Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Gained back the 2 fucking lbs I lost last week. I give up. Maybe I should just accept im gonna be fat forever. I'm sick if counting calories, counting syns, measuring and weighing and thinking about everything I'm going to eat. It's exhausting.
Not after advice just need to rant and cry

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Pretty chuffed with this past week's progress, particularly as I haven't done as much moving about as I'd have liked due to an injury. My hope is to be close to 10 stone by the end of February with the ultimate goal of being around 9 stone.

Screenshot_20220130-130710_Fitbit.jpg

• Heart

Littleelf

VIP Member
Weighed today 13st 12lbs!!! 5lbs down on last weeks after staying the same for 3 weeks finally some movement!!

I've been walking most days the last week or so and been really strict on snacking ect so looks like it finally paid off 😊

• Heart

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
You can do it! I love to imagine people I’d like to punch while boxing, makes it really cathartic!
I survived! I struggled towards the end of the hour, but I survived! 841 calories burnt!!!! My arms and shoulders are bloody feeling it today.

I also find that doing exercise (even thought I hate it) keeps my food on track. No way am I going to go through that sweaty hell and then ruin it with shit food.

Reactions: 12

Jellybean79

VIP Member
I did my first step class tonight. Managed to keep up with about 90% of it, which I wouldn’t have been able to do this time last year (4 stone heavier). AND I only almost tripped over the step once so that’s a win! 😂

• Heart
Did a Friday afternoon weigh in for a change (day off, woke up late).

I thought the scales had broken.

I'm 7.6 kilos down on January's weight.

• Heart

Podcat

1.5lbs down this week. I think I'm reaping the rewards of being so strict last week, as this week covid has finally visited our house. Not suffering too much but there has been zero walking and lots of treats.

10th Jan start weight: 13 stone 8
Current weight: 12 stone 10.5

Libra screenshot for the chart nerds!

Attachments

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Why is it so hard to fall off the wagon... Weekend was pretty much sedentary for me, apart from house chores and going to a friend's place. Yesterday morning I was running late so I took a cab to work. This morning I walked again and it felt like I was walking for the first time, despite the fact that I walked home after work 😑 The body adjusts to doing fuck all just fine, but it takes a world of effort to get back into the swing of things. Ugh.

• Heart

marjan

Chatty Member
It was my birthday on saturday so the last few days I feel like I ate my weight in cake 😂 No regrets! I'm going back to my healthy eating again today!!

• Heart
How do you all maintain motivation? I could lose half my body weight and still just about be in the low end of healthy for my height and idk if that's why I'm struggling so much. Anyone else got lots of weight to lose and finding you make better choices for a couple of days then fall off the wagon?

I don't make weight loss my focus. I focus upon feeling good, mentally and physically. I eat significantly more calories than some people posting because of the amount of exercise and activity I do, as that makes it possible to continue increasing my activity and exercise levels and performance.

I wouldn't feel it to be a success if I suffered to lose lots of weight quickly, but was weak, breathless, aching and likely to faint if I had to walk 100 yards. I certainly wouldn't feel it to be a success if I did what many women do and found myself having emergency gallbladder removal surgery a few months later because the rapid weightloss had caused massive gallstones to form (it's a very common thing, apparently). There's no point to me of looking thinner whilst flumped on the sofa because I don't have the strength to do anything else but stay there and think about how hungry I was. There's no point having a flatter stomach in a swimsuit if I'm never going to go swimming because I wouldn't be able to manage a length. There's no point being thinner quickly if I'm miserable and stressed or setting off the dormant ED that lurks in my subconscious.

Yes, it takes a very long time to do it this way. But the benefits I have experienced, the ones that already improve my life, are huge - because I cope better with everything physically and, because I have those times where the world disappears and all that's left is me and my body, mentally. I'm comfortable.

And that's what most of us want really, isn't it?

• Heart

thetis

Can I join?

I don't have a deadline or a big goal weight. I want to change my relationship with food.

I've started to take steps since February after a visit to my doctor. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I have no history of diabetes in the family so this is entirely lifestyle related. While I don't have a sweet tooth, I have weakness for junk food, simple carbs and emotional eating. I was worried about giving myself diabetes and having a serious illness for the rest of my life, even though I could prevent it.

Things I've veen doing:
Walking to work instead of taking the bus. Walking more im general.
Not snacking.
Drinking two-three cups of green tea at work. (I also add cinnamon sticks to my green tea because I've heard it balances the blood sugar and prevents craving for sweets.)
Having bread for only one meal a day (usually breakfast).
Reducing the starchy side dishes like rice and pasta and filling up on veggies and salad instead.
Having protein with every meal (I'm not a big meat eater so these are usually eggs or pulses).
Going for lean cuts and grilled/roast meat instead of fried dishes.
Not banning myself from having an indulgent or unhealthy meal. (When I feel like something is off limits, I start to panic as if I'll never get to eat anything I want again.)
If I have junk or fast food, I don't go the whole way. If I have a burger, I'll skip the fries. If I want fries, I'll have them with a salad so my body will still get its vitamins and fibre. If I really want crisps, I'll have them but I'll have a small bowl and try to step away when I've enjoyed my share.
Drinking more water and not eating late at night. I try to be done with eating by eight the latest.

I'm not flawless, I still have "bad" days but I'm trying to be okay with going slow and setting new habits in stone, instead of fixing everything quickly and going back on my bullshit 2 months later. I try to remind myself that nobody will be more affected by my health than me. I'm doing this for myself, I'm accountable for myself. After struggling with food, how I look and how I feel for like two decades, I'm so tired of feeling like a prisoner in my own head. I want to make a change.

I'm taking Vit D supplements, I also took B12 and zinc for a while but stopped as instructed by my doctor. I'm on levothyroxine as medication (hypothyroidism and Hashimotos). I don't want to be put on anything else for insulin resistance, so I want to give it my best effort and prove to myself that I am capable. I struggle with ED as well, so this is taking time.

I've lost 7.5 lbs since February, I won't get new blood tests done until August. I will continue to make good choices and hopefully summer will be easier with the abundance of fresh produce and fruit in season.

Last edited:
  • Heart

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
Hoping it's not too late to join this thread, haven't read through them yet but will do.
I'm just back from a wedding and seeing myself in photos had me in actual tears and I went up to my room early as I felt so self conscious and miserable. I've been fat for what feels like forever and I know im unhappy yet I still eat my feeling away. I've only ever lost weight successfully once, I lost 3 stone in 2019 and was so determined, then my sister died, I was depressed , lockdown, and it all led to me piling it back on plus an extra half stone for good measure.
So here I am at 17 stone 3lbs, 5 ft 9 wanting to lose 6 stone minimum. I'd love to be 10 stone but I've not been that weight since after my first child at 19 and I've had 3 more kids since then 😆
Look forward to reading everyone's journeys and gaining more motivation 🙂

• Heart

Podcat

Another 2lb off this week. My kid has been off school and I haven't been able to get many steps in so I'm pleased with that. Breaking it up into half stone goals is working for me, onto the next!

Current weight: 13 stone 0
10th Jan start weight: 13 stone 8
Goal weight: 11 stone

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Recently went to the doctor and learned that I have insulin resistance. Having absolutely no diabetes history in the family, this is pretty much lifestyle consequences which I brought on myself, but that doesn't make it any more fun. I don't need medication for it at this stage, we have agreed on attempting to control and improve my health by lifestyle change for the next 6 months. I don't want to end up having diabetes just because I haven't found better ways to maintain my emotional hunger. As it's no longer just appearance concern for me, I am more determined. I am only in my early 30s, I have hashimoto's but I take medication for it, so it shouldn't be this much of a struggle. In it for the long haul, finally. He also prescribed vitamin D and b12 supplements, along with a couple stuff for deficiencies. I am really hoping it'll help to sort myself out. I think this brought an explanation to why my blood pressure was higher than my usually quite low results. Anyway, it'll be a slow change but I mean to make it count.

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
3lb down this week on my ongoing yoyo of weight loss. I wish I was one of those people who didn't give an eff about my weight and just carried on living life not giving a sh1t.
I also wish I was one of those people who was naturally slim
Alas, here I am, exhausting myself trying to be slimmer and healthier and fit back into clothes

• Heart
Morning all! Just had my week 1 weigh in and I am down 1.5lbs. Past me would have been extremely disappointed but new me is happy. Slow and steady is the way to go for me.

Food this week averaged at 1850kcal a day: I've had steak, curry, pancakes, hotdogs, fish burger, tacos and crisps and cookies all in moderation. Baked a lemon drizzle with quark and it was surprisingly nice. Didn't let pancake day make me feel guilty, enjoyed my pancakes and moved on. Bought a huge bag of walkers - only had 2 packet this week - I've started a new thing of putting them away in a box and only taking out 2-3 packs for the week and sticking to that. Had one bag Wednesday, and a bag of mini cheddars and a couple of cookies but that was only because I forgot to take my lunch into work so when I came home I inhaled them before dinner. Ended up having 3 packs of mini cheddar this week (the dragons breath cheddar flavour are so good!). Also had 2 small chocolate bars and half a cookie at the weekend.
Steps averaged 12k per day and have been to the gym 4x this week.

Still bloated when I woke up this morning - but expected as I haven't been gluten/wheat free but I'm going to attempt to be this week.

Food plan: dinners are beef curry in slow cooker for tonight, fish brioche burgers again (they were so good) and will serve them with courgette fries (that I'm going to attempt in the air fryer), tuna jacket potatoes, lemon sole goujon and coleslaw, katsu chicken bao buns and furikake fries, jamaican oxtail stew and possibly going out for dinner at some point. Lunches will be mainly veg based sandwiches/wraps/soup. Breakfasts are usually protein shakes or eggs on toast.

Hope everyone has a good week!

• Heart