Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to have a try at IIFYM - any recommendations for good apps? I normally use MFP but it's £80 a year to get it to do IIFYM, I don't mind paying a little bit a month but I don't want to be paying more than a few quid.
I do macros and use the free MFP. It's not 100% accurate but close enough, I find the nutrients tab to be the best way to check the numbers, you can adjust %s to get pretty close. I can't bear to pay for an app 😂

Reactions: 3
Joining this thread. I've started a 6 week healthy eating and fitness plan after gaining "the covid lbs" and have never felt as motivated to do exercise! Check in day is Monday, I'll let ye know how I get on.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@takhana definitely wait until the heat passes. I tend to retain water and swell up. Also, could that just been food and water weight? What about TOTM? It’s very normal to fluctuate by that much sometimes. Just go back to what you were doing and give it a week or two and you may see the scale suddenly change.

Hey there! I’m 30 and I’m finding it really hard to lose weight compared to when I was 23/24... is this normal?

Also...Anyone have any tips for constipation? Sorry if people think it’s a gross question lol

Reactions: 4
Hey there! I’m 30 and I’m finding it really hard to lose weight compared to when I was 23/24... is this normal?

Also...Anyone have any tips for constipation? Sorry if people think it’s a gross question lol
I put my weight on in mid life and lost 5st when I was 50 + at about 1.5lbs a week so my age was not a problem.

Reactions: 2

41 and lost 3 stone. Slow here, about 1lb a week but I didn't gain it overnight so it's not going to come off overnight either. Slow and steady!

And constipation. I had it so bad when I first started trying to lose weight. I tried flaxseeds on my breakfast (didn't really help), fybogel (OK but tastes a bit grim) then I switched to drinking coffee instead of tea and that sorted me right out.

Lost 1lb this week, actually surprised I lost because of some of the foods I ate but I guess it shows calorie counting works if it’s all accounted for.

This is the lowest weight I’ve logged on nutracheck and another 1lb puts me at a stone loss, although it won’t be a stone since I started this time round (3lbs for that) if that makes sense. Also another 5lbs puts me in the next stone zone so going to use that to try and keep me on track as we’re out this morning and then this evening.

re constipation- increase your water intake and gradually add more foods such as pears/plums/ apples and fibrous vegetables/pulses and legumes. Try and eat less white and more whole grain carbs. Oh, and general increase of daily activity such as walking should help too.

I weighed this morning and im 13.2 :( so that is up 2.6lb.
Weight goes on SO quickly for me. It is just so bloody unfair. I’ve done my exercise for 5-6 days a week as I have been. Done lots more walking.
I have had such a hard time doing this all and I really don’t understand what’s happening - I never seem to lose! Granted I’ve had a few days of not really counting but also not going overboard - it is just such a shame that I’m not getting anywhere !!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I weighed this morning and im 13.2 :( so that is up 2.6lb.
Weight goes on SO quickly for me. It is just so bloody unfair. I’ve done my exercise for 5-6 days a week as I have been. Done lots more walking.
I have had such a hard time doing this all and I really don’t understand what’s happening - I never seem to lose! Granted I’ve had a few days of not really counting but also not going overboard - it is just such a shame that I’m not getting anywhere !!
Sending hugs. Could you stay off the scales for a couple of weeks and just carry on as you are and go for feel? See how your clothes look and how you feel rather than what the scales say?

If you feel really miserable over that gain it could take off your momentum, which seems great…

There could be so many reasons why you have seen a bigger number (and it won’t necessarily mean more weight).

Just a thought.

❤

Reactions: 5
Sending hugs. Could you stay off the scales for a couple of weeks and just carry on as you are and go for feel? See how your clothes look and how you feel rather than what the scales say?

If you feel really miserable over that gain it could take off your momentum, which seems great…

There could be so many reasons why you have seen a bigger number (and it won’t necessarily mean more weight).

Just a thought.

❤
I should stop really I guess. My worry is that I’m putting on muscle but the fat isn’t going anywhere! It is so frustrating. I do fit in some clothes better but definitely not some that I thought I would be (I have several pairs of shorts that I love and would be great for the weather right now that I just can’t do up!)

• Heart
I'm in the exact same boat! I've come to the conclusion I'll never be as small as I was at 23 / 24 but trying to get back to within 1 size of it! Hate looking back at old pictures comparing to what I am now

I'm in the exact same boat! I've come to the conclusion I'll never be as small as I was at 23 / 24 but trying to get back to within 1 size of it! Hate looking back at old pictures comparing to what I am now
It is really hard to grieve that body isn’t it?

I am trying really hard not to think about the times when I could fit in certain sizes snd looked a certain way. Some days I am ok with knowing I will be bigger, but others, I catch sight of myself and am just mortified. It will be a slow journey to undo the damage i have done psychologically and physically (so many chocolate buttons!!!) but slow is definitely steady.

Knowing you are all here helps though.

🤗

• Heart
I should stop really I guess. My worry is that I’m putting on muscle but the fat isn’t going anywhere! It is so frustrating. I do fit in some clothes better but definitely not some that I thought I would be (I have several pairs of shorts that I love and would be great for the weather right now that I just can’t do up!)

Try not to feel disheartened, Sven. It doesn't have to happen all at once (it shouldn't happen all at once) - increasing your muscle mass/strength first means that any fat loss happens slightly later on, rather than the saggy, deflating balloon effect I've always had from just not eating as much that makes a quick difference to measurements but does nothing to improve your health. And there's also the point that fat loss isn't just on the one bit you want it to be. Get into the habits and that makes it sustainable and the changes will come when you are too busy being active and healthy and happy to notice them.

I've got some more gym gear being delivered today at some point. Including some cycle shorts - not because I think they'll turn me into an IG Gym Bunny (laughs at the thought), but because they're going to be comfortable, cooler and are long enough to protect the softer bits of my legs from rubbing against one another. It might sound a bit weird, but there is something else to the purchases;

I've always just bought the cheapest thing that came in my size, so was generally in colours that I would never touch with a bargepole - even plain stuff seems to almost always come with pink and purple bits as though I can't be female and in a gym without them. This time, I've ordered stuff in 'my' colours (OK, what that actually means is green, dark green, forest green, dark army green, dark red....) to go with the other stuff I've got in the least offensive versions of black and with the smallest logos possible. In my head, that means I'm not putting on a costume to go and exercise, I'm me, putting on a specific variation of my normal clothes to do it, which means exercising/being healthier is also me. Trying to deliberately mess with my head, as it were.

Constipation - water, black coffee in the morning and abdominal work including stuff targeted at your obliques (so twisting, bending, stretching) and things to strengthen the muscles on your lower back (like laying on your stomach and lifting your upper half (Cobra yoga moves, for example) and lifting alternate legs and arms) to create a firm supporting girdle that helps things move along.

Fibre works because it provides bulk and something to absorb water. Without water, you just have more bulk sitting there and without muscles working, even with water, it all just sits there. And medicines can't work without water, something to move and muscles working.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
1 pound down this week bringing me to a new stone bracket and 3 stone 6 pounds gone. Finding this week hard for a few reasons-I've no appetite in the heat (don't mind that bit) but also struggling to get any liquids into me which isn't ideal. Trying to go easy on myself because I'm also on the last phase on weaning off my antidepressants and finding I'm a lot more emotional than I'm used to 🙄.

On the plus side I had to go see a respiratory consultant this week(I'm absolutely grand, just an asthmatic who had pneumonia last winter so they wanted to check my meds to make sure I'm stable ahead of the next flu season) and despite being weighed, bmi checked etc-not a word was said about my weight so that's good.

Hope everyone is surviving the heatwave!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Try not to feel disheartened, Sven. It doesn't have to happen all at once (it shouldn't happen all at once) - increasing your muscle mass/strength first means that any fat loss happens slightly later on, rather than the saggy, deflating balloon effect I've always had from just not eating as much that makes a quick difference to measurements but does nothing to improve your health. And there's also the point that fat loss isn't just on the one bit you want it to be. Get into the habits and that makes it sustainable and the changes will come when you are too busy being active and healthy and happy to notice them.

I've got some more gym gear being delivered today at some point. Including some cycle shorts - not because I think they'll turn me into an IG Gym Bunny (laughs at the thought), but because they're going to be comfortable, cooler and are long enough to protect the softer bits of my legs from rubbing against one another. It might sound a bit weird, but there is something else to the purchases;

I've always just bought the cheapest thing that came in my size, so was generally in colours that I would never touch with a bargepole - even plain stuff seems to almost always come with pink and purple bits as though I can't be female and in a gym without them. This time, I've ordered stuff in 'my' colours (OK, what that actually means is green, dark green, forest green, dark army green, dark red....) to go with the other stuff I've got in the least offensive versions of black and with the smallest logos possible. In my head, that means I'm not putting on a costume to go and exercise, I'm me, putting on a specific variation of my normal clothes to do it, which means exercising/being healthier is also me. Trying to deliberately mess with my head, as it were.

Constipation - water, black coffee in the morning and abdominal work including stuff targeted at your obliques (so twisting, bending, stretching) and things to strengthen the muscles on your lower back (like laying on your stomach and lifting your upper half (Cobra yoga moves, for example) and lifting alternate legs and arms) to create a firm supporting girdle that helps things move along.

Fibre works because it provides bulk and something to absorb water. Without water, you just have more bulk sitting there and without muscles working, even with water, it all just sits there. And medicines can't work without water, something to move and muscles working.
If you don't mind me asking, what shorts did you order? I desperately need some longer shorts for running that won't ride up - trouble is I've got thick thighs that slim down around the top of my knees/bottom of my quads and at the very top of my legs (I've got a natural thigh gap even at 10lbs overweight) so anything I buy just ends up look like a pair of knickers on me.

If you don't mind me asking, what shorts did you order? I desperately need some longer shorts for running that won't ride up - trouble is I've got thick thighs that slim down around the top of my knees/bottom of my quads and at the very top of my legs (I've got a natural thigh gap even at 10lbs overweight) so anything I buy just ends up look like a pair of knickers on me.
Queenie Ke from Amazon. I like their stuff and that from Joyspell, as it's never too expensive and has shedloads of spandex in it...

I've got thighs that are the same width as my knees to halfway up my quads and then the fat and loose skin takes over. And weirdly, I seem to have acquired a thigh gap when laying down with my feet propped up. At least from the front, anyhow.

Reactions: 1
I’m down 1lbs today. So pleased with that. I’ve been going for walks every day and feel better for it.
I’m back in work on Tuesday and dreading it. I had this vision of swagging in looking for fit and gorgeous, but I’m two stone heavier than when we all walked out in March 2020. I’m looking at my wardrobe and trying to work out what I can wear that hides the amount of fat I’ve put on. I will be seeing a lot of people I’ve not seen for 15months and I feel so embarrassed.

• Heart
I’m down 1lbs today. So pleased with that. I’ve been going for walks every day and feel better for it.
I’m back in work on Tuesday and dreading it. I had this vision of swagging in looking for fit and gorgeous, but I’m two stone heavier than when we all walked out in March 2020. I’m looking at my wardrobe and trying to work out what I can wear that hides the amount of fat I’ve put on. I will be seeing a lot of people I’ve not seen for 15months and I feel so embarrassed.
Most people I know have gained weight since last year. Try not to be too self conscious, everyone’s probably got their own stuff to worry about without judging what you look like! The important thing is you’re taking (literal) steps to make a change 👏🏼

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.