Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would help for you to have a fitness assessment if you can at a local gym. They do a body scan & other tests & it shows what your metabolic rate is & how many calories you need to gain/sustain/lose weight. I’m like you, have dieted for years & years & this has messed up my metabolism! I was shocked to discover I only needed 1100 calories to maintain my weight so getting into a calorie deficit, with exercise, I have to have no more that 1200 per day to lose anything. So you may be eating too many calories (sorry) or eating the wrong thing. I was advised to focus on protein & low sugar. The weight is really coming off now (just need the belly to go!)
Our gym makes us pay £2.00 if we want the full scan by corevue.

I’ve been going to the gym more regularly. Weighed myself after 8 days and i’ve gained 0.1kg 😂 but i can see changes in my body- not going to sweat the small stuff and get down about this.

I want the body I had before the covid pandemic but I’m just not there yet anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Haven’t been on the scales for a couple of weeks (TOTM) and having to remind myself that this heat and the fact I drank 4l of water yesterday will mean fluid retention, and the extra 2kg on the scales is likely fictional 😱

@bellinibobble how was your hen?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haven’t been on the scales for a couple of weeks (TOTM) and having to remind myself that this heat and the fact I drank 4l of water yesterday will mean fluid retention, and the extra 2kg on the scales is likely fictional 😱

@bellinibobble how was your hen?
It was so fun thank you for asking! Although the resulting alcohol and salty food bloat is not the one!! 😂 I’ll be hammering the water today too, thank god it’s cooled down a bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Cheeky weigh in today (official is tomorrow) and I’m at 199.5lbs, first goal was under 200lbs. Stuck at home with covid so did lose my appetite for 1 day but rest of the week has been tracked.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes to the water thing. My sister has apparently gained 2.3kg in less then 12 days since we last weighed her yesterday. Don't think that's even possible lol.

Reactions: 2
Yes to the water thing. My sister has apparently gained 2.3kg in less then 12 days since we last weighed her yesterday. Don't think that's even possible lol.
I can believe it! Between yesterday morning and today I have lost 3.5lbs - just couldn’t stop peeing 🤣 the heat, hormones and eating crap/drinking alcohol at the weekend created a perfect storm!!

My weight has been dropping loads this week. I'm 4lb down since Sunday. No idea how or why but I am not complaining! Buzzing after so long struggling to get below 13st8lb. Maybe this is the "whoosh effect"

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Really didn’t want to go to the gym today, but I did in the end.

I was so annoyed at the music being so loud I couldn’t hear my own stuff.

Bought a triple chocolate sundae 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We went to the Rec.

The ever hopeful Mr D brought a football, of all things. i didn't even know we had a football.

Within the first five minutes, I'd nutmegged him twice and he tried to do a Pele with the result being him flat on his back gasping for air in front of all the dog walkers.

It was a good morning.

• Haha
I’ve lost 8lbs this week, but cannot attribute it to any amazing eating plan. I had a sickness bug and didn’t eat for 36hrs. I know a fair amount will go back on but now my appetite is back I’m trying to pick healthy options and capitalise on this. Normally i just eat crap and it piles back on.
my stress and anxiety has been pretty bad the last few weeks so I’ve only been maintaining but at the same time being this big also gets me really down so hoping that maybe I can get something positive out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been on a weight loss journey for 2 months now. Very different this time as I haven’t weighed myself once. I have about 1 1/2 stone to lose in total but I’m literally just going off how my clothes fit now. I think the best thing I did was deciding not to weigh myself. I don’t know how much I’ve lost but my jeans are so much much loser and massive on the waist. I’m estimating about 10lbs loss. I used to weigh myself daily and got obsessed with the scale, if it didn’t budge I would cry get very upset etc. Now I think what’s the point? I know I’m in a deficit therefore I WILL lose weight. And I have. No more scales for me only progress pictures

Reactions: 10
What kinds of dinners do you eat everyone. This is where I fall down as I’m trying to please all the family.

What kinds of dinners do you eat everyone. This is where I fall down as I’m trying to please all the family.
Most things from Slimming Eats blog. She gives SW/WW and Calorie count if you need them and the food is tasty, Veggie and meat recipes.

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone I’m getting married in 4 weeks and really panicking. I tried my dress on yesterday and it suddenly feels very tight. I reckon I need to lose about half a stone. What are your best tips, should I be ordering one of these juice fast packs that I see online/doing 5:2 etc ? And what is best out of running or walking every day?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi all, I'm back again 🤣
I'm going on a residential with work in September and have a family wedding in October. Determined not to feel uncomfortable so back to calorie counting I go! I want to lose about 4 stone in total so I'm here for a while!

• Heart
Hi everyone I’m getting married in 4 weeks and really panicking. I tried my dress on yesterday and it suddenly feels very tight. I reckon I need to lose about half a stone. What are your best tips, should I be ordering one of these juice fast packs that I see online/doing 5:2 etc ? And what is best out of running or walking every day?
You’ll burn more calories running, but walking is always a good alternative. What do you feel you’ll be able to keep up with ?

I can understand wanting to lose weight, but you could also get the dress altered a bit larger so it wouldn’t be so tight.

With 4 weeks before your wedding maybe just enjoy the the time- eating better and exercising but without the pressure of having to be down 4,6 or 12 lbs.

My mother cooks only one thing. Whoever doesn’t want it has to do their own thing.

I personally just heat up a ready meal in the oven so I know exactly how many calories it contains.

Last edited:
Okay so this has taken me since March so I know it's suuuuper baby steps and a small achievement for most but omg! Very excited and proud of myself! The "goal" mentioned is the first one Nutracheck set for me, so will still have a loooong way to go when I get there, but this makes me feel like maybe I will get there after all 😊

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
not a scale achievement but more a mental one
i’m finally getting to grips with foods that agree with me and those that don’t & the amounts of them i can’t handle
also getting to grips with fullness cues which is leading me to be faaaaar less bloated! i’m going to sleep essentially with a flat tummy today🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.