Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, I'm joining the thread. I've been paying attention to my meals since January now, I've lost about 8lbs and it's going alright. Last week I was a bit lost, ended up having a big packet of crisps after a tit week, and some cake too.

My mum does this with the best of intentions but I wish she wouldn't anyway. She went to the patisserie and bought a few things that she knows I like. She knows I don't want to keep cakes and junk food around yet she still brings me double portions of my favourite cake when she drops by the patisserie herself. It's really hard to be firm with her, as she gets offended/gets her feelings hurt by literally everything. Keeping the pastries until they go off seems like such a waste, but they're currently waiting in my fridge. Good news is that I don't really feel like eating them unless I have a craving. Yogurt and fruits seem to do the trick. Acter I indulged last week, I had a headache for two days afterwards, I definitely didn't feel great. I just wish I could set clear boundaries without people making it about themselves.

Reactions: 3
Hello, I'm joining the thread. I've been paying attention to my meals since January now, I've lost about 8lbs and it's going alright. Last week I was a bit lost, ended up having a big packet of crisps after a tit week, and some cake too.

My mum does this with the best of intentions but I wish she wouldn't anyway. She went to the patisserie and bought a few things that she knows I like. She knows I don't want to keep cakes and junk food around yet she still brings me double portions of my favourite cake when she drops by the patisserie herself. It's really hard to be firm with her, as she gets offended/gets her feelings hurt by literally everything. Keeping the pastries until they go off seems like such a waste, but they're currently waiting in my fridge. Good news is that I don't really feel like eating them unless I have a craving. Yogurt and fruits seem to do the trick. Acter I indulged last week, I had a headache for two days afterwards, I definitely didn't feel great. I just wish I could set clear boundaries without people making it about themselves.
Is there anyone you could share the cake with? Or maybe take to work and offer to a colleague?

Reactions: 1
Hi all. I’m jumping on this thread, I’ve rejoined weight watchers after being at goal for 7 years. Over the course of the pandemic I piled on two stone, now normality is returning I’m ready to get back in the right mind set.

Reactions: 8
not sure if anyone is on a general health journey as well as weight loss but i’m really focusing on my gut health and have been using an app call jolly gut! super helpful:)

Reactions: 7
Im so sick and tired of starting again.

Yet here I am, starting again.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Im so sick and tired of starting again.

Yet here I am, starting again.
Starting is the hardest part. The time will pass anyway, but you have the power to change how you will feel in a month, 6 months or a years time 💪🏼

Reactions: 8
not sure if anyone is on a general health journey as well as weight loss but i’m really focusing on my gut health and have been using an app call jolly gut! super helpful:)
Can you share the improvements you've experienced? I'm mostly focusing on cutting down processed food, refined and added sugar and bread, pasta etc.

Reactions: 2
Can you share the improvements you've experienced? I'm mostly focusing on cutting down processed food, refined and added sugar and bread, pasta etc.
yep! so i’ve significantly reduced my dairy and gluten although i do still eat some here and there. i’ve removed most processed foods and eat whole grains, make sauces myself and ensure i have carbs, fats and proteins at every meal. 3 meals a day and fruit or a healthy alternative to what i’m craving if i get hungry, as a snack.
From this, I am so much less bloated, my digestion is amazing now. I’m less gassy (tmi lol) and i’ve always been a gassy kid haha
my energy levels are amazing too - i always got that 2/3pm slump whereas i just don’t get it now & i work out far more intensely now too
my skin, hair and nails are much healthier
oh and i’ve lost 1.5kg in almost a month
i haven’t counted a single calorie either :)

sorry that was long, i’m just really passionate about it🤣

Reactions: 10
Starting is the hardest part. The time will pass anyway, but you have the power to change how you will feel in a month, 6 months or a years time 💪🏼
That is very true, thank you. I paid a years subscription to Nutracheck at the beginning of February so I should probably get my use out of it!
I’ve also come to realise that I can’t rely on JUST my diet to lose weight, I need to move more too and with the summer now just around the corner and warmer weather I think it’s going to be easier to get out for nice walks with my toddler.
Onwards and upwards!

Reactions: 6
Is Nutracheck significantly better than free MFP? I'm willing to pay if it is, just need to get back into the habit first! As someone said above, sick of starting again and yet seems I'm always starting again.

Is Nutracheck significantly better than free MFP? I'm willing to pay if it is, just need to get back into the habit first! As someone said above, sick of starting again and yet seems I'm always starting again.
Much better. It’s more uk based and I love how you get the little pics too. It’s very accurate and easy to use. They are doing a special deal at the moment. It’s £23.99 for the whole year

Reactions: 3
It’s infinitely better in my opinion! MFP premium I think goes more into macros etc but I don’t pay much attention to those as much as I do calories. Logging wise, I find Nutracheck so much easier to use in terms of interface, it gives you the image of the food so you know you’re logging the right thing, can make meals with ingredients etc.
if you download the app it gives you a 3 or 5 days free trial 😊

I would still use MFP if I couldn’t use Nutracheck, it would just take me a lot longer to log food.

Reactions: 2
I love Nutracheck. Just coming to the end of my years subscription and I’m definitely going to sign up for another year. It’s only this year I’ve actually issued it properly and lost weight 🙃

I've been comfort eating the last couple of days, as my friend died and I'm taking it pretty hard. I braved the scales today and I'm only 0.5lb up so I know if I focus I can pull the rest of the week back. My friend was also on sw and I know he wouldn't want me to give up

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've been comfort eating the last couple of days, as my friend died and I'm taking it pretty hard. I braved the scales today and I'm only 0.5lb up so I know if I focus I can pull the rest of the week back. My friend was also on sw and I know he wouldn't want me to give up
So sorry to hear about your friend ❤

• Heart
Thank you all for the glowing recs for Nutracheck! Definitely going to check it out later today.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry :( please try not to be too hard on yourself - having a hard few weeks is not the same as giving up and if you don't pull it back this week, or next week, or for a while even, that's okay too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just started reading this thread but wanted somewhere to vent!! Need to start clean eating ASAP

Just tried on some size 6 trousers that I wore in 2019 and they dont even zip up anymore :( I'm only a UK 8-10 now so still petite but my body has changed due to comfort eating/binge eating, although I am weight training so do have leg and booty gains (lol). Feeling so upset these trousers don't fit me, even though I am happy in life...body image is hard!!

Coeliac is awful too, I have such a sensitive stomach anything I eat makes me bloated

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.