Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey All, I’ve never posted on this thread before but wanted to say a huge congratulations to all of you lovely ladies (and men) on your journey. Not sure who needs to hear this today but if it helps someone, my mission is complete. Balance is so important☺ Never ever feel guilty for that takeaway, meal out or extra chocolate bar. You would have to be eating in a constant calorie surplus to gain... one day does simply not make a difference. Life is too short so enjoy the foods you like and don’t be too restrictive.

I actually wanted to ask if anybody knew of a thread where people share low calorie or healthy recipes? I always walk into the supermarket to buy bits for lunch and dinner but end up buying pre-made salads and pastas all the time because they taste fabulous. Seems to be burning a hole in my pocket doing this though lol.

Thanks in advance! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey All, I’ve never posted on this thread before but wanted to say a huge congratulations to all of you lovely ladies (and men) on your journey. Not sure who needs to hear this today but if it helps someone, my mission is complete. Balance is so important☺ Never ever feel guilty for that takeaway, meal out or extra chocolate bar. You would have to be eating in a constant calorie surplus to gain... one day does simply not make a difference. Life is too short so enjoy the foods you like and don’t be too restrictive.

I actually wanted to ask if anybody knew of a thread where people share low calorie or healthy recipes? I always walk into the supermarket to buy bits for lunch and dinner but end up buying pre-made salads and pastas all the time because they taste fabulous. Seems to be burning a hole in my pocket doing this though lol.

Thanks in advance! X
Welcome to the thread.

This lunch time I had something bit different.
In the party section of large tesco I brought some breaded mozzarella and jalepeno bites ages ago mostly me and hubby as kids won't like them they were £1 a bag
They 63 cals per bite.
The mozzarella sticks only 43
The mini veggie samosas less than 50 cals
I buy the mini wraps from aldi
I had the breaded bites in wrap with some green leaf salad was really tasty and 217 cals per wrap.
I really like the fresh cauldron falafels in sainsbury or tesco i try buy when they know on offer but they quite nice in a wrap or in a salad.
I make up salad pots myself saves loads money I prefer dark green salads Italian leaf or spinach with baby tomatoes sweet pepper red onions or spring with either ham,bacon or salmon added with grated cheese sometimes few baby potatoes and 1 boiled egg cut in half can be nice.
Covent garden fresh soup can be nice and low cal served with crackers lowers the calories .
Potatoes skin with side salad .
Wrap pizzas using moni wrap as base used chilli Red pestro as pizza source with chicken and pepper.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Thanks in advance! X
I started a thread like that a few weeks ago but it doesn't have many posts.

Reactions: 2
Early weigh-in as it's my monthly cheat day today:

Week 22: -2 lbs
Total: 3 stone 9 lb (51 lbs!!)

Scale didn't move all week, then bumped down 2 lbs overnight. 🤷‍♀️ My metabolism knows I can't let down Tattle. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not weighing today, TOTM and it hasn’t been a good week for exercise, so giving myself another week I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ugghhh. Did an early weigh in today (just one day) and I’ve put on 0.4 of a lb! No idea how. I did weigh after breakfast though.
I know 0.4 isn’t a lot but puts me in an awful mood lol, especially as I’m eating to lose half a pound, rather than put it on 🥲🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Ugghhh. Did an early weigh in today (just one day) and I’ve put on 0.4 of a lb! No idea how. I did weigh after breakfast though.
I know 0.4 isn’t a lot but puts me in an awful mood lol, especially as I’m eating to lose half a pound, rather than put it on 🥲🙃
I put on a lb just from drinking water. If you had brekkie before weighing, it's definitely down to that!

• Wow
I know it depends on scales recently worked out how change mine from kg.
However small increments of weightloss or gains don't show on stones and pounds .
So changed back to kg.
Well 2 weeks after reaching 12 stone 10 im back there .
So feels like last 2 weeks made no progress at all.
Its really frustrating me I feel stuck.
I follow few insta weight loss accounts and they losing and I feel envious.
The week before last had covid jab
Week before that period
Then this week has been hard as rained so much not always got my 10k steps in.
My appetite has been less and not always ate all my cals.
It been week before pay day so been running down everything and making so e creative meal combos.

Today off aldi do a healthy top up shop
Its half term here next week so should manage get 10k steps in daily and give dog nice long walk every morning.
Also meal planned some less healthy low cal meals for rest of family that all the kids will eat so think will eat mostly separately from them next week and have lots veggie meal ideas as they won't eat them.
Thinking the be mostly lower cal.

Also want try get into daily home workouts

Read post Chris Powell personal trainer done 100lb weightloss series in states.
He talked about plates and how to boost weightloss.

Increase frequency exercise which plan to do next week.
Increase intensity plan to do that next week.
Don't feel I want to adjust calories just yet will see what outcome is in weeks time.
Increaee time of workout or type of workout.

Would love to lose 11lb in 7 weeks in time for 41stt birthday to be in 11 stone mark.
Bit upset husband peeked at my weight this morning. Mot sure doable as most i lost is 2or 3lb week 1 and im on week 11 next week and lost 9lb so far.

With all due respect you probably fluctuated and plateaued when you gained the weight initially so don't worry yourself too much. You are doing everything right, it will come off.

I think I’ve broken my sweet tooth. I had a craving yesterday for some cake, thanks TOTM, so I had a piece. It was fine but in the end it just wasn’t what I thought I wanted. It felt like a sugar overload for little reward and I felt a bit ill afterwards. I’ve always had a sweet tooth so this has been an epiphany.

I know you shouldn’t drink calories or at least limit it. I’d much rather splurge on a can of coke during a meal every once in a while than have an equally if not more sugary dessert.

Reactions: 5
I’m having a day off exercise today. I feel so guilty when I have a day off even though I know I should take one!
I weighed this morning and was 0.6 up so I’m really annoyed about that. Although I may weigh again tomorrow morning because I felt weirdly bloated this morning. I had a meal out on Monday so wonder if that was my downfall. I don’t know. It appears I only need to look at anything food-like and I gain haha.

2nd workout of the week completed! I realised I'm supposed to be on my period (I have a coil, so rarely bleed) but dear God, the water retention 😬

I did manage to increase the weight on the leg press and walked 3 miles today 💪

Reactions: 6
I fit into my wedding dress!! The stress was real. However fit in nicely and my mum even said my back looked flatter than when I last had my fitting over a year ago!

I'm just not allowed to change at all now for 8 weeks 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I fit into my wedding dress!! The stress was real. However fit in nicely and my mum even said my back looked flatter than when I last had my fitting over a year ago!

I'm just not allowed to change at all now for 8 weeks 😂
Well done!! The not changing is the hardest part. I was an idiot before my wedding and got stressed and then ate. When I put my dress on on the day, it made the most awful ripping sound - thankfully you couldn’t see it but that fear haunts me!! Can’t go back and undo that now haha.

• Heart
Week 21: -1.5lb. Had a weekend away last weekend and the scales all week have suggested no loss, which was fine as i’d enjoyed my weekend and life is for living! So thrilled with a loss. Now just 0.25lb away from my initial target (and various attempts on the scales this morning hasn’t budged it 😂).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I weighed myself this morning and considering I had my mega feast at Miller and Carter and I’m on my TOTM I’ve lost a pound, which I’ll take a a win 🥳 I said no to a curry last night, I never say no to takeaways 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I put on a lb just from drinking water. If you had brekkie before weighing, it's definitely down to that!
Just popping in to say you were SO RIGHT. Weighed again today and lost a lb since that weigh in! Thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Losing or gaining weight isn't about 1 meal, it's about predominately good or bad choices over a period of time so you having a blowout one day but then declining a T/A is a good balance. Very few of us can eat what we want all day everyday, we have to discipline ourselves. I trade off constantly, it might be a longer run so I can have coffee and cake out or it might be a few days of perfect eating and then a night out.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.