Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone swapped out cheese for the dairy free/vegan cheese? Do you notice a difference when used in meals?

My mum thinks she's lactose intolerant, every time she has cheese or milk her bowels play up, however the new cook book I have just about every 3rd page includes cheese in it, I really want to be trying all these new recipes as am sick an tired of eating the same meals over an over again an they also give you all the calories they are as well as other things like carbs etc but obviously I'll need to get cheese that she can have, would it make a strong difference in these meals? Some of them don't require much cheese in them
There are not many vegan cheeses that really taste like cheese, you have to try them to see which you like,
I’ve bought nutritional yeast, not used it yet but I know it’s used as a cheese substitute for vegan sauces and pasta and stuff, I will report back when I’ve used it but that might be worth a try?
I use it quite a bit but there is no way you would mistake it for cheese, more of a savoury flavouring. There is a company that make a cheese and a bacon flavoured one which I like but they are far more expensive than plain nutritional yeast, will post the link for them.

Edit - this is it, you can often get a code for it - think the last one was 10% off. https://notoriousnooch.co/products/nooch

Question for renpho scale users (or just anyone with more brains than me)! I’m starting back on Monday, bought myself renpho scales to be able to see the likes of BMI and my age, even if they aren’t fully accurate. I’ve set my app to stones and pounds as I’d rather that than the kgs on the scales.

If my reading was, for example, 15:6.2 stone:lbs would it be 15 stone 6lbs? I want to input it into Nutracheck too but just want to make sure I’m reading it right🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
Question for renpho scale users (or just anyone with more brains than me)! I’m starting back on Monday, bought myself renpho scales to be able to see the likes of BMI and my age, even if they aren’t fully accurate. I’ve set my app to stones and pounds as I’d rather that than the kgs on the scales.

If my reading was, for example, 15:6.2 stone:lbs would it be 15 stone 6lbs? I want to input it into Nutracheck too but just want to make sure I’m reading it right🤣🤣
I don't have Renpho scales but I imagine that would be 15 stone, 6.2lbs. You can add the .2 in Nutracheck too :)

Reactions: 3
I would have fallen off the wagon today with steak, eggs, GF chips, more GF chips, maybe some more GF chips and some sort of dessert in lieu of a cake with a candle on but somebody has clearly forgotten what day it is.

I'm having tomato soup and going to bed.

Maybe I'm being mean, but I'm going to wait for him to realise or tell him tomorrow.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I would have fallen off the wagon today with steak, eggs, GF chips, more GF chips, maybe some more GF chips and some sort of dessert in lieu of a cake with a candle on but somebody has clearly forgotten what day it is.

I'm having tomato soup and going to bed.

Maybe I'm being mean, but I'm going to wait for him to realise or tell him tomorrow.
Oh no. Naughty Mr Dragon. Hopefully he has a lovely surprise for you.
Happy Birthday 🎂 xx

Reactions: 2
Wanted a lazy day today as I'm really tired after being up at 5am with baby boy. But stayed well within my calorie deficit and drank plenty of water so I'm taking it as a win

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yesterday’s food:

banana with a mini pancake
Creme egg
Nakd bar
Tuna salad and pitta bread
Sweet potato fries, salmon fillet, avocado and baby tomatoes
Banana with Greek yogurt

the scales say I’ve put weight on!! Yet I’m not eating my usual cheesy pasta crap and sugary cereal. I’m confused.

Reactions: 3
Yesterday’s food:

banana with a mini pancake
Creme egg
Nakd bar
Tuna salad and pitta bread
Sweet potato fries, salmon fillet, avocado and baby tomatoes
Banana with Greek yogurt

the scales say I’ve put weight on!! Yet I’m not eating my usual cheesy pasta crap and sugary cereal. I’m confused.
Scales can fluctuate daily, keep going and you'll see results

Reactions: 5
First day weighing.
14stone 2lbs - heaviest of my life
It should have worse but we’ve had a sickness this week so haven’t eaten much for two days.

I have written out a meal plan for the week so off I go. Exercise plan will have to wait a week as I’m still shattered from being up all night with sick children.

Reactions: 11
First wobble of the year yesterday.

Hubby tested positive - he has heart failure, kidney problems and diabetes so is higher risk than most. So I went on a major stress, didn't eat all day till I got home from work and smashed in a chicken kebab.

Logged in on Nutracheck - 409 cals.... I logged 2 just incase!!!!! How the hell can a chicken kebab with a pitta bread be so low?

Anyway, since I didn't eat anything else all day I guess I was in deficit, just not terribly healthy!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Yay, I’ve lost 2 pounds this week! Probably was Christmas bloat but I’m happy. I’ve got a goal in mind, but to be honest I mainly want to fit back in my jeans and clothes more comfortably. I also want to feel more comfortable in summer clothes, the last few years I’ve felt terrible, so hopefully starting in January is a good time to start 🤣

Im having some wine tonight! 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
269lb today. Plan for next week is to have my planned breakfast every day (rather than pastries from tesco!) and exercise for ten mins every day. Need to start somewhere!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lost another 1lb so I’m 2lbs down since New Year! I’ve been feeling run down and a bit ill today so really happy I haven’t eaten loads of rubbish to cheer myself up.

I have a weekend full of kids parties so I need willpower of steel to keep away from the party food!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have 600 calories left for the day but I don't fancy anything 😭 plus need to go food shopping so don't have loads in

Reactions: 1
I don’t know if I’ve been living under a rock for the past year or what but.. been eating lots of Greek style yoghurt in sauces, overnight oats etc and for dipping.

On Monday in Aldi, I discover that alongside their fat free style Greek yoghurt, they have actual fat free Greek yoghurt. 10 grams of protein in 100g of yoghurt and 62 calories 😱😱 the one I’ve usually bought only has 4.9 grams of protein for the same amount of calories. We bought two buckets. Actually amazing 😂 it’s been delicious with a swirl of frozen berries (microwaved to defrost), a drizzle of honey and some almonds.

Don’t know where I’ve been but ah well! Always learning every week! 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm down -2lb from when I weighed on Monday. Pleased with that but I've got 3 stone to lose and I'd quite like to do a chunk of that fairly quickly. (Not the way for everyone I know but I just can't face losing 1lb a week for almost a whole year.)

Reactions: 7
I'm down -2lb from when I weighed on Monday. Pleased with that but I've got 3 stone to lose and I'd quite like to do a chunk of that fairly quickly. (Not the way for everyone I know but I just can't face losing 1lb a week for almost a whole year.)
You've got more chance of keeping the weight off permanently at the 1lb a week rate than starving yourself and dropping quickly. Plus there'll be weeks you lose a but more anyway

Reactions: 4
Week 2: -1.75. Was hoping to see a bigger loss this week as I thought there may still be a chunk of xmas weight to come off but still pleased it’s heading in the right direction. I’ve walked 72 miles since Jan 1st and signed up to a step class on monday, which may well kill me 😂

Reactions: 5
I’ve booked in for a blood test with the GP.

I’ve been calorie counting and either in a deficit of 200 calories (roughly) a day or just at my TDEE calories since before Christmas (well, ish - properly since January started) and I’ve still gained weight. In fact, the only days I’ve lost weight were when I ran over 3 miles the day before. It then goes straight back up a day or two after. Honestly - 164lbs on Tuesday, 162.5lbs on Wednesday when I had the chance to run 6 miles in the evening the night before, 165.8lbs Friday. I use Happy Scale to track my weight daily which gives a change output of your actual average weight and it’s still going up by 0.1 or 0.2 lbs in real terms every day. I’ve cut down snacks and reduced food portions to the point where I’m waking up hungry or waking up at night hungry.

More to the point, my weight has gone from 145lbs at the end of June to 165lbs today. Before this June I was between 140 and 148lbs consistently for about a decade with fluctuations being related to the normal things like holidays and birthdays. Aside from Christmas - I was 160lbs Christmas Eve anyway - I haven’t had any of those to blame it on. I did have a running injury that put me off running for about a month in October but the weight had already started going on months before that and I switched to walking and strength training in the gym so I didn’t stop exercise all together.

Hopefully something comes up in the bloods that can be treated and managed.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.