Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to go to the gym. It has air conditioning.

However, it's ten million degrees out there and it's an entire half mile to walk.

I am going to have another shower instead and may rethink later today.

Reactions: 5
Hey, can I join the thread? I finally hit the ‘overweight’ range after losing 41lbs so far. I gained 100lbs last year after getting ill and being put on meds that messed with my thyroid.

Once this heat buggers off I plan to do couch to 5k to get me running again. I used to run 10k a day a few years ago! I also want to get into swimming when I feel more confident to wear a costume and I plan on going back to HITT classes at the local trampoline park. I have another 4st to go so I need to up the exercise now as I’ve just been walking mainly and I’m bored of it to be honest!

sending cooling vibes to everyone, this heat is awful 🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hey, can I join the thread? I finally hit the ‘overweight’ range after losing 41lbs so far. I gained 100lbs last year after getting ill and being put on meds that messed with my thyroid.

Once this heat buggers off I plan to do couch to 5k to get me running again. I used to run 10k a day a few years ago! I also want to get into swimming when I feel more confident to wear a costume and I plan on going back to HITT classes at the local trampoline park. I have another 4st to go so I need to up the exercise now as I’ve just been walking mainly and I’m bored of it to be honest!

sending cooling vibes to everyone, this heat is awful 🥵
41 lbs is incredible achievement!!! Congrats on your loss so far ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone tried Team RH? Considering joining myself. I’m desperate at this point
Please read the team rh thread here! And look at the trust pilot reviews. It doesn't come well recommended - their app sometimes doesn't work, and there is nothing you can't do with free myfitnesspal or nutracheck anyway. And they don't make it clear you are signing up for 12 months with no cancellation option (very iffy legally IMO) There are some alternatives on the team rh thread.

Reactions: 6
Forgot to add my week 3 weigh in, only a pound loss this week but I did have a pub lunch at the weekend.

This week will be testing as I’ve got a few stressful things coming up but I’m determined not to pig out. Thankfully I don’t have much appetite in this heat 🥵

Reactions: 6
Yay! Someone I work with who I haven’t seen for around a year commented on my weight loss!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
[/ don’t bother with it - app doesn’t work and you can keep track on my fitness easier! I used it and
it is useless - app doesn’t work most of the time and when you try to get out of it they are a nightmare to get hold of. Think a few others experienced the same thing - don’t waste your time with it

Had good and bad today.

Bad was a snail's pace bus journey back home for over an hour with a malfunctioning aircon unit blowing out hot air.

Good was the utter enthusiasm, excitement, even, shown by the physio for what I've been doing at the appointment.

Been feeling queasy ever since I finally got back and Mr D has been hogging the fan upstairs. And my Factor 50 doesn't seem to have been quite enough, as I'm feeling a little tight around my eyes despite wearing very dark sunglasses all the way, so I think despite all the claims, it wasn't as sweatproof as it could have been. Or it's always going to happen with my pasty, freckled skin and the most ridiculous weather we get in the UK.

Not sure if I will have lost anything this week due to doing my damndest to not move at all unless absolutely necessary, but a cheap old T shirt dress that used to be skin tight and only decent to wear as a long T shirt under something else due to the severe cling is currently loose. Eventually, I'll either wake up and decide I want to go to the gym badly enough to actually get off my arse and go there before I log in for work, or go in the evening/night. Although the more likely result will be that the weather breaks first.

Looks like we're about to get some nice thunder/lightning/storm/downpour now - I check on lightning maps regularly and will often be sat here in summer, swearing at the lucky bastards a couple of miles away who are getting all the lovely cool, wet stuff.

Reactions: 4
Well I dropped my scales on the bathroom floor and it shattered to pieces. Can't help reading into it as an omen as I've been living off sandwiches and crisps in this heat 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Up 5.5lbs since the wedding which was at the start of July. This is what really annoys me about my weight - the second I stop meticulously counting calories, I gain at an incredible rate. I've not changed my exercise habits (still running 3 - 4 times a week, half marathon training so most runs over 6 miles and weight training at least once a week, very active job walking around all the time) and whilst the week after the wedding was a bit of a boozy, eating out affair because we were on our 'minimoon', it certainly wasn't inactive and I don't think I ate *that* much more than I would have the week before. Definitely not enough to put on 5, nearly 6lbs.

Going to have a try at IIFYM - any recommendations for good apps? I normally use MFP but it's £80 a year to get it to do IIFYM, I don't mind paying a little bit a month but I don't want to be paying more than a few quid.

Reactions: 3
I wiouldn't panic too much about the 5lb just yet, wait until the weather cools a bit, also best to weigh yourself at the same point in your cycle for comparision.

Reactions: 1
Sorry for the waffle but I read about a specific calorie calculator on one of these threads. Now I cannot remember what it was called 🤦‍♀️ Something Estimated Something Calculator? I liked it as it suggested I needed 2000 calories a day to lose weight instead of MFP's usual 1200 for everyone.

Sorry for the waffle but I read about a specific calorie calculator on one of these threads. Now I cannot remember what it was called 🤦‍♀️ Something Estimated Something Calculator? I liked it as it suggested I needed 2000 calories a day to lose weight instead of MFP's usual 1200 for everyone.
Google TDEE and it'll come up

@takhana I wouldn’t worry about 5/6lbs, the hot weather and hormones/TOTM could quite easily account for the majority of that ❤
TDEE calculator?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.