Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They just said on Radio 2 that if you consume most of your calories in the morning you can potentially double your weight loss 🤔

Do people find this to be true?

I’m the opposite, tend to have most of my calories in my evening meal. I eat with my toddler so eat around 6pm, I find if I don’t have a big meal then I snack all evening. Can’t speak for results as only my second week back on it.
I’m the opposite, eat more later on like you. Did they explain how or why this is the case? Sounds like hocum to me 😂

Lads were not overweight, we've got kummerspeck.
This on the other hand is spot on 😂 especially me last night with the football!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The old saying is breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and tea/dinner like a pauper. Eating a lot in the morning works for me, I tend to just have 2 glorified snacks if I eat a big bowl of porridge in the morning but everyone has to find their own solution.

Reactions: 2
I’m the opposite, eat more later on like you. Did they explain how or why this is the case? Sounds like hocum to me 😂
No they do a random segment on facts and only say the facts and that’s it and move on.

I think having a big meal for dinner helps me psychologically too as if I’m feeling like I’m going to give in to snacking I tell myself ooh well you have this lovely big dinner later whereas if I just have a salad or something I’d probably give in and snack.

Reactions: 4
They just said on Radio 2 that if you consume most of your calories in the morning you can potentially double your weight loss 🤔

Do people find this to be true?

I’m the opposite, tend to have most of my calories in my evening meal. I eat with my toddler so eat around 6pm, I find if I don’t have a big meal then I snack all evening. Can’t speak for results as only my second week back on it.
I'm the opposite. I just can't stomach food in the morning. I've been like this as long as I remember as my mum used to tell me off before school for not having breakfast 🤣
It just makes me gag and feel really sick.

I tend to have a mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Obviously what works for me might not work for someone else

I'm the opposite. I just can't stomach food in the morning. I've been like this as long as I remember as my mum used to tell me off before school for not having breakfast 🤣
It just makes me gag and feel really sick.

I tend to have a mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Obviously what works for me might not work for someone else
Same here, I don’t eat breakfast and have lunch around 12-1, then a snack at 3-4 and dinner at 6-7. Dinner tends to be my biggest meal. Works for me and losing weight steadily. 0.4 kg this week and 2kg away from my target weight. As far as I understand the science timing and number of meals per day makes no difference to metabolism. As long as you are consuming sensible number of calories, that’s what matters.

Reactions: 5
Same here, I don’t eat breakfast and have lunch around 12-1, then a snack at 3-4 and dinner at 6-7. Dinner tends to be my biggest meal. Works for me and losing weight steadily. 0.4 kg this week and 2kg away from my target weight. As far as I understand the science timing and number of meals per day makes no difference to metabolism. As long as you are consuming sensible number of calories, that’s what matters.
Exactly the same as me! I think it technically comes under “intermittent fasting”… although I’m guilty of a few wines and some choc later than 7pm 🤪

Reactions: 4
I’m not a breakfast gal either - at the weekend I can eat a bacon sandwich or whatever, but on a weekday I don’t tend to have anything other than tea (and water) before about 1pm 🤷🏻‍♀️
Lost another kilo this week! A couple of scale victories for me actually - according to MFP I’m the lightest I’ve recorded since I’ve been on the app, which is about four years! I’m also a kilo away from being under 14 stone and I can’t remember when that last was 😭

Sadly I’ve also been pinged by track and trace so need to isolate (until Tuesday)… really pleased I bought the exercise bike now!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Exactly the same as me! I think it technically comes under “intermittent fasting”… although I’m guilty of a few wines and some choc later than 7pm 🤪
Lol, I’ve eaten like this for as long as I can remember but not we have a name for it 😂

I’m not a breakfast gal either - at the weekend I can eat a bacon sandwich or whatever, but on a weekday I don’t tend to have anything other than tea (and water) before about 1pm 🤷🏻‍♀️
Lost another kilo this week! A couple of scale victories for me actually - according to MFP I’m the lightest I’ve recorded since I’ve been on the app, which is about four years! I’m also a kilo away from being under 14 stone and I can’t remember when that last was 😭

Sadly I’ve also been pinged by track and trace so need to isolate (until Tuesday)… really pleased I bought the exercise bike now!
Can we be friends - you sound exactly like me!! 🤩

• Heart
I think this is so important and what is dangerous about all the diet stuff out there at the moment.

People eat differently due to their personal preferences and metabolisms and trying to make people eat in a 12-4 window because it will aid weight loss will only end up in binges at 11pm. 😶.

It may take years, it will definitely end up in tears at some point, but learning when is best to eat for you (when you are hungry and for your family/job/life) will end in success.

Says me who came back from Pilates yesterday in tears after feeling like the largest there (they all looked like Gwynneth) so bought a boat load of crap and ate it alone. Pulled it back with a healthy supper and planned tonight for when I get back from the charity shop.

Will the binges ever stop? 😔.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think this is so important and what is dangerous about all the diet stuff out there at the moment.

People eat differently due to their personal preferences and metabolisms and trying to make people eat in a 12-4 window because it will aid weight loss will only end up in binges at 11pm. 😶.

It may take years, it will definitely end up in tears at some point, but learning when is best to eat for you (when you are hungry and for your family/job/life) will end in success.

Says me who came back from Pilates yesterday in tears after feeling like the largest there (they all looked like Gwynneth) so bought a boat load of crap and ate it alone. Pulled it back with a healthy supper and planned tonight for when I get back from the charity shop.

Will the binges ever stop? 😔.
Don’t beat yourself up. The important thing is you went to Pilates 👍🏼 And you pulled it back to routine as soon as you could.

I’m a binger too, not in the “typical” sense of eating a lot, but more of having a tiny breakfast after the gym and come 4pm, eating a variety of snacks as I’m hungry. I try and just draw a line under it and remind myself to eat more at mealtime and stick to meal plan.

I also do find if I’m opening the snack cupboard, a litre of water and a green tea soon stops that urge!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m down 0.6 today which I’m very pleased about. I’m still in disbelief that eating more is helping?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
IMO prescriptive meal timings and frequency are one of the easiest way to duck up your food intake. There are so many strict diets out there and people end up eating when they are not hungry or not eating when they are truly hungry. For me what works is listening to my body and not worrying too much about the time of the day when I’m meant to eat. I try to never end up overly hungry as that’s a sure way to eat more/binge later.

I’ve realised over the years that you cannot out-win your body’s hunger hormones and our bodies like knowing there’s regular sufficient food coming in or hormones end going all out of whack. I think that’s the reason why eating too little often doesn’t not lead to corresponding weight loss, but calorie intake at levels that leaves us satiated works so well for shedding weight.

As for meal frequency, some people are natural snackers and others are 3-meals-a day. There is simply no hard and fast rule when it comes to how we eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh no... I have no lunch with me at work today. A tesco and m&s nearby... anyone have any low cal lunch options?! I have 340 cals to spare for lunch!

Reactions: 1
I’m down 0.6 today which I’m very pleased about. I’m still in disbelief that eating more is helping?!
Think of your body as a phone running out of charge, as the charge depletes your phone stops running some of it's systems to save the remaining charge, that's pretty much what your was doing, if it doesn't get adequate nutrition, it powers down to save what it does have. You would have eventually lost weight carrying on with such low calories but it wouldn't have done your body much good. What you are doing now is investing in your long term health with the extra benefit of dropping a few pounds.

Reactions: 5
Don’t beat yourself up. The important thing is you went to Pilates 👍🏼 And you pulled it back to routine as soon as you could.

I’m a binger too, not in the “typical” sense of eating a lot, but more of having a tiny breakfast after the gym and come 4pm, eating a variety of snacks as I’m hungry. I try and just draw a line under it and remind myself to eat more at mealtime and stick to meal plan.

I also do find if I’m opening the snack cupboard, a litre of water and a green tea soon stops that urge!
I've discovered I can't have a snack cupboard, cos I can't just eat a bit of something. I'm OK with that, I'm actually surprised how easy it is to cut out the processed carbs, as long as its not within reach... 😂 😭 It feels so so good to be slowly losing the weight.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.