

Mark81

VIP Member
The concert featured Jeremy Irons reprising scar so I kind of want to watch it. But these concerts are never good when they replace the originals. The beauty and the beast celebration with josh groban was awful

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
I didn't rate the Sunset revival and of course theatreboard said I was just an obsessed fan of the original
I wasn't familiar with it til I saw it. I thought the music was very forgettable even while the song was still going on. The view was shockingly bad but I really enjoyed Rachel Tucker's performance who was the sole reason I attended

Anyone going to the flea market next Saturday? I didn’t manage to get early bird tickets so wondering what time to turn up on the day. Anyone been before and got any advice? I see the question has been asked several times on their Instagram but they don’t respond

Mark81

VIP Member
As a whole it was not a production that impressed me. Carousel is difficult though, the script/lyrics is very hard to take in modern times but the score is just so impossibly beautiful. So I do sympathise with anyone trying to adapt it these days. Just don't be cheap on the good stuff!
Yeah, I found the leads quite wooden too. Enjoyable but flat

I don’t know if she is new but a Broadway performer called Rachel Thomas keeps appearing on my Tik Tok FYP. Her skits are based on a “Rachel Berry/Sharpay Evan’s” style pick me girl but after watching her own posts I don’t think the skit is too far off from reality. Comes across in both as very annoying