Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying very hard not to eat a shitload after having a totally bleeping tit day. Just going to cry in bed instead I think and not do any exercise.
Sorry you've had a rubbish day, could you make yourself a low cal treat? Like options hot chocolate with low fat squirty cream? Or some popcorn?

Reactions: 2
Sorry you've had a rubbish day, could you make yourself a low cal treat? Like options hot chocolate with low fat squirty cream? Or some popcorn?
I could do. I don’t fancy it much now tbh. I feel like I just want to go to bed haha. It’s been a difficult day not helped with my kid kicking off at bath and bedtime, then screaming at me that she’s hungry (that would be because you refused your dinner, kid).

• Heart
Yep kids can push you, normally all the way to the biscuit tin in my case. Deep breath, write this one off. Tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: 3
Yep kids can push you, normally all the way to the biscuit tin in my case. Deep breath, write this one off. Tomorrow is another day.
It’s so hard! Obviously it’s the holidays and I just can’t entertain her the way her preschool did. I don’t have the money to be going out all the time so some days do have to be at home but omg! She won’t leave me alone and it’s really hard!

• Heart
9lb weight loss this month, a total of 44lb loss so far.

I need to start doing some ab and arm workouts but I’m struggling with motivation exercise wise 😩

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
It’s so hard! Obviously it’s the holidays and I just can’t entertain her the way her preschool did. I don’t have the money to be going out all the time so some days do have to be at home but omg! She won’t leave me alone and it’s really hard!
Totally feel for you. My eldest is a koala baby and still is as a child. She currently sitting next to me holding my hair. I can’t go to the loo alone, follows me round the house, asks me what she should play with. She’s a bit better now she’s 5 but it is exhausting. Sometimes when the OH comes home I just go for a walk round the block alone just for 5 mins and sneak out when he’s entertaining her.
Now we have two they tend to entertain each other but for the first 3 years it was pretty intense and draining.

I'm just sticking my head in hear briefly, but I think there was a poster who made porridge with cream and honey that kept them full most of the day - could you post your how you make this please?

I'm just sticking my head in hear briefly, but I think there was a poster who made porridge with cream and honey that kept them full most of the day - could you post your how you make this please?
Thats me, I don't really have a recipe, I just dump oats in the pan, add half milk half water until it looks about right, heat it until its cooked then serve with (single) cream and golden syrup but honey is probably healthier. Sorry I can't be more helpful but it's one of those things that I don't really think about making. I will say though that it's a big helping, way more than the 40g serving size. I probably use up half my calories on it but it stops me nibbling during the day. Also won't work for everyone but it's one of those strategies we can try once and know if it's going to work for us. You could drop the cream and add a banana instead if it makes you feel better although I don't really add much, thats more habit from porridge being my hangover cure back in the day. I've also lately taken to cutting up a pineapple, galia melon and cantelopue and leaving in a big bowl in the fridge aswell as a dry coleslawy thing, just basically white cabbage, red cabbage, grated carrot, beetroot and a bit of grated apple. I'm just eating for the sake of it at the moment so having to find strategies to manage that as I'm on earlies, porridge is when I'm on lates, find it much easier to manage my nibbling on lates. I think it's because when I'm on earlies it's too early for me to really eat much so I never have that full feeling, I just graze all day whereas on lates I eat my porridge and walk out the door stuffed.

• Heart
Ok, I’ve ordered a new (smaller!) pair of leggings and T-shirt’s which will be here tomorrow and I will finally get my butt in gear and start upping the exercise! I am losing weight but not toning up and I’m hating the flabby arms and stomach 😩
Time to stop making excuses!

Reactions: 7
*peaks head out and waves*

I’ve just been to the gym for the first time in two years. I signed up today and booked my induction for tonight so I couldn’t wimp out. A baby, breastfeeding and a pandemic later and I am UN-FIT. Please tell me this gets better?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
*peaks head out and waves*

I’ve just been to the gym for the first time in two years. I signed up today and booked my induction for tonight so I couldn’t wimp out. A baby, breastfeeding and a pandemic later and I am UN-FIT. Please tell me this gets better?!
Well done!! Yes. It does get better !
I started working out from home and while I’m still struggling with weight loss, I am SO much fitter.

Reactions: 1
Thats me, I don't really have a recipe, I just dump oats in the pan, add half milk half water until it looks about right, heat it until its cooked then serve with (single) cream and golden syrup but honey is probably healthier. Sorry I can't be more helpful but it's one of those things that I don't really think about making. I will say though that it's a big helping, way more than the 40g serving size. I probably use up half my calories on it but it stops me nibbling during the day. Also won't work for everyone but it's one of those strategies we can try once and know if it's going to work for us. You could drop the cream and add a banana instead if it makes you feel better although I don't really add much, thats more habit from porridge being my hangover cure back in the day. I've also lately taken to cutting up a pineapple, galia melon and cantelopue and leaving in a big bowl in the fridge aswell as a dry coleslawy thing, just basically white cabbage, red cabbage, grated carrot, beetroot and a bit of grated apple. I'm just eating for the sake of it at the moment so having to find strategies to manage that as I'm on earlies, porridge is when I'm on lates, find it much easier to manage my nibbling on lates. I think it's because when I'm on earlies it's too early for me to really eat much so I never have that full feeling, I just graze all day whereas on lates I eat my porridge and walk out the door stuffed.
Thank you! I’m going to give it a go 😊 I tend to graze too if I don’t have something decent in the morning to set me up!

Reactions: 1
For all of you who think they've broken libra, check out mine today 😂😂 (mine does this all the time, especially around my period when my weight fluctuates massively)

Screenshot_20210729_071716.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone got the fitness chefs cook books and would recommend? Started following him on Instagram and he talks a lot of sense.

Has anyone got the fitness chefs cook books and would recommend? Started following him on Instagram and he talks a lot of sense.
I haven’t got the book but love his insta! No bullshit but he’s not overly rude about stuff either. He’s been on a few podcasts I enjoyed, they’re worth searching out.
Don’t know if I’d buy the recipe books because I have learned all the changes to make over the past few months. Might be good if you’re just starting out, otherwise I’m not sure how much you’d learn from them in isolation?

All I can say is ridding yourself of sugar and gluten from your diet with some moderate exercise (like walking for an hour every day) will do most people wonders. I had to make changes to my diet earlier this year and I lost about 10 kg in 5 months.

Maybe people tend to focus more on exercise than the actual food that you put into your body. I think getting the food right with lots of vegetables every day and all the food groups covered really helped me.

I am now on a macrobiotic diet which is no sugar, no gluten, no dairy and no meat. This is too strict for most people but if you almost eliminate sugar and gluten I think you will see some changes!

All I can say is ridding yourself of sugar and gluten from your diet with some moderate exercise (like walking for an hour every day) will do most people wonders. I had to make changes to my diet earlier this year and I lost about 10 kg in 5 months.

Maybe people tend to focus more on exercise than the actual food that you put into your body. I think getting the food right with lots of vegetables every day and all the food groups covered really helped me.

I am now on a macrobiotic diet which is no sugar, no gluten, no dairy and no meat. This is too strict for most people but if you almost eliminate sugar and gluten I think you will see some changes!
Just curious, for those of us who don't have a gluten intolerance, why would we cut out gluten?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.