Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
Laytons not all that much better tbh in terms of attitude. But he hides it better

I just wish Jamie cast people who can sing the score. None of them ever have been great vocally

Reactions: 1

Mark81

VIP Member
I have to admit, some of his friends didn’t seem to amused by him. They kept wandering off and it was like he was the self appointed leader of the group.
That's interesting. The friendship group he has (that I've seen, such as CHF) has always been a bit of a red flag to me. But that could be a small part of his friends tbf.

Catfan2

Chatty Member
I believe the change to Ashley thr Smoking Car was due to the smoking ban being brought in for the UK.

And if I remember correctly, they had managed to get Reva Rice to sign on to do the Bochum shows hence the change from Poppa to Momma.

I did watch some of Mickey Jo Theatre's blog, I don't mind the gender changes (I didn't see the show in the 80s because I'm too young but did manage to see the show before it closed on the west end the first time). If a simple gender change offends y'all and if Mickey Jo Theatre is correct in the other character changes he's mention then maybe the revival of the show isn't something you wish to go and see.
A gender change doesn’t offend me, but I’d just like to know the reason for it. The show was so amazing when I saw it that I can’t see the need. Maybe I’m just an old fossil 😆

leabytottle

VIP Member
In the heights is a million times better on stage than on film. The film bored me

Also didn't understand the greatest showman hype either
In the Heights is one of my favourites too. I wish they’d bring it to the UK, although I don’t think the film did particularly well, so maybe they wouldn’t risk it

Phantom do day tickets here - https://uk.thephantomoftheopera.com/day-tickets/. I went in late 2021 I think (only £30 then!!) and got a great stalls seat
Oooh, thanks, I’ll give that a try.

I’ve never felt any compulsion to see Phantom, but my kids are very keen to go - it must have been ‘a thing’ on TikTok recently 😁

Edit: ah, just spotted it’s a max of two tickets (if you get an offer of tickets) - looks like I’ll have to sell a kidney after all 😬

Moaninginprivate

I've got the access membership for ATG because of my mum (87, frail, memory like a sieve - we can't go to plays or comedies any more cos she can't follow the storyline)

The deals are brilliant. I got 2 tickets for the Drifters Girl for £25. 2 tickets for Aladdin are £65 - which very good for a Disney musical.

And I do apologise. I think its me that drags this thread away from West End theatre.
How do you do that? As my friend has signed up for their access scheme and when she logs in it gives an option to buy a single ticket for a tenner off.

Has anyone seen Phantom at His Majesty’s Theatre recently? Thinking of going while I’m in London for another event in the summer and just wondered if it was a decent production.

Also, any tips or secrets to getting hold of discounted tickets? I’d love to be in the stalls but they’re £130+ for an unrestricted view!

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Agree re drinking and snacking. Went to see Plaza Suite and couple in row in front had a bottle of champagne in the first half, then second half more champagne and a large popcorn. It’s annoying enough in the cinema with people snacking but in the theatre it’s not on. It brings in so much revenue though I doubt it will stop.

filthycop

I booked months ahead for the first time I saw it with Eddie Redmayne, when it was "fresh" and highly anticipated and discussed everywhere. Since then I just enter the todaytix lottery every day I'm heading to London for work or whatever and occasionally it comes up, and that's how I've seen it the later times, i.e. I've not got excited about wanting to see particular persons, just taken what I've been given. Didn't know anything about MAP before I saw their performance but was blown away. Just seemed so effortless and beautifully understated compared to Eddie and others.

It's a nice lottery because it's "same day", not "week after next" like the Hamilton and other ones, when I never know where I am one week ahead let alone two!
Same as me - Cabaret has been a favourite since I was a kid and as soon as this was announced I got tickets for Eddie.

then later had no idea who MAP was when I got lottery tickets in June (actually exactly a year ago today) and it was so goo I went again in September non-lottery tickets. Both times Maude Apatow was not performing and we had Emily Benjamin who was great.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I have sat in the upper level and it was great. I thought before I went that I would be wanting to stand on the floor. But after seeing how often you are moved around I know that personally I would have found that frustrating and distracting so not for me I think
I completely understand that. I loved being moved round to fit the stage. And got a hand out from the march which I've kept 😂
It's great they can cater for everyone

Mark81

VIP Member
Starlight express is completely that ceebee person on theatreboard new show that they must gatekeep and defend. Every negative review gets a return comment from them