Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep weigh and measure everything. Prepare all my meals and take to work etc
Hmmm not too sure then. I’ve lost weight before and then haven’t for a while until I’ve mixed up my exercise and diet a bit so maybe try doing a different type of workout and see if it makes any changes?

Im looking for ways to exercise more and incorporate it in my daily routine. I already walk 15.000 steps a day, maybe I will aim for 25.000 steps a day. I also have a rowing machine and hometrainer at home but i feel that I dont burn a lot of calories with these. Do you have tips?

Reactions: 1
Im looking for ways to exercise more and incorporate it in my daily routine. I already walk 15.000 steps a day, maybe I will aim for 25.000 steps a day. I also have a rowing machine and hometrainer at home but i feel that I dont burn a lot of calories with these. Do you have tips?

The rowing machine is brilliant because it works legs, arms, core, back, flexibility and heart/lungs. It's more effort than strolling along, even if you're not actually weighbearing in the process (which can be good to avoid impact related injuries from doing things such as increasing your daily steps by 2/3 overnight...).

What sort of cadence/stroke rate do you have for that? Or what's your 2,000m time? If you're just pootling along for ages watching TV/listening to a relaxing podcast and not really getting your heart rate up, it won't be challenging you as much as doing sprint intervals or whacking up the resistance.

Reactions: 3
Jumping in, as I badly need to shed some pounds and need motivation! I’ve tried all the fad diets and have done OK on Slimming World and Keto in the past, but I need more of a lifestyle change. I’m thinking simple calorie counting will be a good start. Anyone recommend a good app that’s UK focused? (I did Noom a while ago and it was all US products and difficult to use!) I don’t mind paying a small monthly subscription if it’s decent.

Reactions: 2
Jumping in, as I badly need to shed some pounds and need motivation! I’ve tried all the fad diets and have done OK on Slimming World and Keto in the past, but I need more of a lifestyle change. I’m thinking simple calorie counting will be a good start. Anyone recommend a good app that’s UK focused? (I did Noom a while ago and it was all US products and difficult to use!) I don’t mind paying a small monthly subscription if it’s decent.
Lifesum is what I use, but I know a lot of people prefer to pay for nutracheck

I love MyFitnessPal

Reactions: 4
Just got this email summary from Fitbit. Can you see why I’m absolutely losing my nut at the moment? I have never plateaued like this in the entire 18months I’ve been on this journey ☹ And I’m almost a stone above my previous lowest weight.

Got my hen do this weekend and I’m gutted about having to wear a swimming costume to the spa. I should be looking forward to this but I feel so down ☹ Even though my waist measurement is the same as when I was 12lbs lighter.. and I’m fitting into size 12 skinny jeans 🤯🤯 I’m driving myself insane and it’s just not making any sense!!

Attachments

• Heart
Just got this email summary from Fitbit. Can you see why I’m absolutely losing my nut at the moment? I have never plateaued like this in the entire 18months I’ve been on this journey ☹ And I’m almost a stone above my previous lowest weight.

Got my hen do this weekend and I’m gutted about having to wear a swimming costume to the spa. I should be looking forward to this but I feel so down ☹ Even though my waist measurement is the same as when I was 12lbs lighter.. and I’m fitting into size 12 skinny jeans 🤯🤯 I’m driving myself insane and it’s just not making any sense!!
Aren't you just exercising so much and being so active that what would have been size 12 of softness is now size 12 of muscle and strength?

It's not about the numbers on the scale - it's about being fitter, healthier, stronger (and slimmer) - all of which you have clearly achieved.

Bet you would look amazing in a bikini.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

You're stronger, fitter and thinner, ditch the scales and use your clothing as your guide as it is far more relevant to how you look than some arbitrary number on a scale, I'll guarantee you look better now than you did when you were 12lb lighter.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you guys! 😭 very sensible words of course, and sorry for the rant. I’m just feeling frustrated. I do feel good in myself but somethings not quite right as I’m looking at having my wedding dress let out, rather than taken in, which sucks. All over the sake of around 9lbs? I wouldn’t have thought that little weight makes a difference! I would like to avoid any adjustments really so hopefully I get to that point in time, I have three weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
Thank you guys! 😭 very sensible words of course, and sorry for the rant. I’m just feeling frustrated. I do feel good in myself but somethings not quite right as I’m looking at having my wedding dress let out, rather than taken in, which sucks. All over the sake of around 9lbs? I wouldn’t have thought that little weight makes a difference! I would like to avoid any adjustments really so hopefully I get to that point in time, I have three weeks 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Re the swimming cozzie - you’re going to be surrounded by the gals you love and who love you and want you to have an amazing weekend, and celebrate your love and wedding. No one (no one) will be thinking “look at Bellini in that cozzie” - and as has been said above, bet you’ll look banging in it anyway.

have a lovely hen do, you deserve it ♥

• Heart

I'm an expert in abdominal fat. Should be - I've got enough of it.

Fat is squishy and soft and can be compressed down, but muscle is firm and can't. When you first had the dress on and it felt a bit tight, it was just squish, so it's easy to think 'bit of weightloss and that'll be sorted' - but you haven't just got a smaller measurement with the exact same amount of squish, you've got muscle which doesn't squish around your sides and your back, altering your shape and how the dress fits.

Add in that it's really hot and you've been exercising so much, you could be holding a bit of water, you could be premenstrual, a bit bloated due to something you've had to eat and the rest of your body has also changed shape, meaning the entire sweep of your body line has changed - and your dress will be fitting slightly different all over the parts closest to you.

Crash dieting and overexercising in the last couple of weeks will make you feel awful. Don't do it. Making sure that you're well hydrated, having safe ratios of salt/sugar (no water poisoning!), perhaps if dairy or carbs tend to bloat you a little having the same energy intake with more of an emphasis towards protein, fat and vegetables might reduce any bloating aspect. But don't exercise every day - give your body the opportunity to rest; it's normal to be a bit heavier the day after exercise and then for it to decrease again over the next day or two. And whatever happens, the point of the day is that you are marrying the person you love and loves you. He wants you to be happy, not hating on yourself for having a bit of muscle rather than a number on a scale. He knows you're beautiful and amazing - try to see yourself through his eyes; because he's not thinking 'I wish her Fitbit Report said 18.0lb weight loss this morning', is he?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi gang,

after some advice. I feel like I’ve been calorie counting basically my whole life (clearly not very well though!) I put on 4.5 stone when I was pregnant with my daughter and have lost 3ish of it in 2 years. However I’ve been religiously CC since the beginning of the year and I’ve barely shifted anything, I sit at about 1700-1800 calories a day. 12-20k steps a day, 3-4 gym sessions/couch to 5k sessions a week. What am I doing wrong?
I really don’t want to have to fork out £200+ to a online coach or PT but I feel like that’s kind of my only option now as I don’t understand what’s happening!
grateful for any advice!!!
You've possibly developed hypothyroid. I was in the same situation as you, got a blood test from the doctor and am now on medication to treat it. Best of luck!

Hi gang,

after some advice. I feel like I’ve been calorie counting basically my whole life (clearly not very well though!) I put on 4.5 stone when I was pregnant with my daughter and have lost 3ish of it in 2 years. However I’ve been religiously CC since the beginning of the year and I’ve barely shifted anything, I sit at about 1700-1800 calories a day. 12-20k steps a day, 3-4 gym sessions/couch to 5k sessions a week. What am I doing wrong?
I really don’t want to have to fork out £200+ to a online coach or PT but I feel like that’s kind of my only option now as I don’t understand what’s happening!
grateful for any advice!!!
It would help for you to have a fitness assessment if you can at a local gym. They do a body scan & other tests & it shows what your metabolic rate is & how many calories you need to gain/sustain/lose weight. I’m like you, have dieted for years & years & this has messed up my metabolism! I was shocked to discover I only needed 1100 calories to maintain my weight so getting into a calorie deficit, with exercise, I have to have no more that 1200 per day to lose anything. So you may be eating too many calories (sorry) or eating the wrong thing. I was advised to focus on protein & low sugar. The weight is really coming off now (just need the belly to go!)

Has anyone found contraceptive pills can affect their weight loss? I have been absolutely solidly consistent with eating and exercising for the past two weeks, even having covid (going out for walks on quiet routes early/late in the day). I have never struggled this much with making even the tiniest of progress and it’s so disheartening. Being on this medication is the only thing different from last year. Any advice welcome 💜
I personally stopped taking it a few months ago and now I dont snack as much anymore. Cravings are gone but that is the only thing I noticed. But if you are consistent with food as you say that can't be te reason.

Every body is defferent so maybe try and talk about it next time you see your doctor or gynecologist?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.