Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't even realise there was a new thread because I've been out of the game for so long 🤭 don't know if anyone remembers but about a month/6 weeks ago now I suddenly gained about 5 lbs overnight when taking high sodium medication that caused water retention - well, it seems I'm stuck with it. No matter what I do my weight is not shifting, either upwards or downwards. I don't understand what on earth has happened, I genuinely have not been eating any worse than I usually would to maintain my weight, so it does seem pretty weird. I think I'm going to try and get back to 2lbs below what I am now and then maintain for a bit though, we had to postpone our wedding again so I'm in no rush anymore tbh 🤣 glad everyone is doing well though I missed commenting here!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I actually refused to believe for a long time that eating more would help me lose weight but it does. I have more energy for exercise so I actually end up doing more. Some days I’ll go right up to my calorie goal (about 2000) and others I’ll have about 1600-1700 and not want anything else! I don’t cut out things, just pick good options. I also plan all of my meals and snacks as soon as I can and that makes me stick to it more than if I was like oh god I’ve got no lunch. I still eat chocolate, but not 4 bars in a row like I used to!
Its crazy isn't it! I'll never understand the science but it worked for me too.

Reactions: 3
I've FINALLY gotten below 13st5.5lb that I was stuck at. Was so happy when the scales said 13st4.5lb this morning. I've reduced my calories from 1675 to 1600 and that seems to have done the trick. Onwards and downwards

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I actually refused to believe for a long time that eating more would help me lose weight but it does. I have more energy for exercise so I actually end up doing more. Some days I’ll go right up to my calorie goal (about 2000) and others I’ll have about 1600-1700 and not want anything else! I don’t cut out things, just pick good options. I also plan all of my meals and snacks as soon as I can and that makes me stick to it more than if I was like oh god I’ve got no lunch. I still eat chocolate, but not 4 bars in a row like I used to!
Did it really work for losing weight? I would love to be able to eat more without the guilt, and still lose the weight I've gained as I don't even want to leave the house at the moment lol I've never tried eating more to lose weight, and I guess that's what ended me up in this mess in the first place!
did you have much weight to lose?

And @Notworthy thank you for the tips, I'm going to give it a good go this week 🙏

Did it really work for losing weight? I would love to be able to eat more without the guilt, and still lose the weight I've gained as I don't even want to leave the house at the moment lol I've never tried eating more to lose weight, and I guess that's what ended me up in this mess in the first place!
did you have much weight to lose?

And @Notworthy thank you for the tips, I'm going to give it a good go this week 🙏
I worked out my TDEE (definitely do this if you haven’t - google TDEE calculator) And I exercise at home. I got some dumbbells from Argos and I use the fitness+ app on apple. But I could just as well use YouTube videos because there are so many good ones on there. I find exercising makes me much less likely to binge because it doesn’t feel worth it.
In March 2019 I was 14 stone 10.4. Last week I weighed and I was 12 stone 13.2. Some of my progress has been MASSIVELY slow. And I also put it all back on in the middle of 2020 of course. I have been properly giving it a go (again) since January this year. It isn’t so much my weight now but that I can SEE I am different. My little baby belly has started to shrink a bit. When I put my hands on my hips there is far less to grab there. I have muscles in my arms and legs now. I can run around with my daughter without getting out of breath and tired after 30 seconds.

Reactions: 10
Hello everyone! You all seem to be still here and doing so well 🥰🤗.

Over the last few months, things have been a bit rubbish but I have finally admitted that I suffered from an ED (rather than “exercise eating issues”) which moved from one 6 years ago into another when I got injured after an ultra 2 years ago and could no longer train x hours a day.

Over the last six months I have gone from setting MFP to 600 (😶) and then eating food out of a bin 7 hours later to slowly realising from (your sensible posts) and various SM threads that that is not the way to go. I have also come to the realisation that ED-sized me will never return so I only need to tone up, get a few (3 giant share bags of chocolate buttons a night worth) pounds off and feel better about eating normally.

So 1500 on MFP it is. Terrifying. But it has been four days. No binging. No massive weight gain. Here with you for the long haul. Maybe not to lose loads of weight but to stay accountable to not buy that crap at 8.30 from 3 different shops and hide the evidence in the student bins, and then of course go to eat the leftovers in the morning when no one is looking (😶😔 got to be honest here.)

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hello everyone! You all seem to be still here and doing so well 🥰🤗.

Over the last few months, things have been a bit rubbish but I have finally admitted that I suffered from an ED (rather than “exercise eating issues”) which moved from one 6 years ago into another when I got injured after an ultra 2 years ago and could no longer train x hours a day.

Over the last six months I have gone from setting MFP to 600 (😶) and then eating food out of a bin 7 hours later to slowly realising from (your sensible posts) and various SM threads that that is not the way to go. I have also come to the realisation that ED-sized me will never return so I only need to tone up, get a few (3 giant share bags of chocolate buttons a night worth) pounds off and feel better about eating normally.

So 1500 on MFP it is. Terrifying. But it has been four days. No binging. No massive weight gain. Here with you for the long haul. Maybe not to lose loads of weight but to stay accountable to not buy that crap at 8.30 from 3 different shops and hide the evidence in the student bins, and then of course go to eat the leftovers in the morning when no one is looking (😶😔 got to be honest here.)

❤
You can do it. Be easy on yourself ! X

• Heart
I am soooo tired today. Going to do my exercise and try and rest. I had a day off doing any exercise yesterday because both my legs and arms/back ached so much. Must get back to it though otherwise I’ll just lose momentum!

Reactions: 5
Love this! I’m in a similar boat. Something has just clicked and I’m going to the gym every other day, and generally eating well but not restricting anything. For about 6 weeks now. I plan meals too and also my gym has got the post-COVID system of having to book a slot at the gym rather than turning up. I think this has been really key for me as I’m actually going at a time I know works for me and scheduling it in, rather than saying “oh I’ll go tonight/in the morning” and then inevitably not going. I don’t weigh myself but I feel much better for it.

Reactions: 4
No weight loss for me this week, but I'm not overly concerned-I'm due on in the next few days and I've learnt I always stay the same ish for a few days before hand which drops then. I think it's pretty cool I've learnt that about my body, a few months ago that would have sent me into a complete spin, despite being half way through a MSc in food science 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No weight loss for me this week, but I'm not overly concerned-I'm due on in the next few days and I've learnt I always stay the same ish for a few days before hand which drops then. I think it's pretty cool I've learnt that about my body, a few months ago that would have sent me into a complete spin, despite being half way through a MSc in food science 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
Totally agree! I feel so much more in tune with myself after going through this process and monitoring everything. For the first time I can appreciate what impact the food I eat has on my energy levels, my hormones on my skin etc etc.

I also haven’t seen any weight loss since last Thursday but because it’s TOTM I’m not too worried. I’m slightly annoyed because I’m having a week off plan from Sunday and it would be nice to have lost this week and get my 4st before that, but ah well, not to be I guess ☹

Reactions: 8
Totally agree! I feel so much more in tune with myself after going through this process and monitoring everything. For the first time I can appreciate what impact the food I eat has on my energy levels, my hormones on my skin etc etc.

I also haven’t seen any weight loss since last Thursday but because it’s TOTM I’m not too worried. I’m slightly annoyed because I’m having a week off plan from Sunday and it would be nice to have lost this week and get my 4st before that, but ah well, not to be I guess ☹
Definitely agree in terms of being more in tune with my body, and now that I'm noticing these sorts of cues from my body I'm like how did I ever miss all these in the first place?! 😂 It's definitely a learning curve for sure.

Enjoy your week off plan and don't worry, you'll get that 4 stone award in no time I'm sure!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did the Newcastle diet for three ish weeks, felt crap, so I'm on a low carb calorie counting effort now. I've learned an interesting thing, I have ZERO self control. So if it ain't in the house, I can't eat it. I didn't think I could go for long without rice/noodles/pasta/ bread, but I am. I used to be very active, due to various health things I can't do much, going to try to slowly increase my steps.

Reactions: 6
I've learned an interesting thing, I have ZERO self control. So if it ain't in the house, I can't eat it. I didn't think I could go for long without rice/noodles/pasta/ bread, but I am. I used to be very active, due to various health things I can't do much, going to try to slowly increase my steps.
Same. I created a rod for my own back - had a drawer under my bed which I used to fill with goodies and just munch my way through them without even thinking about it. If I didn't eat them, I'd be constantly thinking about them (wasn't hungry) instead. So stopped buying all the chocolate/crisps/sweets crap which is working okay so far (fingers crossed) - it's not there to tempt me in the first place.

Reactions: 6
Been mad busy at work but, after a week of just a couple of days of exercise (and over 10,000 steps on four days) and a Cod & chips from the chippy because Mr D was feeling fragile after his vaccination, hit it again as of last weekend and did a heavy legs session; two days off and I was back in there for back and shoulders today. Still down another 1.5kg, though...

Bearing in mind I still have the massive belly in the way, when I look down, they don't look like my legs - the lower thighs are knee width with the start of a normal gap, instead of touching all the way down.

Mr D thinks it's great - but then again, he's got calf muscles and thighs and definitely shoulders and biceps developing now.

Unfortunately, I am still very hungry after chicken, rice and salad, though. I wonder whether I can get him to move from the sofa at half time for some more food?

Reactions: 9
I’ll be glad when the football is over, I’m stress eating like there’s no tomorrow 😂 already in holiday mode I think..

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone! New to this thread and so excited. I’ve previously lost a stone and a half but have gone back up a bit and have a lot more to loose overall! I’m doing calorie counting/eating better and starting to go to the gym with a mix of weights and cardio!
I started off in September at 14 stone exactly
Went down to 12st 7 in Feb/March
Had a really stressful time moving house recently and gone back up to 12st 13!
I’m going to force myself to post my journey every week as a way to stay motivated! Well done to everyone else going on this journey 🙏🏻❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They just said on Radio 2 that if you consume most of your calories in the morning you can potentially double your weight loss 🤔

Do people find this to be true?

I’m the opposite, tend to have most of my calories in my evening meal. I eat with my toddler so eat around 6pm, I find if I don’t have a big meal then I snack all evening. Can’t speak for results as only my second week back on it.

Reactions: 2
They just said on Radio 2 that if you consume most of your calories in the morning you can potentially double your weight loss 🤔

I’m the opposite, tend to have most of my calories in my evening meal. I eat with my toddler so eat around 6pm, I find if I don’t have a big meal then I snack all evening. Can’t speak for results as only my second week back on it.
I have no idea really. I can’t eat masses in the morning! And by the evening I’d still be hungry I reckon.

My meals get bigger as the day goes on. Some days my dinner and tea are about the same amount of calories. I eat my evening meal between 5.30/6. If I eat a huge breakfast it doesn’t stop me eating less throughout the day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.