Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve booked in for a blood test with the GP.

I’ve been calorie counting and either in a deficit of 200 calories (roughly) a day or just at my TDEE calories since before Christmas (well, ish - properly since January started) and I’ve still gained weight. In fact, the only days I’ve lost weight were when I ran over 3 miles the day before. It then goes straight back up a day or two after. Honestly - 164lbs on Tuesday, 162.5lbs on Wednesday when I had the chance to run 6 miles in the evening the night before, 165.8lbs Friday. I use Happy Scale to track my weight daily which gives a change output of your actual average weight and it’s still going up by 0.1 or 0.2 lbs in real terms every day. I’ve cut down snacks and reduced food portions to the point where I’m waking up hungry or waking up at night hungry.

More to the point, my weight has gone from 145lbs at the end of June to 165lbs today. Before this June I was between 140 and 148lbs consistently for about a decade with fluctuations being related to the normal things like holidays and birthdays. Aside from Christmas - I was 160lbs Christmas Eve anyway - I haven’t had any of those to blame it on. I did have a running injury that put me off running for about a month in October but the weight had already started going on months before that and I switched to walking and strength training in the gym so I didn’t stop exercise all together.

Hopefully something comes up in the bloods that can be treated and managed.
If you’re exercising a lot, you could be holding water for muscle repair.

Definitely best to check with your GP though. You shouldn’t be waking up in the night hungry ☹

I'm down -2lb from when I weighed on Monday. Pleased with that but I've got 3 stone to lose and I'd quite like to do a chunk of that fairly quickly. (Not the way for everyone I know but I just can't face losing 1lb a week for almost a whole year.)
I work towards a 2lb weekly loss, it doesn’t always happen like clockwork but it is motivating to see the weight come down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’ve booked in for a blood test with the GP.

I’ve been calorie counting and either in a deficit of 200 calories (roughly) a day or just at my TDEE calories since before Christmas (well, ish - properly since January started) and I’ve still gained weight. In fact, the only days I’ve lost weight were when I ran over 3 miles the day before. It then goes straight back up a day or two after. Honestly - 164lbs on Tuesday, 162.5lbs on Wednesday when I had the chance to run 6 miles in the evening the night before, 165.8lbs Friday. I use Happy Scale to track my weight daily which gives a change output of your actual average weight and it’s still going up by 0.1 or 0.2 lbs in real terms every day. I’ve cut down snacks and reduced food portions to the point where I’m waking up hungry or waking up at night hungry.

More to the point, my weight has gone from 145lbs at the end of June to 165lbs today. Before this June I was between 140 and 148lbs consistently for about a decade with fluctuations being related to the normal things like holidays and birthdays. Aside from Christmas - I was 160lbs Christmas Eve anyway - I haven’t had any of those to blame it on. I did have a running injury that put me off running for about a month in October but the weight had already started going on months before that and I switched to walking and strength training in the gym so I didn’t stop exercise all together.

Hopefully something comes up in the bloods that can be treated and managed.
That sounds so frustrating 😞 hopefully something comes up in the bloods, will they check your hormones? They were the main reason I put on a ton of weight.

Reactions: 3
You've got more chance of keeping the weight off permanently at the 1lb a week rate than starving yourself and dropping quickly. Plus there'll be weeks you lose a but more anyway

I work towards a 2lb weekly loss, it doesn’t always happen like clockwork but it is motivating to see the weight come down.
Yeah I know 1lb a week is the prevailing wisdom but I just don't find it very motivating, I am more in the Michael Mosley camp! Perhaps I'll focus on the first stone as that will take me out of obese into overweight then slow down a bit after that.

I realised I'm drinking 100cals of ribena every day 🙄 I thought everything was sugar free these days! Lesson learned.

REALLY didn't want to, but got up anyway and did my sprints this morning. 6 out of 7 days done this week. I've gone up .5 in speed and have noticed more stamina during the day so it must be doing me some good. :LOL:

Reactions: 7
A nude came up on my time hop from 4 years ago, I used to be so fit 😭 yet I still wasn't happy! Now I'm just fat 🙇🏽‍♀️

Totally agree with how much more motivating it is to see it come off quickly. I am thinking of going back to sw to help get the weight off quicker and then calorie counting to maintain

• Heart
That sounds so frustrating 😞 hopefully something comes up in the bloods, will they check your hormones? They were the main reason I put on a ton of weight.
Yeah, I think they’re doing thyroid and other common hormones that can cause weight retention/gain.

If you’re exercising a lot, you could be holding water for muscle repair.

Definitely best to check with your GP though. You shouldn’t be waking up in the night hungry ☹
A few lbs here and there certainly - 20lbs, definitely not! And it’s definitely fat not muscle as I’ve lost the (small) ab definition I had over the start of summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Week 2 weigh in and down 6lbs so far from 1st Jan. TBH this is a little much and I would like this to slow down to a more sustainable 1/2lbs a week, but I guess I shouldn't complain! Anyone else struggle with eating back their workout calories? I get so anxious that what my device says I'm burning is an overestimation that I'm too scared to eat it back. Do you ladies tend to eat back workouts or leave the deficit?

Reactions: 5
Week 2 weigh in and down 6lbs so far from 1st Jan. TBH this is a little much and I would like this to slow down to a more sustainable 1/2lbs a week, but I guess I shouldn't complain! Anyone else struggle with eating back their workout calories? I get so anxious that what my device says I'm burning is an overestimation that I'm too scared to eat it back. Do you ladies tend to eat back workouts or leave the deficit?
I leave the deficit personally but I think if you increase by 100-200 cals a day it would slow your weight loss to a rate you're more comfortable with?

Reactions: 1
I eat back half what the device claims I've burned

Reactions: 2
I believe the 2lbs a week thing was devised by the companies such as weight watchers, slimming world etc. Their whole business plan revolves around people losing weight slowly to maximise income. Micheal Mosley goes on about this his books. Obviously someone who is already a lowish weight to start with can’t be losing lots every week as it’s not sustainable but people who are overweight most definitely can.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If anyone is looking for some good quick calorie burning weight workouts Caroline Girvans channel on YT is amazing! I love the 20 HIIT dumbell and 15 minute standing Abs workout. I did standing abs and went for an 8k very uphill walk today and my watch and phone (different makes) are saying over 1000kcals burned 🥵

I’ve bought nutritional yeast, not used it yet but I know it’s used as a cheese substitute for vegan sauces and pasta and stuff, I will report back when I’ve used it but that might be worth a try?
Mmm..., love a bit of nooch. Closest I can describe it tastewise is like a very mild powdered Marmite. Works really well on salads.

I swear I’m slimmer around my tummy already- my jeans were more comfortable today and I feel a touch streamlined.

Got a nice dinner planned of lemon and thyme roasted potatoes along with honey smoked salmon flakes, kale, avocado and salad.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Mmm..., love a bit of nooch. Closest I can describe it tastewise is like a very mild powdered Marmite. Works really well on salads.
Yes!!! I had it in polenta and then on some kale the next day, it was sooooo good! I will defo try it on salad as well, thanks for the tip 😁

My friend has given me some resistance bands but I've no idea what to do with them
Oooh I’m sure I’ve typed out my resistance band workout on a previous thread - I did these for a good while last year when the gyms were closed. I’ll see if I can find it?

• Heart
I’m in New York atm so enjoying myself, but also the 25k + steps a day I’m sure will cancel out the calories 🤣

Stable weight this morning.

Dragged Mr D out to a Garden Centre as punishment for forgetting my birthday and then went to a Sainsbury's in that much, much wealthier area.

Got some GF frozen stuff - including chips - which makes me feel a lot better about food this week, along with a load of Turkey breast, prawns and the like to stick in the freezer. Oh, and a 5kg bag of sushi rice, which should last around 2-3 months and save a load of money compared to the little boxes available round here.

Turkey and potato curry tonight - the advantage of being taught by a mate (whose parents worked all hours running their shop whilst she cooked for her siblings after school) how to cook when we were 15 is that I've never liked the creamy, full of dairy, sugar and fat sauces and tons of extras, so that means it's pretty much a free for all in terms of quantity. I'd actually be happy with them being meat free, but Mr D is very definitely a meat curry person, so we negotiated a meat +at least one vegetable not counting tomato, chilli, onion, garlic and ginger truce.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hoping I haven't blown it too much, was my neices 1st bday today so party food, I did have some but I tried not to have a ton of it, didn't want to not have anything cause then I feel like I'd have binged later

On the plus side, my bro made the cake so I had no cake 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.