Wentworth Prison

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did they drop the show (again) anyway? Low ratings? Everyone I know who has seen it, loves it!

Reactions: 1
I actually like Joan shes one of the best characters IMO. Also can prisoners wander around at night dont they get locked in their cells in the Oz prisons?

I actually like Joan shes one of the best characters IMO. Also can prisoners wander around at night dont they get locked in their cells in the Oz prisons?
I agree! I LOVE Joan (not that anyone can tell!) She had so much potential for back ground and flash backs and I think people would have loved to of seen it. Just to get an insight into why she's so warped and controlled and at times, emotionless. They normally get locked in their unit but cell doors remain unlocked. Bit weird if you're used to your counties ways but I'm not from Aus so I don't know if that's the normal thing?

Reactions: 5
I think, in some far out there style...she's her mother! Would explain the attachment, the not getting Vera into trouble and "a child needs her mother" I know she was talking about Grace but..if they do another series to tie up the loose ends...you never know 😁
Oh can you imagine if that was the case. What a twist that would be.

Reactions: 2
Just watched the last episode, it’s not what I expected but I loved it. I’d have loved for an old character to pop up maybe Frankie or Fletch, loved them both. So glad horrible Ann and Judy got finished off. Even though I think the last few seasons went downhill a bit, I’ve still loved the show and will miss it, I think they could bring it back with that ending. Boomer and the freak are my all time faves, so glad Boomer got her happy ending.
The ending with the old song had me crying 😭😭😭 the original is my all time fave ❤

• Heart
A dream spin-off would be Ally, Boomer, Ruby, Rita all getting transferred to a different prison. Then Frankie coming back as a Lawyer or Prison councillor. Also random shots of Joan being out and about living her best life.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just finished it 😭 what a great bleeping tv series.

Every time I watched one of the series, it reminded me of just how brilliant it was.

I’ve watched it yearly from day one, but last year I introduced my boyfriend to it and we watched it all in one go. Tried to avoid all spoilers until now and managed to do so, which is surprising considering I follow them all on Insta!

The characters are so well created. You have those you’re rooting for and then love to hate the others.

My favourites were Frankie, Boomer and Ferguson. And I was rooting for the threesome - Vera, Will and Jake.

I’m forever raving about it. I think it’s stayed strong throughout and never dipped. Amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The worst scene for me was when the Freak had Juicy Lucy in the dentist chair 😵 I don't want to say any more because I don't want to give spoilers 😨

• Sick
Reactions: 5
The worst scene for me was when the Freak had Juicy Lucy in the dentist chair 😵 I don't want to say any more because I don't want to give spoilers 😨
Hell yes, that was quite gruesome, but juicy ( that makes me :sick: ) Lucy deserved it, she was one depraved witch!

She was hideous. They must put some kind of makeup on them to make them look bad because I saw the actress that played Lucy on an Australian talk show and she doesn't look like that in real life. She looks lovely.... Just like someone's gran ☺

She was hideous. They must put some kind of makeup on them to make them look bad because I saw the actress that played Lucy on an Australian talk show and she doesn't look like that in real life. She looks lovely.... Just like someone's gran ☺
Yes I believe she was a nurse and went back to nursing through the pandemic, totally different character 😂

That's correct...she said in the interview that she told her mum not to watch Wentworth as it was too brutal and she wouldn't like it 😂

• Haha
Juice and 'the boys' did cause quite a lot of carnage when they got going

boomer ended up having a baby?
sorry i supposed halfway through season 5 those sisters were well annoying
i’m sorry but allie being too dog was laughable i had to stop

She pops up in Neighbours now and again, as a serial complainer Vera Punt.

I never took to Wentworth in the same way I did with PCBH.

I was also a bit annoyed with the Producers of Wentworth refusing to use more well known PCBH actors.

How great would it of been if Pamela Rabe's Joan Ferguson, encountered a character played by Maggie Kirkpatrick, with a cheeky nod of ' you look familiar'.

There is also a cut scene on YouTube, whereby Collette Mann, Val Lehman and Fiona Spence made a cameo as inmates. This would have featured at the end of series 7.

As the above, the two biggest names from PCBH who had significant roles in Wentworth were Sigrid Thornton and Tina Bursill.

Shane Connor, Debra Lawrence, Anne Charleston, Alex Menglet, Steve Bastoni and Maria Mercedes all appeared in minor roles.