Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm all for "healthy swaps" but does anyone else find some of them just not good or the same at all?

We switched to turkey mince for example when doing bolognese for a while - made it a few times and then just stopped making bolognese because I just didn't enjoy it! A month or two ago went for the lean beef mince instead and made a bolognese, and it tasted so good. I think there are just some things for some people you can't swap!

However burger, for example, are another story entirely for me. I love a turkey burger or a meat free burger. Still enjoy the beef ones but think other kinds are just as good or better.

Reactions: 6
@mcfeez yep I agree some swaps just aren't worth it! Better to eat a bit less of what you enjoy than eat more of what you don't.

I've been absolutely shite with calories this week, I'm having a tough week at work so it's just making me turn to sugar all the time. Also not run because I hurt my back but that seems to be better now. I doubt I'll see much movement if any on the scales tomorrow but at least I've been logging and tracking everything. I've had a bit of a deficit but not much sadly. Hopefully next week is better!

Reactions: 2
Is anyone else colder after they've lost weight? I am freezing all the time and just cannot get warm.
Yes!!!! Cold all the time.. I’m a proper Yorkshire woman and it pains me to put the fire on but I can’t help it 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm all for "healthy swaps" but does anyone else find some of them just not good or the same at all?
Yep definitely, my least favourite one is low salt and sugar Heinz Beans.. ughhh. Not worth the few cals you save.

Reactions: 3

We switched to turkey mince for example when doing bolognese for a while - made it a few times and then just stopped making bolognese because I just didn't enjoy it! A month or two ago went for the lean beef mince instead and made a bolognese, and it tasted so good. I think there are just some things for some people you can't swap!

However burger, for example, are another story entirely for me. I love a turkey burger or a meat free burger. Still enjoy the beef ones but think other kinds are just as good or better.
I’d rather the few extra calories for 5% fat mince rather than the turkey ones!! They’re ok for meatballs or something like that but defo not bolognase 🤢

5% fat minced beef is fab.

Don't go for the low sugar/fat etc versions of foods as they are just full of rubbish and not very good nutritionally for us.

Stick to the basic food version

That’s a 0.5 a week loss on average, is it possible your TDEE calculation was too generous? That seems to suggest the deficit you’re eating at is approx 250 a day, if no underlying health conditions. I was reading the other day about metabolisms being damaged by years of dieting etc though and I think that might be why eating eg 1500-1600 cals doesn’t work for me even though mathematically it ought to
Really? Maybe my maths is just tit :(

when I was having 1200 I struggled to have the energy to exercise :(

That’s a 0.5 a week loss on average, is it possible your TDEE calculation was too generous? That seems to suggest the deficit you’re eating at is approx 250 a day, if no underlying health conditions. I was reading the other day about metabolisms being damaged by years of dieting etc though and I think that might be why eating eg 1500-1600 cals doesn’t work for me even though mathematically it ought to
Saying this. My maintenance is supposed to be 2400 - so am I being silly? I don’t know :(
if I change my exercise to ‘light’ it gives me 2100 maintenance so even then 1500 should be ok shouldn’t it?

Im getting confused

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Deduct 500 calories from whatever figure your TDEE is.

That is what you should be aiming for.

@Sven

So if your TDEE is 2100, aim for 1600

Hello, I've just joined the thread-I've read this one right through and some of your losses and methods have motivated me to join! I have 4ish stones to lose. I've been following a loose no refined carbs way of eating, which hasn't been working, so I'm getting a bit stricter. I'm doing 2 hours (2 x 1hr) of circuits/weights a week and adding in cardio when classes can restart in May. I can't run any longer until I've lost a couple of stones. My TDEE seems to be 2384 and MFP have calculated me 1700cal per day. Is it as siple as trying it and seeing how it goes? Thank you in anticipation of your kind guidance!

Hello, I've just joined the thread-I've read this one right through and some of your losses and methods have motivated me to join! I have 4ish stones to lose. I've been following a loose no refined carbs way of eating, which hasn't been working, so I'm getting a bit stricter. I'm doing 2 hours (2 x 1hr) of circuits/weights a week and adding in cardio when classes can restart in May. I can't run any longer until I've lost a couple of stones. My TDEE seems to be 2384 and MFP have calculated me 1700cal per day. Is it as siple as trying it and seeing how it goes? Thank you in anticipation of your kind guidance!
Pretty much that simple.

Yep just make sure you're logging your calories accurately, so make sure to check packaging, weigh food where you can and if you stick to those numbers you should see a loss. You may lose a few lbs initially from water weight then it should start to regulate

Thank you-I wasn't sure if I was over simplifying it and missing something. It's not going to be easy, but I'll start tomorrow and see how I go.
If you find 500 deficit is too much of a struggle do 250 and work up from there. It's slower but if you can sustain it then it will be more beneficial long term.

Had a nature's valley bar this morning can't say I loved it but better than Alpen light.
I also really hate fibre one bars people went mad for at slimming world.

Had baked potato with salmon and salad for lunch.
Baked potato with chicken and salad tea.

Not sure total steps cals burnt as phone died on dog walk but pre walk had burned 1000 cals and done 3k steps so hopefully burned 1500 all day and managed 10k steps.

Really? Maybe my maths is just tit :(

when I was having 1200 I struggled to have the energy to exercise :(

Saying this. My maintenance is supposed to be 2400 - so am I being silly? I don’t know :(
if I change my exercise to ‘light’ it gives me 2100 maintenance so even then 1500 should be ok shouldn’t it?

Im getting confused
Yeah that should be 1 lb a week then. Have you lost a lot of inches? If you’re doing a lot of weights that could be playing havoc with the scales

Yeah that should be 1 lb a week then. Have you lost a lot of inches? If you’re doing a lot of weights that could be playing havoc with the scales
I’m not sure, I’ve just ordered a tape measure as the h broke my one so hoping that’ll help. I do feel stronger and I can feel my muscles aching/burning so something is happening. It’s just not weight !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Make sense of this!!!

I was on a diet for 7 weeks, in that time I only lost 4lbs and managed to put it all back on for some reason unknown, I did eat at Easter but stuck to it otherwise.

I was so peed off, for 2 weeks (just gone) I stopped dieting and ate, not madly just the 'nice' bits that I had cut out.

I also stopped running (I use that word very loosely) for those two weeks as I had an injury.

So I started running again last Sunday and decided to give dieting another go.

My diet week goes from Wednesday to Wednesday.

So!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday - my weight was 10st 9lbs
Wednesday - (weigh in day) my weight was 10st 7lbs (??????)
Friday - (today) my weight is 10st 6lbs.

My TDEE is 1397 but I have under eaten by about 200 calories as I just could not work out what 'good' to eat extra.

But 2lbs had come of before I started on my TDEE.

What is going on? In this week, I have nearly lost more weight than in the 7 weeks that I was on my diet

• Wow
It's payday takeaway so weighing in a day early:

Week 18: -2 lbs
Total: 3 stone 1 lb

- BMI is now 28 (down from 35+).
- 9 inches (!) off my waist.
- Another 2 stone-ish to go. 🥴

Next goal: 7 lbs off in May, 7 lbs off in June! Let's do this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's payday takeaway so weighing in a day early:

Week 18: -2 lbs
Total: 3 stone 1 lb

- BMI is now 28 (down from 35+).
- 9 inches (!) off my waist.
- Another 2 stone-ish to go. 🥴

Next goal: 7 lbs off in May, 7 lbs off in June! Let's do this!!
I would love to lose 7lb in May.
No change on scales today
But have heavy walking day as school drop off, supermarket shop and ballet class this afternoon plus dog will need another walk later took him 6.30 am this morning but he was naughty and growled and scratched a jogger who came out no where and scared us both said really sorry now feel stressed husband said don't worry but these things play on my mind hes not great strangers might ring doggy behaviour consultant at the vets later and see what they suggest.
He dislikes joggers, bikes and anyone in high vis .

Its pay day today.
Not got access to to car this weekend so need food so splitting what we need into 4 small daily shops Friday to Monday and that add extra exercise.
Its little ones birthday Monday so have to prepare for that
Think doing faittas tonight with home made salsa salad maybe some wine as love wine on a Friday and reckon will least do 17k steps by end of today.
Now to find outfit and slap on makeup for school run as hardly ever do school run.

Have a great day everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.