Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah mine is pretty much just tea or beer!

I feel like crap if I have anything less than about 2.5 litres, but prefer to have 3-4. I think my body is just used to it. I especially don’t know how people go without water on long haul flights, it dehydrates you so much. I practically have to remortgage my house to buy the big bottles of water in the airport the amount I take 🤣
My husband and I take empty refillable bottles through security. There is normally a point to refill them the other side 😊

So they we only need to buy 1 big bottle each 🤣

Reactions: 1
I’d definitely vote for Nutracheck over MFP, for all the reasons stated; I find it so much more user friendly.
Slightly OT, but has anyone else had stomach trouble when adjusting to a healthier diet? I suppose it stands to reason that if you up your intake of fibre and vegetables, your body needs to adjust, but I’m feeling a bit unwell this morning after a bit of a stomach upset and cramps in the night. It’s peed me off a bit, because I was thinking earlier in the day that I felt a bit healthier 😆
A friend told me that from your mid 30's you lose digestive enzymes so always have a bottle of these handy. So I tried them - 2 tablets before first mouthful of food and they worked. Worth a try while you adjust to increased fibre.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
A friend told me that from your mid 30's you lose digestive enzymes so always have a bottle of these handy. So I tried them - 2 tablets before first mouthful of food and they worked. Worth a try while you adjust to increased fibre.
Thanks so much :) would you recommend any ones in particular?

I was passing Iceland earlier when I was out shopping and went in because I'd seen loads of people on TikTok raving about the My Protein meals they've brought out and jesus christ they're so expensive! £4 or more for a frozen ready meal! And £6 for 4 chicken skewers! I thought Iceland was supposed to be cheap. I was going to stick around to inspect some of their other offerings but a girl came in who evidently didn't like another girl who was already in there shopping and they started having an altercation and the security guard got involved so I decided to leave 😂😂 gotta love my local town centre

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Has anyone actually found the Aldi protein pancakes? All out of stock in my local aldis (I did browse a couple)
are they just a fad?

I’ve lost 1/2lb this week. Still 3lbs up on my pre Christmas weight. All the Christmas stuff is gone except the cake, which I eat only small slices of. It’s very rich and is my little afternoon treat. I
need to get more consistent with steps and gym this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is when it gets difficult for me it’s a Friday night and I “deserve” yummy food 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
This is when it gets difficult for me it’s a Friday night and I “deserve” yummy food 🤣🤣
Me too! I managed to resist the husband offering to pay for a take away tonight. Told him we have food in the house 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thanks so much :) would you recommend any ones in particular?
I could be wrong but I have a vague memory of maybe starting with Beano which were good and then I couldn't order them any more in the UK. Then I got a bottle of enzymes from Boyes for about £4 until I couldn't find them there any more. The last ones I got were an orange bottle of tablets from Holland and Barrett.
My experience was that in my 30's I found I couldn't eat peppers any more, with my friend it was pastry but with the enzymes we can eat these foods.
It really pisses me off that as you get older the less you can bloody have !!!! 😫😄

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I could be wrong but I have a vague memory of maybe starting with Beano which were good and then I couldn't order them any more in the UK. Then I got a bottle of enzymes from Boyes for about £4 until I couldn't find them there any more. The last ones I got were an orange bottle of tablets from Holland and Barrett.
My experience was that in my 30's I found I couldn't eat peppers any more, with my friend it was pastry but with the enzymes we can eat these foods.
It really pisses me off that as you get older the less you can bloody have !!!! 😫😄
Thank you 😊
I know what you mean. I feel like about 4/5 months back, I just started crumbling! I can’t eat stuff I used to have no problem with, my blood pressure has always been good, but that’s now high, and I feel generally rubbish.
I think you just stop getting away with stuff as you get older 😞 😆

I had a moment of progress today, we ordered takeaway because I feel like rubbish having just come on. But I very deliberately went for a main, some rice and a veggie side with no extras… and when I’d eaten one serving I went back for some more, put it on the plate and then looked at it and went ‘why am I eating another dinner?’ So it’s in the fridge until tomorrow and maybe it means I have two days this week of less nutritious food but at least it’s not double portions in one day plus whatever I would have had tomorrow too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really appreciate this post! Thank you!
I was considering using the Nutracheck app and have just downloaded it now after seeing your feedback!
Yeah it's well worth the money, so easy to log stuff.

The Holland and Barratt ones are good, they used to be in an orange bottle but not now. Its called multi digestive enzymes.

Reactions: 4
I know meal planning is meant to be really good when you’re trying to lose weight but I find I just waste time doing it, I sat down last Sunday with a load of my recipe books and wrote a meal plan for a whole week then when it gets to the day I don’t fancy what I’ve put down 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else take calories burned with a real side eye? I don’t believe walking around town for an hour has used 700 calories when if I get on a static bike and cycle for 30 minutes, I’ll only use 300.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I never include calories burned in my total for that reason. Then whatever I burn from exercise is a bonus on top.

Reactions: 9
Yeah I never include calories burned in my total for that reason. Then whatever I burn from exercise is a bonus on top.
I do the same. Whatever calories I burn I still stick to my usual calorie limit. Unless I do some proper exercise, earlier in the week I did a 5k run so I did go over my usual limit by 200 as I knew I’d definitely burned more than that on my run.

Reactions: 3
Hello I have the calorie counter app it’s giving me my daily calorie intake of 1200 - but a tdee giving me way more than that, which I know is correct. Can I change it on the app as everyday I feel like I’m failing if I go over 1200 even though I’m not 😩 I just hate seeing it in a minus

Cleaning is my hack for getting exercise and steps in, especially during bad weather.

We have a 4 storey so I’ll vacuum the carpeted stairs and wash the skirting boards as I go. Embarrassing how red I am by the end of it 🥵

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.