Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah i re-did it just before the 2 stone loss. I’ve not really set an end target but I’d probably need to lose another 5-6 stone to be anywhere near a ‘healthy’ (term used VERY loosely) weight.
usually it’s recommended to recalculate at every stone bracket, out of curiosity maybe just put your new weight into a TDEE calculator and see what your new maintenance (and therefore deficit) would be.

as you still need to be in a deficit to lose some more weight keep going with what you’re doing, hunger can happen sometimes - after all you are giving your body less than it wants so it’s to be expected and is unfortunately a by-product of dieting occasionally however by making good choices with foods you can still feel satiated :)

if you find yourself really struggling though then you can either eat in a smaller deficit for a while or go up to your maintenance cals for a while and have what we call a ‘diet break’ - you can eat at maintenance for a few weeks then drop into a deficit again.

Reactions: 2
Feeling bit fed up today.
No change on scales for days.
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Off to walk the dog again.
Taking kids to park later just feel frustrated.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
I'm just trying stay postive mindset.
That if I keep being consistent with calories and exercise it will pay off.
Hi, I’ve just found this thread! I’m tit at dieting so 6lb in that time frame is bloody amazing! Keep going!

Reactions: 4
I am always unsure if I am eating the right things. Today I have:

Breakfast is Porridge with banana in
Snack of nuts and dried fruit
Lunch is wholewheat pasta with pesto, cherry tomatoes and some feta
Snack of strawberries, Greek yoghurt and honey
Dinner probably fish tacos with lots of tomatoes and lettuce

all weighed and counted so should take me up to 1500ish.
Does this sound okay?

Reactions: 3
I am always unsure if I am eating the right things. Today I have:

Breakfast is Porridge with banana in
Snack of nuts and dried fruit
Lunch is wholewheat pasta with pesto, cherry tomatoes and some feta
Snack of strawberries, Greek yoghurt and honey
Dinner probably fish tacos with lots of tomatoes and lettuce

all weighed and counted so should take me up to 1500ish.
Does this sound okay?
if you’re in your calories you can have whatever you want!!

Reactions: 9
if you’re in your calories you can have whatever you want!!
I just never know if nutrition wise I’m doing okay if you know what I mean? Some days I’ll eat a chocolate bar and a little cake if it’s in my calories but then I always think should I be doing that?? Haha

Morning guys thanks for advice and support.
Well today scales is up from 81.30kg to 82.10kg.
I did have 2 wines and 2 beers and chocolates yesterday.
Went 300 over my maintainance cals.
Maybe its water retention. Also having some constipation issues so maybe I not gained actual fat in 24hours.
It was worth it needed a cheat day.
Today I'm back on it have walk to polling Station vote but might attempt to jog.
Walk the dog and will aim for an hour walk.
Other than that no school runs clubs for supermarket shop today so going to use today as bit pamper day. Dye and condition my hair, facial real pamper and see if that makes me feel a bit better about myself.
As when we dieting we say when I lost x and get down to this size I will buy new clothes and look good.
But if we losing weight slowly don't we deserve to feel and look good whatever size we are?
I went shopping in city centre yesterday and brought myself some sale tops in new look in size 16 as like slightly over size don't like anythings that clings to my tummy as honestly anything tight makes me look pregnant I hate my tummy.
Finding it harder to dress for larger size.
Most people make mistake going too oversized which makes them visually appear larger.
Gave up funding jeans in primark their sizing is off at the best of times even 2 if same size can vary depending on style.
Tried get jeggings but no 16s.
Maybe I should wait another half stone off before attempting jeans.
I did get some navy hugh waisted leggings 4 quid they so comfy wish I got in black too.
Also tad risqué for me but thought they hold me in in same department as tights black leather look leggings 8 quid.
Thought might look cool with oversized white shirt and blazer.
Wore blazer yesterday as some tailoring can be slimming.
I find taking time plan my outfit night before and make effort do hair and makeup just puts me in more postive mindset.
I did buy some tummy control non sexy pants and support vest as thought might give me less lumpy look under summer dresses.
Think summer feels like worst time feel overweight.

Well road testing some new purchases today.
Primark high waisted leggings 4 quid comfy but not as sucky in as would like need find plain navy active wear leggings.
Primark vest with bust supporti was looking for shape wear and not sure picked up right one.
Nice support bust, comfy but not sucky in enough tummy areas maybe the body versions better but don't like wearing body's.
junmper new look sale find i adore its 3 quarter sleeves under, v neck floaty around tummy and slightly longer at back.
its also ribbed stripes downwards so stripes vertical can be slimming.
paired with gold trainers only matalan i love and gold necklace.
I don't want to buy too many new clothes in bigger size so making effort this spring/ summer maybe ficus on accessories so shoes, handbags necklaces that can transform a basic outfit.
Even if I'm round house I brush hair, get dressed tinted lip balm and mascara makes me feel better about me.

Found a influencer on insta and you tube channel who has some great material on midsized fashion I don't like everything she wears but she seems so honest down to earth and looks amazing in 14-16 outfits its refreshing as most fashion bloggers are stick insects and some if the plus size fashion was blooming awful.

I don't like my tummy or thighs but don't mind showing bit cleaverage and arms.
Might fake tan today too.
Anyone have any recommendations on supermarket bras really need new bras but changed size.
My daughters wearing sainsbury to med and she likes them.

Random ramblings of the day obviously most of us are using some sort fitness tracker.
We looked at tdde and cal counting apps where we enter stats and work out ideal go for frame and height.
Mine tells me my bmi is overweight and ideally need lose 40lb tobe normal range.
Yet freinds and family tell me I look fine I don't need lose any weight maybe they being kind I have never been so heavy even in pregnancy.
My mam is like your in your 40s weight gain is inevitable maybe you just meant to be bigger you always look nice ahhh!
Are we too accepting of being overweight in the UK?

Well after glam day city centre shopping and lunch out back to domestic drudgery here.
My house is a tip.

Aims today which also burn cals
Change bedding
Carry heavy loads laundry up and down stairs.
Take bag round charity shop
Slow walk toddler to libary to vote
Take dog on long 8k walk.
Clean bathroom before I pamper later.

Reactions: 7
I just never know if nutrition wise I’m doing okay if you know what I mean? Some days I’ll eat a chocolate bar and a little cake if it’s in my calories but then I always think should I be doing that?? Haha
yes of course you can! if it makes it easier for you and you don’t feel as restricted definitely include those things! it’ll make you less likely to binge on the things you’re craving too :)
of course a healthy diet is ideal but a balanced one is even better

Morning guys thanks for advice and support.
Well today scales is up from 81.30kg to 82.10kg.
I did have 2 wines and 2 beers and chocolates yesterday.
Went 300 over my maintainance cals.
Maybe its water retention. Also having some constipation issues so maybe I not gained actual fat in 24hours.
It was worth it needed a cheat day.
Today I'm back on it have walk to polling Station vote but might attempt to jog.
Walk the dog and will aim for an hour walk.
Other than that no school runs clubs for supermarket shop today so going to use today as bit pamper day. Dye and condition my hair, facial real pamper and see if that makes me feel a bit better about myself.
As when we dieting we say when I lost x and get down to this size I will buy new clothes and look good.
But if we losing weight slowly don't we deserve to feel and look good whatever size we are?
I went shopping in city centre yesterday and brought myself some sale tops in new look in size 16 as like slightly over size don't like anythings that clings to my tummy as honestly anything tight makes me look pregnant I hate my tummy.
Finding it harder to dress for larger size.
Most people make mistake going too oversized which makes them visually appear larger.
Gave up funding jeans in primark their sizing is off at the best of times even 2 if same size can vary depending on style.
Tried get jeggings but no 16s.
Maybe I should wait another half stone off before attempting jeans.
I did get some navy hugh waisted leggings 4 quid they so comfy wish I got in black too.
Also tad risqué for me but thought they hold me in in same department as tights black leather look leggings 8 quid.
Thought might look cool with oversized white shirt and blazer.
Wore blazer yesterday as some tailoring can be slimming.
I find taking time plan my outfit night before and make effort do hair and makeup just puts me in more postive mindset.
I did buy some tummy control non sexy pants and support vest as thought might give me less lumpy look under summer dresses.
Think summer feels like worst time feel overweight.

Well road testing some new purchases today.
Primark high waisted leggings 4 quid comfy but not as sucky in as would like need find plain navy active wear leggings.
Primark vest with bust supporti was looking for shape wear and not sure picked up right one.
Nice support bust, comfy but not sucky in enough tummy areas maybe the body versions better but don't like wearing body's.
junmper new look sale find i adore its 3 quarter sleeves under, v neck floaty around tummy and slightly longer at back.
its also ribbed stripes downwards so stripes vertical can be slimming.
paired with gold trainers only matalan i love and gold necklace.
I don't want to buy too many new clothes in bigger size so making effort this spring/ summer maybe ficus on accessories so shoes, handbags necklaces that can transform a basic outfit.
Even if I'm round house I brush hair, get dressed tinted lip balm and mascara makes me feel better about me.

Found a influencer on insta and you tube channel who has some great material on midsized fashion I don't like everything she wears but she seems so honest down to earth and looks amazing in 14-16 outfits its refreshing as most fashion bloggers are stick insects and some if the plus size fashion was blooming awful.

I don't like my tummy or thighs but don't mind showing bit cleaverage and arms.
Might fake tan today too.
Anyone have any recommendations on supermarket bras really need new bras but changed size.
My daughters wearing sainsbury to med and she likes them.

Random ramblings of the day obviously most of us are using some sort fitness tracker.
We looked at tdde and cal counting apps where we enter stats and work out ideal go for frame and height.
Mine tells me my bmi is overweight and ideally need lose 40lb tobe normal range.
Yet freinds and family tell me I look fine I don't need lose any weight maybe they being kind I have never been so heavy even in pregnancy.
My mam is like your in your 40s weight gain is inevitable maybe you just meant to be bigger you always look nice ahhh!
Are we too accepting of being overweight in the UK?

Well after glam day city centre shopping and lunch out back to domestic drudgery here.
My house is a tip.

Aims today which also burn cals
Change bedding
Carry heavy loads laundry up and down stairs.
Take bag round charity shop
Slow walk toddler to libary to vote
Take dog on long 8k walk.
Clean bathroom before I pamper later.
just a few things to consider from your post:

you can’t put fat on overnight, you’d have to eat 500 calories OVER your maintenance every day for one week to put on 1lb of fat. 1lb of fat = roughly 3500kcal - if you’ve gained overnight it will be water retention or like you say you’re constipated that will definitely contribute.

I’m glad a shopping trip lifted your spirits, you are so right that we should 100% be happy at whatever weight we are, it shouldn’t be a case of ‘I’ll treat myself when I reach X weight’ - life is too short for that!

BMI is also very controversial, it makes no allowances or exceptions for body composition (muscle mass vs fat etc) so a 30 year old 5’11’’ bodybuilder who weighs 70kg and has a LOT of lean muscle mass and little body weight will have the same BMI as a 30 year old 5’11’’ man who weighs 70kg but has a much higher body fat percentage which could possibly put them at more risk of certain lifestyle diseases.

Reactions: 6
Well I’m slinking back into the thread guys 👋🏻 Ready to get back on track after some ridiculous meals and high weigh ins (+10lb at one point! Christ😂🤦🏻‍♀️!). Went out for a walk this morning before work and I’m ready to eat some proper food again. Been nice to catch up with your posts ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I went to the gym at lunch time! Who even am I? Glad I went, then tonight going to go for a walk with my friend and vote lol.

Still tracking my food but I'm going out for tapas tomorrow so I'm going to adjust, maybe have less today and Saturday to even it out. Although I am getting a hair cut so that will take a lot of weight off haha.

At least I won't be able to drink in the restaurant some perks of the rubbish rules, less calories.

Reactions: 4
Feeling bit fed up today.
No change on scales for days.
Husband saying 6lb weigh loss in 30 days is bit poor he would have expected more. He always goes on extreme diets and hardly exercises.
His day time working diet consists of coffee and fags but then evening he has big meal and snacks loads.
Off to walk the dog again.
Taking kids to park later just feel frustrated.
Went a few hundred calories over yesterday's but half term here still and w kids were playing up.
I'm just trying stay postive mindset.
That if I keep being consistent with calories and exercise it will pay off.
I’m sorry but that is abusive. That is a healthy amount.

@fireflies sorry to give you unsolicited relationship advice but I would have a word with your husband if I were you! Sounds like he is really being unsupportive, your progress is great - I would be over the moon to lose 6lbs in a month. Keep on keeping on, you're doing really well. Imagine if you lost 6lbs a month until Christmas, it all adds up.

Reactions: 10
Yes, think your husband is being very unrealistic. 1lb a week is a perfectly normal, healthy rate of loss. I have never, ever lost more than 1lb a week, and some weeks nothing at all, but over time those pounds have added up (now 42lb over the last year, from 180lb to 138lb), I'm now a healthy weight at 5ft 7but 10lb away from my goal and by doing it slowly it has meant that I've built up really healthy, long term eating habits that will help me keep it off. What's the rush, the time will pass anyway!

Posting this again, for anyone who needs it (sorry, I know I keep posting it but massive weekly weight loss isn't sustainable or healthy!)

Screenshot_20210320_093105.jpg

Reactions: 6
Hello lovelies, hope it’s ok for me to jump in? I have a huge amount of weight to lose partly because I’m a comfort eater but also because of medication I was on. Finished now and back to the gym tomorrow which I’m dreading tbh.

Hoping you guys will be inspirational as I’m pretty down on myself and feeling like it’s all a bit insurmountable ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 16
hi guys, i haven't been on here for so long that i don't know if anyone will remember me 😬 😅

i've definitely fallen off the wagon, i got covid and felt like tit, couldn't go to my fitness class and couldn't be bothered with watching what i'm eating. i still have breathing issues and fatigue but i will try to get back to training next week as i really can't wait any longer. i also have to start eating healthier again as i really feel like i've gained weight since i got covid and stopped training 😫😩

one good thing has been that i'm not smoking anymore. again, i don't know if anyone will remember but when we just started these weight loss threads i stopped smoking. i managed to go a little over a month and then i gave in again. well now since i'm finding it hard to breathe properly, i definitely can't smoke 😂 i hope i will at least keep that up! i haven't really felt a strong desire to smoke either so that's good.

i just wanted to post and watch this thread again as i find it great to hold myself accountable and i like following your journeys! 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 17
hi guys, i haven't been on here for so long that i don't know if anyone will remember me 😬 😅

i've definitely fallen off the wagon, i got covid and felt like tit, couldn't go to my fitness class and couldn't be bothered with watching what i'm eating. i still have breathing issues and fatigue but i will try to get back to training next week as i really can't wait any longer. i also have to start eating healthier again as i really feel like i've gained weight since i got covid and stopped training 😫😩

one good thing has been that i'm not smoking anymore. again, i don't know if anyone will remember but when we just started these weight loss threads i stopped smoking. i managed to go a little over a month and then i gave in again. well now since i'm finding it hard to breathe properly, i definitely can't smoke 😂 i hope i will at least keep that up! i haven't really felt a strong desire to smoke either so that's good.

i just wanted to post and watch this thread again as i find it great to hold myself accountable and i like following your journeys! 💛
Oh I’m so sorry you got COVID! Take it easy while you’re recovering (also see how long you can go without a smoke!! Bet it’ll do you good!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
inCollage_20210506_215223314.jpg

20 stone to 17 stone, 5 ft 11 😁 Delighted. Havent tried it on in months as I hate it 😂😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.