Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with @Burrito88. My hairdresser said a few months back that every. single. client. she'd seen so far had put on weight (including herself). Sounds like you're on the right track, keep up the progress!

Honesty post:

What a week. o_O Had a crazy deadline dropped on me at work that meant I was hunched over my computer for 12+ hours a day. Between that and the heat I did NO exercise and ate all the bread and ice cream. 😬

It's the first time since I started (6+ months ago) that I've had a significant break. I did really enjoy it, and it gave my stressed body a boost. But at the same time it was a good reminder that it wasn't how I wanted to live post-diet, using junky carbs for a temp boost. Fully back on it yesterday. No regrets, and should hopefully still be on track for my end of month target. ☺

Reactions: 8
Week 29. Had a week completely off the diet after doing it for over 6 months. Was struggling a bit with motivation leading up to it so needed to get it out of my system and kick start the next chapter. Had lots of meals out, and ate whatever I wanted. On reflection, I can’t say I enjoyed all of it, and i’ve not felt great all week as a consequence. Also put on 7.25lb 😂. I know not all of that is actual weight and it’ll come back off again pretty quickly hopefully.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Week 29. Had a week completely off the diet after doing it for over 6 months. Was struggling a bit with motivation leading up to it so needed to get it out of my system and kick start the next chapter. Had lots of meals out, and ate whatever I wanted. On reflection, I can’t say I enjoyed all of it, and i’ve not felt great all week as a consequence. Also put on 7.25lb 😂. I know not all of that is actual weight and it’ll come back off again pretty quickly hopefully.
Twinning! 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lost a heady half pound over the week. Not too shabby, considering nigh-on zero movement other than physio since last Sunday and TOTM started this morning.

Meh. Still, I was asleep before 10pm and correspondingly wide awake by half five this morning. Which is weird, but OK.

I definitely need to do some exercise today, though. I'm feeling very achey and not flexible at all.

OK, gym done, very long, hot bath done and Mr D has been dispatched to the shop for food for tonight.

Slow Cooker Chilli - onion, garlic, lean mince, tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, possibly courgettes for some obligatory veg, tomatoes and avocado/lime/onion/coriander - with rice tonight and with jacket spud (or sweet potato, depending upon what's in the shop) tomorrow.

And I'm going to neck a couple of paracetamol and busy myself with being hormonal and whingey for the rest of the day.

You know, I really resent my PE teachers at school for being right about exercise easing cramps. Felt much better in the gym and they're only starting now three hours later. Going to see if I can blag a lower back massage out of him later, though, because this still feels tit.

OK, gym done, very long, hot bath done and Mr D has been dispatched to the shop for food for tonight.

Slow Cooker Chilli - onion, garlic, lean mince, tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, possibly courgettes for some obligatory veg, tomatoes and avocado/lime/onion/coriander - with rice tonight and with jacket spud (or sweet potato, depending upon what's in the shop) tomorrow.

And I'm going to neck a couple of paracetamol and busy myself with being hormonal and whingey for the rest of the day.

You know, I really resent my PE teachers at school for being right about exercise easing cramps. Felt much better in the gym and they're only starting now three hours later. Going to see if I can blag a lower back massage out of him later, though, because this still feels tit.
I use a tennis ball, if I lay on the bed and roll the ball under my bum and then turn on my side and roll it around underneath my hip bone, it really helps, can't take the pain on a hard floor but the mattress takes enough of the pain without feeling like it's a waste of time

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Week 22: -4lbs
Total loss: 57lbs

1.5lbs away from being a healthy bmi after starting in the obese range.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Week 22: -4lbs
Total loss: 57lbs

1.5lbs away from being a healthy bmi after starting in the obese range.
Amazing, so happy for you ❤

ETA: Looking forward to getting back on the wagon tomorrow and participating in the thread again!

• Heart
Back to my lowest weight 🥳 now to keep the weight going down. Would love to be in a new stone zone by the end of August, which requires a 4lb loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I lost half a lb this week which usually I’d think is rubbish but after I gained 5 lbs overnight randomly and it didn’t go off again, I’ve also been the exact same weight very day, to the ounce, for over a fortnight…even when I had a take away or whatever. Really feels like my body is working against me atm. Focusing on losing the next 2 lbs, then it’s a stone to my goal 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Another 2.5lbs up today. Fed up of this tbh. It's not water weight. You don't just keep gaining water weight.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Another 2.5lbs up today. Fed up of this tbh. It's not water weight. You don't just keep gaining water weight.
Have you had your thyroid checked with the GP? Not on any medication that causes weight gain, or any conditions where weight gain is a side effect eg PCOS. (Not expecting you to answer me, just things to consider)
TDEE calculated correctly? Following your weight loss plan correctly?

Reactions: 1
At my lowest weight on Friday woohoo!! But had a very heavy weekend and it's both mine and bf's birthdays this week which means lots of food and drink of course... so not expecting the scales to stay as low!!

5.2lbs away from my second target

• Heart
Reactions: 8

'More than 40% of adults in England have gained weight during the pandemic, a survey suggests, with the average gain being half a stone (just over 3kg).'
Not us though 😏
Makes the thread’s achievement even more impressive when you consider what we’ve been through in the last 18 months.

• Heart
Oh hello thread people 👋 I love that this is here. After a bad bad 18 months and the worst few months just passed, I am the heaviest I’ve been in such a long long time. I haven’t weighed in yet but will be doing that Thursday morning (and every morning for the foreseeable) I love how supportive everyone is on here, makes a change as people around me tell me I’m fine the way I am or being super awkward with me because I will go back and weigh my food. Because I don’t want a takeaway. Usual culprits lol

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have you had your thyroid checked with the GP? Not on any medication that causes weight gain, or any conditions where weight gain is a side effect eg PCOS. (Not expecting you to answer me, just things to consider)
TDEE calculated correctly? Following your weight loss plan correctly?
It was mentioned about a decade ago when I was in my early twenties that my blood test looked likely to indicate PCOS; but because I was so young at the time the GP dismissed it completely and I never got any further confirmation or discussion on it. I've had my thyroid checked a few years ago, my Dad's was over active so he had it removed but that would cause weight loss not gain IIRC.

I'm going to give calorie counting another good shot and then if it's still not working in a month or so I'll go back to the GP.

• Heart
Trying very hard not to eat a shitload after having a totally bleeping tit day. Just going to cry in bed instead I think and not do any exercise.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Trying very hard not to eat a shitload after having a totally bleeping tit day. Just going to cry in bed instead I think and not do any exercise.
Oh no 🙁 sorry you had a bad day! Look after yourself lovely xx

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.