Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have challenged myself to do some exercise every day in December as I really struggled to get my head back into it and feel motivated since my wedding and hadn’t been consistent at all. Food is a little bit out of control at this time of year, but I can at least aim to commit to exercise in the meantime. Then I’ll get any extra weight off in January 🤞🏻
I might join you in this December challenge. I’ve struggled for the last few weeks since I came back from holiday

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Guys the weirdest bloody thing happened to me today! So I was talking to my mum about my weight and she asked how much I weigh and I was like “I’ve gone down to 11 stone” and she looked at me and went “you’re not 11 stone” and I was like I think I know how much I weigh hun 😂 Even here I put 11 stone and I’ve been blabbing to everyone for 3 weeks, I’m 11 stone and on a diet

SW: 11 stone 6 pounds
CW: 11 stone
GW for wedding: 10 stone 8 pounds

GW after wedding: 9 stone 8 pounds
But I must have been reading the scales wrong because I’m bloody 10 stone! 😱 (and 1 pound lol) feel like I’m just really thick and got in into my head I was 11! Feel like I’ve lost a whole stone now 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Guys the weirdest bloody thing happened to me today! So I was talking to my mum about my weight and she asked how much I weigh and I was like “I’ve gone down to 11 stone” and she looked at me and went “you’re not 11 stone” and I was like I think I know how much I weigh hun 😂 Even here I put 11 stone and I’ve been blabbing to everyone for 3 weeks, I’m 11 stone and on a diet

But I must have been reading the scales wrong because I’m bloody 10 stone! 😱 (and 1 pound lol) feel like I’m just really thick and got in into my head I was 11! Feel like I’ve lost a whole stone now 😂😂😂
Probably the stress of the wedding coming up!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

So you'll have to put 7 pounds on to reach your wedding goal weight🤔👰💍💒

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning all.

Forgot to weigh myself on Friday. Was feeling really demoted if I'm honest. Hopped on the scales on Saturday and I had lost 2 lbs. Which took me below 15stone (just) for the first time in about a year 😱 And I've lost 10lbs since the end of October so extra pleased about that! Any loss that ends in a 0 or 5 gets a wee reward. This one was the next book in the Lucy Barton series which is currently winging its way to me.

Now just need to keep an eye on next week as I have a Christmas catch up dinner with a friend and my usual Christmas shopping day with nice lunch with Mr Biscuits. But I'm determined to leave this year weighing less than 15 stone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love that you reward yourself with something non food related. My go to would be a food reward 🤦‍♀️.
Well done it’s so nice to get to a new number. It’s weird how 13.13lbs sounds so much better than 14.01lbs but it’s only a couple of pounds difference and going from 13.13lbs to 13.11lbs wouldn't make me feel the same.

• Heart
Morning all.

Forgot to weigh myself on Friday. Was feeling really demoted if I'm honest. Hopped on the scales on Saturday and I had lost 2 lbs. Which took me below 15stone (just) for the first time in about a year 😱 And I've lost 10lbs since the end of October so extra pleased about that! Any loss that ends in a 0 or 5 gets a wee reward. This one was the next book in the Lucy Barton series which is currently winging its way to me.

Now just need to keep an eye on next week as I have a Christmas catch up dinner with a friend and my usual Christmas shopping day with nice lunch with Mr Biscuits. But I'm determined to leave this year weighing less than 15 stone.
Well done!

• Heart
I love the idea of a non-food reward! It would definitely motivate me more, does anyone else reward themselves with items when they hit a goal?

@Raquencha Thank you! Yes, it's odd how the brain celebrates the drop to a new number rather than 2lbs 🤣 More chuffed about that than loosing the weight!

I've yo-yo dieted since I was in my mid 20s and toyed with WW about a decade ago. It was one of the few times I've successfully lost weight and they really pushed non-food related rewards. That time I tapped into a graphic novel series and I would buy the next one each time I hit a goal. This time round I've switched it up a bit. For instance when I hit 15lbs I'm treating myself to a Bloom & Wild order ☺ But when I get to 50 then I'm going on a £50 book buying spree!

• Heart
Hi all me again! I’m back from a 3 week all inclusive holiday on Tuesday and seriously dreading the scales. None of my clothes fit.

No idea what I’ve gained but hoping to get some weight off before Christmas.

Any ideas/advice on what to do?
I have a Fitbit roo

Reactions: 1
Hi all

back joining you again. My head has been a mess about food for a while now- I’m utterly addicted to sugar and also very confused about feeling deprived versus losing weight. Some people are of the opinion that you should do ‘intuitive eating’, but I intuitively want a load of unhealthy crap which is no good for me!

Last year I ate super healthily for a few weeks and it was incredible how amazing I felt. My digestion was great, my skin was better, and I had loads of energy.

As of today I’m starting that again, but with a little chocolate treat every day so I don’t lose my sanity.

Reactions: 5
Hi all

back joining you again. My head has been a mess about food for a while now- I’m utterly addicted to sugar and also very confused about feeling deprived versus losing weight. Some people are of the opinion that you should do ‘intuitive eating’, but I intuitively want a load of unhealthy crap which is no good for me!

Last year I ate super healthily for a few weeks and it was incredible how amazing I felt. My digestion was great, my skin was better, and I had loads of energy.

As of today I’m starting that again, but with a little chocolate treat every day so I don’t lose my sanity.
You pretty much have to go cold turkey with sugar so the chocolate needs to be dark. If you can manage no sugar for 48hrs it will get much easier.

i’ve somehow lost 3lbs in a week by deciding i’m not going to diet and i’m just going to eat what i want, when i want because it’s christmas?! you work that one out 🤣

1/2 lbs lost this week. 5 1/2lbs in total. Not sure how I managed it with all the Christmas food about. I have two meals out this week so just aiming to maintain and limit the damage over Christmas.
I also put my jeggings on and noticed they were a little looser.
I’ve written out some non food treats as well and will pick one when I get to half a stone loss to add some more motivation.

Reactions: 4
Just a PSA for anyone living where it’s too cold to walk/run or too icy to get to the gym..

Our girl has got you:

I did this yesterday (faster tempo and added arm movements/jogging on the spot to make it more challenging) and it wrecked me 🥴

Leslie 4 lyf 😙✌🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just a PSA for anyone living where it’s too cold to walk/run or too icy to get to the gym..

Our girl has got you:

I did this yesterday (faster tempo and added arm movements/jogging on the spot to make it more challenging) and it wrecked me 🥴

Leslie 4 lyf 😙✌🤣
I love these!!!

Any advice on giving up sugar, it is my major vice, couple of bars of chocolate a day, never sugary drinks or sweets, just mainly Chocolate!!!

I have done all the fad diets over the years and the reason i lose on them is the lack of sugar, BUT overall my diet and exercise level is fairly good average 15,000 a day steps.

I just want to be able to turn sugar from a daily 'want and need' to a weekly treat - any tips greatly appreciated!!!

Any advice on giving up sugar, it is my major vice, couple of bars of chocolate a day, never sugary drinks or sweets, just mainly Chocolate!!!

I have done all the fad diets over the years and the reason i lose on them is the lack of sugar, BUT overall my diet and exercise level is fairly good average 15,000 a day steps.

I just want to be able to turn sugar from a daily 'want and need' to a weekly treat - any tips greatly appreciated!!!
Sadly that's where you are going wrong, sugar is highly addictive, you need to be looking at once every 6 weeks because once you hit the sugar, it takes a week to come off it again, then 5 weeks clean, then another week of sugar highs.

Reactions: 1

I think there's some posters on here who have gone sugar free but you basically can't just dip in and out of sugar like that. It's either go cold turkey or manage it. You don't need to give up sugar to lose weight, I eat junk every day and I'm at almost 2 stone lost. If you're craving sugar all through the day you're probably lacking something and your blood sugar needs stabilising.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.