Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wmg1995

Started my weight loss journey April 2020 at 95kg (I'm 5'9) and got down to 72kg by May 2021, and I've now managed to maintain it for nearly a year (well, I'm 68kg now but that fluctuates every couple of weeks because hormones). I always get spooked when people say "you'll gain it all back" but I just can't see now how I will, as I'm in such a routine of running, weightlifting and eating much better - I feel like a whole new person for it. I do still find it difficult now seeing how much better you get treated by others for being skinnier than I did before, makes you realise how shallow people are!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Cloe

Down another lb! Total loss 10lbs since January 1st! My birthday dinner on Saturday made me gain a pound the next morning but I reckon it was water retention as I stuck to it yesterday and I’m down to 172.2lbs now! Started at 182 lbs so that’s 10lbs!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

smooth_operator33

Chatty Member
feel like i’ve really turned a corner these past few days. my main goal is to better my relationship with my food and this week i’ve genuinely been fully intuitive, listening to my hunger/ fullness cues which has been challenging but nice!
i have been house sitting so usually i’d use the alone time to binge to the max however i just simply haven’t because i have listened to my body and i wasn’t hungry.
feeling proud of myself… next challenge next week: an all inclusive holiday 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Heart

Littleelf

VIP Member
Hubby said i look noticeably slimmer today so I'm taking that as a win! Its things like that that make me feel like its actually working and something is happening, gives me the motivation to keep going!!

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
3.5lb down this week so a fair chunk of the 5lb gain gone 🥳 and I realised I'm back in the overweight section of BMI rather than obese (and yes, I appreciate BMI is totally flawed) it's nice to have my motivation and mojo back.

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Weighed for the first time in weeks today - Lost almost 2kg/4lbs! I am shocked, but also so happy that I actually see some change in the numbers as well, not just how I'm handling uphill walks.

It's not at all a huge loss but I'm still counting it as a big step to where I want to be, as I haven't been cutting anything, just adding walks. It's encouraging 💗

• Heart

Cloe

Well I’m down another 0.5 lbs this week making it 19.5lbs in total since 01/01!

• Heart

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Hi everyone. New to this thread but gone from under 12 stone and a size 12-14 (I'm tall) to 15st 9lb and an 18 (buying a 16 in denail) since the start of 2020.

Spent my entire adult life at around an 18-20 and lost a lot of weight before the pandemic following some therapy. Got a bit stuck in a rut, quite anxious which makes me eat, working from home, and also in a newish, lovely relationship and it's crept back up.

Started doing calorie counting with intermittent fasting (I love food and could easily eat too many calories even fasting 😂) plus swapping my beer and wine habit for something less calorific. Would like to get down to 12 and a half stone. I'm curvy with massive tits so at that weight I'm just buxom rather than fat 🤣.

Thought I'd pop in here to keep myself accountable.

• Heart

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Hey Tattlers! Joining this thread for some motivation! I’m sick and tired of hating the way I look in photos.. Here’s hoping I can drop the extra weight I’m carrying and keep it off long term. 💪🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Do you know what really pisses me off? When I talk about my weight & people go "you're not fat, you're beautiful". The two aren't mutually exclusive, I am fat AND beautiful. And saying I'm not fat doesn't negate it, I'm 5ft7, 13st8lb and size 14/16. I am fat. I'm not afraid to say it. I'm working on being less fat.

(This rant is sponsored by waiting for my TOTM)

5lbs off since last week!

Really happy! I tried really hard and stuck to it apart from one day when I ate too many pastries.

I'm aiming for 3 strength training sessions, 8000 steps a day (averaged across the week) through cardio and walking.

Keeping my carbs under 100g and aiming for lots of protein; around 1500/1600 calories

Hoping I continue to lose! I am a notorious yo yo dieter and was worried I'd wrecked my metabolism by eating not enough calories in the past. This feels much more sustainable.

I do have social events this weekend though, so not expecting a loss next week.

Podcat

Finally down 2lb after a 2 week plateau. Thank god, I've been quite hungry!

A little win this week was not buying all the reduced valentine's desserts when I went in m&s on Tuesday. Well done me 😅

10th Jan start weight: 13 stone 8
Current weight: 12 stone 12

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
I’m going on my first beach holiday in 2.5 years and wearing a bikini - and I don’t feel like a lump in it! I’d ideally like another stone gone, but I feel so much better and confident in my body now than I did last January. Can’t thank you lot enough actually ❤

• Heart

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Small win today. We went out for lunch at work. Normally I’d have the burger and chips instead I had the burger with a side salad (26 cals instead of 270 for the chips). I felt so much better afterwards and no afternoon slump. Only a small win but for me, i was so proud of myself for not caving in and having the chips and over eating, then getting annoyed at myself. But I still enjoyed the lunch loads.

• Heart

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
Hi all, going to join this thread if that's OK! I have two stone to lose (thanks lockdown 2020 lol) not in any mad rush tbh, as long as there is a loss and I feel better in myself I'll be happy! Just getting over Covid and it has now hit the rest of my house so I am setting myself a target of 5K steps per day as the fatigue is real and then i will gradually increase it - walking is the only exercise I like tbh lol. So here goes nothing 🙈 looking forward to seeing everyone's stories on this thread.. going to use them to motivate and inspire me! X